ProLaxShop

Whattup England

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mess4224

Whattup England

Postby mess4224 Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Heyoo! Just got into the UK and I will be here in Brackley, Northamptonshire for about 2 years. Looking into teams and such but I dont know exactly how the leagues work. If anybody could get me up to speed on what to look for as an American I'd really appreciate it. I've got about 12 years or so experience with the game and I'm looking for a fun/competitive experience of lacrosse here to keep active and to meet new people. I know the season is just about over so if there is any sort of end of the year "can't be missed" event then I'd appreciate the info. Hopefully next year I can play or become a part of the development while I'm around.

Thanks for the help!

Essary :mrgreen:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Rotisserie

Re: Whattup England

Postby Rotisserie Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 pm

mess4224 wrote: any sort of end of the year "can't be missed" event

Bluesfest is always pretty awesome - 8/9th June at Walcountian Blues in Surrey

As for local teams, Northampton and Oxford are the closest (I think there may be a Milton Keynes team starting up?). If you're looking to play at the highest standard then Welwyn or Hitchin aren't too far away and both of them play in the Premiership.

You can find details of all the clubs and contacts on http://www.southlacrosse.org.uk/

Welcome to the UK lax scene
mess4224

Postby mess4224 Mon May 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks for all the info. I'm gonna see if I can get to the event in Surrey so I can get to meet some of the people that make lacrosse possible here. I'm going to look into more information and start sending some e-mails around to teams and hope for the best.
Hunter S. Thompson
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Mon May 20, 2013 10:20 pm

mess4224 wrote:I'm gonna see if I can get to the event in Surrey so I can get to meet some of the people that make lacrosse possible here.

Bring your kit as there's bound to be a team looking for the odd player here and there. Also bring a tent and a strong stomach. It ain't Bud Light any more! :wink:
mess4224

Postby mess4224 Mon May 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Rotisserie wrote:It ain't Bud Light any more! :wink:

THANK ALL THAT IS DRUNKEN AND HOLY!!

I can't stand that piss water.
Hunter S. Thompson
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am

American?

12 Years experience?

I think the nearest Lacrosse playing town to Brackley is probably Wilmslow.It's on the Northamptonshire/Cheshire border.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
RobGooch

Postby RobGooch Tue May 21, 2013 9:36 am

There is action this Sunday evening in Milton Keynes if you want to come along and play.
See http://laxforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18291 for details.
mess4224

Postby mess4224 Wed May 22, 2013 9:08 am

Well I'm going to try my best to get a ride to things going on around my local area. Since I don't have a car yet and should get my UK drivers license soon I will be on the road shortly and able to access more of the area. Any1 got a car they are selling for a reasonable price (and close to me) then send me a message and you will be directly helping me a lot with getting around and being able to do more while I'm here.
Hunter S. Thompson
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Wed May 29, 2013 4:26 pm

There's 5 or 6 of us living in and around Milton Keynes that play over at Hitchin. The league season starts late sept/early oct, there's a tourney in Bath early Sept.

There's very chilled out training going on over the summer

If you can get public transport to MK i'm sure one of us can sort you out with a lift if your struggling.

Most of the Hitchin team will be at Bluesfest playing for various tourney teams. Let me know if you need more information.

Rhod
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
mess4224

Postby mess4224 Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:35 am

Dagm,

I love this country. Usually there is no support for the new guy where I'm from and anything you try and join is already full/they don't want anybody who hasn't played there before or knows what is going on. Thanks for all the support here because I'm definitely excited to play and check out what English lax is all about.

Ess
Hunter S. Thompson
LestarAsh

Postby LestarAsh Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:57 am

Hope you have a nice trip. :roll:

Return to “General Chat”