Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Mike Powell Is Coming To Amsterdam

Postby orange05 Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Press Release from Inside Lacrosse

Last month, ArchLevel Lacrosse announced their official partnership with the European Lacrosse Championships 2012; which would see them attempt to attract a high profile player from the US to attend the event as a "special guest" for workshops, demonstrations, and more. Today, ArchLevel announced who that player would be; Syracuse University all-time leading scorer, and newly signed Easton Lacrosse sponsored athlete...Mike Powell.

The signing with ArchLevel for this project will have Powell travelling over to Amsterdam this summer to deliver a wide range of services for the entire length of the event; June 20th - 30th. Workshops, demonstrations, and Q&A sessions will be on tap for anyone that attends; however, that's just the beginning to this adventure. One of the highlights for this trip will be the fact that Powell himself will be suiting up to play in the festival tournament; that's right. ArchLevel Lacrosse will be holding tryouts within the UK and Europe in the near future, to not only give the local community a chance to meet one of the biggest names in the game, but actually play with him as teammates.

"We couldn't be more excited to have Mike involved with us on this project." ArchLevel founder Vince Grimes said. "Our aim was to create the best experience possible for the European community for the EC12, and with a guy like Mike Powell joining us, we feel the results will far exceed anything we could have hoped for. This will truly raise the profile of lacrosse in Europe to a brand new level, and we're honoured to have Mike be a part it."

"I have been hearing great stuff from all over the world about how fast (lacrosse) is growing on an international level." said Powell. "I want to witness it for myself, shake the hands of my new lacrosse family members, and, of course, have some fun in the process."

If workshops, demonstrations, and a chance to play with Powell himself isn't enough for you; and if you aren't able to make it to Amsterdam this summer...fear not. "I plan to film my experience in Amsterdam in an effort to document the purity of European Lacrosse and its development." Powell says. "These players aren't playing to get recruited, break scoring records, or get on TV. They are simply playing lacrosse because they love it; bottom line. And, truthfully, that is the only reason why I still play the game; so there is plenty of common ground between us."

More details will be released soon for a Team ArchLevel roster featuring MP, a complete breakdown of events during the EC12, and information on the filming that will take place along the way.
UKLaxfan

Re: Mike Powell Is Coming To Amsterdam

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I believe that the same people who covered the World Championships 2010 in Manchester will be covering the European Championships 2012 in Amsterdam.

The Company is called www.247.tv and they will provide a LIVE webcast service of the games as well as DVDs being available of all the games covered by them (which I think is all the EC2012 Men's & Women's games).

Watch this space for more information but hopefully everyone who can't make the trip to Amsterdam will at least be able to watch the games On-Line or order the DVDs to watch at your leisure :D

It was disappointing that the Women's U19s World Lacrosse Championship 2011 had no video footage available at all online or DVD later.

All Major International Lacrosse Events (Euro's & World's) should have facility for parents/fans/friends to watch the games live via Webcast or at least have them filmed for DVDs later.

10p
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Will you be co-commentating again Dave?

Or does that depend on Mahou being on draught? :lol:
whopead

Postby whopead Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 pm

The coverage of the worlds on 247 tv in my opinion was pretty good. Especially when in the know laxers were commentating!!

hope they do the euros as it was pretty good value for the season ticket package!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk

Return to “Other Men's”