ProLaxShop

Laxforums re-write

This forum is where you will find all forum related announcements. Learn whats to come, whats been launched and other changes.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mandy
Admin
Admin

Laxforums re-write

Postby mandy Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:08 am

Am going to start re-writing laxforums again soon (as phpbb3 went gold last month), and so looking for your input as to what you want to see in the new one

Are there some features of this one I've added that you don't want to lose, or is there anything you've seen on another that you'd like me to implement on here?

Any and all ideas will be taken into consideration, so please do speak up, and help make laxorums as good as we can (if yo feel shy about posting a pm will work too)
ahhh ... the whit
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:55 pm

Big job mate...

The search function could use some work I reckon. For instance in Author if I type "Mand" - looking for Mandy, it gives no results, I do know about *, but would seem easier to upgrade that... bit pointless and menial I know (must be that damn computing degree im doing!)

Memberlist - cool, but could use an overhaul...

Usergroups - Get the feeling its an admin thing...

Ill try and think of some more, not stuff thats massively taxing though...
Jetpac

Postby Jetpac Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:52 pm

get rid of the "create a player" avatars and bring in user defined custom 100x100 or 80x80 pictures, they are pretty and all but the custom pictures is nicer.
Bristol Bombers #4
Ex-Pompey Uni #4
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:46 am

Jetpac wrote:get rid of the "create a player" avatars and bring in user defined custom 100x100 or 80x80 pictures, they are pretty and all but the custom pictures is nicer.

couldnt agree more. Bring back custom avatars
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 am

From requests and thoughts the custom avatars will be restored. Size limits will be determined but we've both thought about bringing the old ones back. Loads of new features will be added but Mandy is mega busy this week with work and it wont be till at least next week till he kicks off the re-write.

Plans to launch this year is priority and we want to make sure the site is fully completed before it goes live.

Keep the requests coming and we'll do our best to use all your ideas. We want this site to be the very best and with your help it will continue to grow.

Cheers

Jimmy
russ_coffey

Postby russ_coffey Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:48 pm

What about a calender with fixtures and tornements on it.
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 am

Nice , like the idea, we'll take that on board and see what we can do. We have a deadline to launch the new site for and its this half of the year but it depends on spare time and the code machine - Mandy!

we;ll keep everyone posted and hopefully we'll have some screen shots as we go along then 1 day you'll be faced with the new site. Who knows when it might be!?
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:41 am

i wouldn't get too excited jim

saying things like that make people think it going to be next week, but more likely to be closer to summer

avatars - pretty certain to go back to customs when launched, as is hard to code, and this time will have option to not be shown, if you don;t fancy looking at the same avatars you see on most mb's

search - that really would be a massive rewrite for the search function - it is 3 of the biggest tables in the database, but will have a look into it - maybe even use two different ones a custom google search along with the site search... as for the automatically adding wildcards, with the number of records in the search tables, it would take a long long time to search them all, so easier to put a line saying to add * if you want a wildcard search and so not creating an unnecessary server load, unless teh user is actively using wildcards
ahhh ... the whit
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:12 am

I see how it looks now reading it back. Yeah wont be for a long time yet. Mandy has a life and a job to juggle along with other sites to maintain so LF will be handled in the future. And when it is completed you'll all be informed.
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 am

admin wrote: Mandy has a life and a job to juggle

I don't believe it for a second
Hitchin

mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:19 pm

are you suggesting I have no life or no job mr. stanford?

Let me assure you I most definitely have a job!
ahhh ... the whit
pezmouse_13

Postby pezmouse_13 Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 pm

u have a job?? a real one???
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:00 am

nah it's for fakes
Hitchin

mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 pm

busted again
ahhh ... the whit
Jetpac

Postby Jetpac Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:33 pm

what about adding cup results and trees to the fixtures and results bit?
that would be pretty handy!
Bristol Bombers #4
Ex-Pompey Uni #4
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:38 pm

don't you worry it'll be a more fullsome league suite when it does indeed get redone

I will, make sure it's not just league games that can be entered but also any friendlies tournaments can sign up for etc...
ahhh ... the whit
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:03 pm

could you add a little box that shows what number in the thread the post is? posibly in the bar next to the time of posting?
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
Ekko

Postby Ekko Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Id really like to see a little 'R' next to any fixtures that are replayed in the results for each team, that way it will be easier to figure out who you have left to play, especially in a season where there have been so many postponed games.
Freddie

Postby Freddie Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:32 pm

i know this is minor, but would it be possible to get indiana jones working on the games and perhaps update tontie beta, to tontie version 1?
fresher309
League Mod
League Mod

Postby fresher309 Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:52 pm

i've thought of 1 idea, allow threads to be posted in multiple sections, but no matter who writes on them, it updates all, this way people can place threads for various people's interests, but wont end up with multiple people writing stuff in each 1
Ex Birmingham Bulls #88
Bristol Bombers #88
Turkish.....Maybe
Lacrostitute....Definitely

Return to “Announcements”