ProLaxShop

Advice to have for coaches who want to coach college football?

Are you a Coach? Want to be a Coach? Ever thought what motivates them and what they talk about? All in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

markblake

Advice to have for coaches who want to coach college football?

Postby markblake Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:40 am

Don't get into it for the money. You have to genuinely love and care for the guys you are coaching, love football and be willing to sacrifice. My first college job I made $10,000 and my wife and I lived in a different state - talk about sacrifice. This has to be what you want to do, and also your family has to support you.

For the married guys, your spouse has to know you will be gone long nights. If they are not supportive of that it will not work.

As far as the guys you are coaching, the old saying "people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." Relationships are big. I am going on 10 years coaching and didn't learn to apply the relationship piece until the seventh year. We don't coach for the income, we coach for the outcome. I won't know how well of a job I did as a coach until 10, 20, 50 years down the road when I am able to see how the type of men that I coached and mentored are doing in life. If I have no impact on their life outside of football then I failed as a coach.

I like this article 3D Animation Agency

Return to “Coach Talk”