ProLaxShop

Need new D pole any ideas?

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Frat lax

Need new D pole any ideas?

Postby Frat lax Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 am

Hey I want to buy a new stick (head shaft mesh and strings) money isn't the problem I just want a great stick to play with. If you have any ideas please share
Jax_lax_10

Re: Need new D pole any ideas?

Postby Jax_lax_10 Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 pm

This all depends what level you are playing at. I am 13 and play for my school and a travel team so my d pole is getting trafficked around a lot. Obviously, as a middle schooler, I could only afford the STX Amp fully completed upon purchase (sold already strung etc.) It works great for me. the shaft is light and durable, the head sucks though! If you even throw a slap check it bends out of place. STX Amps shaft - good, STX Amps head - BAD!
Hope this helped,
Jax
Beech

Postby Beech Tue May 21, 2013 1:25 pm

I am also looking to get a new shaft. Currently have this simple one, no idea what make it is. Its just a plain metal shaft no design or logo, literally nothing but a few dents. Its quite strong though (I dont own it though, my uni does, thats why I need a replacement!).

I have a STX Profile head and when I bought it I got an STX AMP shaft... Just want to say this is an AWEFUL shaft in my experience. A friend of mine said he had the same one... it bent on first contact... he then sawed in half to make a shorty.. also bent on first contact.

The exact same thing happened to me. First game with it. Bent to about 20degrees. Totally unusable. Very weak, although very light. Personally my new shaft needs to be able to take some hits!

Postby the pom Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 pm

warrior titan clasic simple.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Those Easton RS ultralights are pretty nice as well.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
CheyenneLax

Postby CheyenneLax Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Sorry this is sorta old but my first d pole (for LSM) was an Encore X on a Nike Vandal. Worked great, but it was around $200...
ZebuMassacre

Postby ZebuMassacre Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Redline shafts are amazing. You can customize them, never break,and crazy light. Worth the money and lasts forever
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Words/phrases that should never be used or taken literally to describe physical objects, especially Lax shafts and heads: 'never breaks' 'indestructible' 'unbreakable' and similar. Nothing is indestructible. Wolverines skeleton is made of a fictional element/alloy (adamantium), as is Captain America's shield (vibranium). Until such a time as mankind can build a single continuous carbon structure (akin to a 32" long carbon nanotube...not carbon fibre materials ) big enough to make lacrosse shafts from this will be true, even then I'd be loath to use those phrases.

Redline shafts appear to be carbon fibre/kevlar blends, nice idea and will stay straight UNTIL it fails. WHEN this happens the shaft will snap and splinter.

The shaft you choose will depend on 3 things:
how much money you have to spend,
how strong you are,
how you play.

if you have loads of money (say £200/$400 I guess?) then price isn't an issue. How strong you are can affect how much force you can apply to your stick (stronger = more force). How you play (dependent on your size, how you've been taught, etc) suggests how that force is applied, take away defenders will apply more short sharp shocks, defenders who body their prey will apply slower (comparatively), more prolonged force to the shaft. which brings me to the last bit:

Lax shafts can have only 2 of the following 3 traits.
They can be cheap
They can be strong/tough
They can be light.

For example warrior Titan shafts are strong and light, but they ain't cheap. AL6000 shafts are cheap and light but not strong. Carbon fibre shafts (Redline, hammer, C12, Harrow...) can be light are tough and ain't cheap. Wooden shafts, cheap and tough(hickory is anyway) but heavy.

The only place this gets bent a bit is when the shaft is made from an alloy used for something much bigger than lacrosse like Warrior Kryptolyte or STX Axe shafts. They're made from the same alloy that's used to make aircraft (known as 'C405') this means that more places are set up to make that alloy in bulk which makes things cheaper, so the items made from them are cheaper by a small amount.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
Longwood

Postby Longwood Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:09 am

I kinda agree on the words of Mort Rotu about the purchasing of new products (in general), because stuff can always break. Personally, I think it's always a difficult decision to choose between good quality (which more than often comes with a high price) and a reasonable price to buy it. Although at some stores you can buy stuff with a discount, never buy things without checking first if there's a discount available! You can check http://www.voucherbox.co.uk/ for discounts, I used one to buy sport shoes at Footlocker the last time and got a 30% discount, saved me a lot of money. Just so you know guys!
Ago ergo sum
lgr

Postby lgr Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 am

the pom wrote:warrior titan clasic simple.

Exactly.

It's the best investment. Yes it hurt the hip pocket when I bought it, but it lasted for at least 10 seasons. Anything less and it bends which means more cash. Pay a lot now, or pay a lot more over time.
http://www.lacrossegearreview.com
- We independently review the best lacrosse gear so you're in the know. No cheesy sales slogans, just the facts.

Return to “Discussion”