ProLaxShop

new stick

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
turner_8t8

new stick

Postby turner_8t8 Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:36 am

hey, im just moving into d, and i need to buy a stick, im pretty sure im gonna buy a kryptolyte shaft, but im unsure as to what head to get. I was thinking a bionic, as i need to get it fairly quickly and cheaply and i can get this in england, are there any better options?

Cheers
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 pm

there's a load of D head threads on the forum, they all say the same thing, so have a read of them.

http://www.laxforums.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1995

http://www.laxforums.eu/viewtopic.php?t=618

http://www.laxforums.eu/viewtopic.php?t=6188

there's 3 only a few inches down from your post, also check out some posts in the equipment forum
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
turner_8t8

Postby turner_8t8 Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:32 pm

sorry, just wondered if anyone knew any specifically cheap heads that i could get quickly and easily. just trying to get some more personal advice!
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:51 pm

well lets see

the Warrior Revolution 2.0 is £42 at http://www.uklacrosse.com good customer service and my experiance always delivered quickly.

And judging by the other threads, the Revolution is a highly rated D head. Can't go too wrong with that.
Hitchin

turner_8t8

Postby turner_8t8 Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:02 pm

yeah i was reading the other threads and was considering that one. that was anothere thing, i was wondering whether uklacrosse are reliable, my friend went to zenith and they took ages to get his hypnos to him, so i want to make sure the retailer is good.
Ekko

Postby Ekko Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 pm

You cant really beat Uklacrosse for customer service, much better than any other UK retailer I have used.
fresher309
League Mod
League Mod

Postby fresher309 Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm

yup, bought some gloves and were delivered 2 days later, very good service, would always recommend
Ex Birmingham Bulls #88
Bristol Bombers #88
Turkish.....Maybe
Lacrostitute....Definitely
turner_8t8

Postby turner_8t8 Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 pm

just a point aswell, is it worth the extra tenner to upgrade from revo 2.0 to revo pro? im very tempted to get some superfreaks aswell, are they any good? its just a lot easier than gettin brine, as i was going to get defts but cant get them for a reasonable price anywhere in uk
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 pm

can't coment on wether it's worth the extra money.

But superfreaks are probably the favorite gloves i have ever owned. I prefere them to the other gloves i've had over the past few seasons which include brine supercrosse, brine kings and stx gforce.
Hitchin

jake

Postby jake Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:02 pm

Wearing some MacDaddies at the moment and they're miiiiinnnnttttt!!
If you're going to spend that sort of momeny you may as well go top of the range?

I've just put an order in for a D pole tyrant genysis, everyone given it an amazing review so i'd say that (but then i would, wouldnt i)

Oh and revo-pro is an exelent d head, nice and still for poke checks :!:
Cardiff Harlequins #22
SLL #42
EX UWIC #55
kjk20

Postby kjk20 Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Don't bother with the Revo Pro, life with it will be great for a few months, but like all good things, it will pinch itself into illegality and then fold in half when you go for groundballs.

I've got a 2.0 and it's great, nice and stiff and as the sidewall's not so flared, I don't think it will deform to the point that a ball will stick in the throat.

UKLacrosse is a great company to order from, they dispatch really quickly.

The best thing to do in terms of gloves is try on as many pairs as possible until you find some that feel good on your hands. I decided on a pair of Warrior Shockers (what can I say, I'm a demon in the sack) and they've broken in really well.
Hillcroft
Bathletes
Ex Bath Uni
Ex Bath
turner_8t8

Postby turner_8t8 Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 pm

yeah i have tried defts and thought they were nice and flexible, but then tried on superfreaks and there was no impairment at all, just dont know how they are for protection. I wasnt intending on spending that much on my shaft at the moment as i figure it will just get wrecked in dublin, i can get something better with my next student loan! ( was also considering getting a nutt hutt, after our captain told us he tends to cup his defenders balls with his stick to see if ther wearing a cup or not!)
kjk20

Postby kjk20 Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:15 pm

You definitely need one of those.

I still don't understand why it is not mandatory for players to wear a box.

Entirely up to you, you can either have kids in your life, or make a lifetime savings on Jimmy Hats (with the possibility of less functionality).
Hillcroft
Bathletes
Ex Bath Uni
Ex Bath
cavebehr

Postby cavebehr Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:05 pm

its a lot easier to run without a cup...before you get hit
"The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity."- Seneca
Bay Area Sandsharks U-17
Springstead High School Boys Varsity
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:11 pm

depends on the cup, the nuthutt is pretty good and as kjk20 has mention somewhere else, shock doctor do a good one as well.

the real difference in the way it affects your motion is the way you hold it in place, compressions shorts don't seem to affect my range of motion at all.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11

Return to “Defence Tips”