Mixed stringing

Discuss mixed rules here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
babyant

Mixed stringing

Postby babyant Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:31 pm

I wondered if anyone could confirm the rules on the stringing in mixed lacrosse. Now we're all with women's sticks what are the rules regarding the heads? Obviously depth is key, but can you string them up with anything other than the traditional style they come in? One of our guys put a small strip of mesh down the centre to replace the bright pink leather that was standard. Is this allowed?
Winning isn't everything, wanting to is
Ian#4
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Ian#4 Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:54 pm

The game I reffed a few weeks ago was a bit a joke really. About half the sticks were illegal, but noone from either team complained. I threw a few sticks out the game that were just taking the piss, but let a few go because there wouldn't have been a game otherwise. Are many teams forcing the rule?
Leeds :: SLL :: South :: Cardiff Harlequins :: Cardiff Uni :: Penarth
jpfathead

Postby jpfathead Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Strictly speaking that would be illegal, but it would be a pedantic ref to call it in mixed. as long as not like playing with a mens stick then I wouldn't worry. mixed isn't about rules, its about hangovers
Birmingham #55
Warwick Uni #55

Woody
babyant

Postby babyant Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:11 pm

We've been asked to check our sticks for one game regarding legality of depth, and last weekend this mesh stick was asked to be changed, even though it was one of the shallowest pockets we had. As we didn't actually know we didn't argue it.
Winning isn't everything, wanting to is
robbo

Postby robbo Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:40 pm

All mixed sticks should, in theory, comply with the IFWLA rules. Which would mean no mesh sticks except for the goalie. So far as depth of pocket then this should be enforced as that is the main difference between a mens and a womens stick and would defeat the object of the womens sticks only rule if it were ignored.

In practice I guess it comes down to the umpires on the day!

Rob

Return to “Mixed Lacrosse Rules”