ProLaxShop

Starting a Architectural Technology degree at 37 years old.

All Univeristy and College discussion form the UK and USA

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
rolandbaker

Starting a Architectural Technology degree at 37 years old.

Postby rolandbaker Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi,

I think this forum is mainly geared towards the American marketplace so apologies, as I am from the UK, but this also seems to be the best forum on this subject so I thought I would ask my questions here on the off chance. I'm sure there will be some UK professionals around here somewhere!

Basically, I have always wanted to be an architect, but a combination of not being very bright at school, kids etc have got in the way of "The Dream". So at 37 I am doing what I think and consider to be a close as I will get, considering the time it takes. Even this degree is 6 years part time.

My main questions are:

1. Am I too old? I don't think so but some real world advice would be great.

2. What are the main differences between tech and being a full arch? Everything I read bases this around less time spent on the design elements.

3. What can I expect when I finish? In terms of level and salary. This isn't salary driven but it would be nice to know what to expect.

I have just had a son and the thought of him seeing his dad as a admin monkey when he is 6 fills me with dread. So this is fulfilling a dream and for me and my family to have a dad who has a career rather than a paycheck only!

Thank you and ALL comments welcome.

Check this Corporate Marketing Video

Return to “University”