ProLaxShop

Crazy

for all the Goalies? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
LacrosseRob

Crazy

Postby LacrosseRob Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:32 am

An interview with an old Hopkins goalie who at one point talks about how he didn't wear a chest protector whilst he was there:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal- ... .htmlstory

Quote:
Steven, Ellicott City: Did you really play all four years at Johns Hopkins without a chest protector?

Quint Kessenich: I wore an old catcher's chest protector through high school and part of [my first year at] Hopkins. For the remaining three years at Hopkins and many years of club ball with Team Toyota, I didn't use one, which by today's standards is illegal and idiotic. There were only two times I got hit hard enough to fear for my personal safety - Adam Wright nailed me in the sternum in practice, and in 1990, one of the Gait brothers hit me from 6 yards out. All goalies are a little bit off between the ears, that was just my way of getting a mental edge.

I know we're all crazy but wow haha
Ex-Leicester Uni #99
Leicester Uni Men's Captain 2011/12
Maidstone #00
dblacklock

Re: Crazy

Postby dblacklock Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:21 pm

When I played for York University in Toronto (in the 80's) we had a goalie in my second year from Philadephia who just wore an extra sweat shirt under his playing jersey. Says it helped to keep him sharp with his stick skills!!!
Don Blacklock
I'll referee the perfect game
only when you play the perfect game.

Return to “Goalie Tips”