Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
the pom

fish and chip shop league

Postby the pom Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:46 pm

http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/lacros ... 4605-4605/

all prem 2 and 3 teams intresting reading whet the ela think about these leaugues
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
young_trig

Re: fish and chip shop league

Postby young_trig Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm

the pom wrote:http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/lacrosse-talk/4605-4605/

all prem 2 and 3 teams intresting reading whet the ela think about these leaugues

I thought exactly the same thing when reading the article.
Found it a good read but feel the ELA should step in about naming it the Fish and Chip Shop League.
Hardly good advertising when an ELA article takes the p*ss out of the standard of one of it affiliated leagues!
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
ENGLISHLAX

Postby ENGLISHLAX Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Edited, These were Tom's opinoins and not our own. We have now edited the article.

Apologies for any offence caused, we certainly don't hold the same views.

English Lacrosse.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm

ENGLISHLAX wrote:Edited, These were Tom's opinoins and not our own. We have now edited the article.

Apologies for any offence caused, we certainly don't hold the same views.

English Lacrosse.

No worries.
Cheers for the understanding
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:48 pm

I did wonder if the copy had ever been checked when I read it.

I mean it was obviously an opinion rather than officially endorsed but you can't have something like that on the governing bodies website.

Also I felt the preview was a bit of a cop out only doing 1-5 and then washing over the rest of the league. With only 10 teams in the top division you would think a small paragraph could be devoted to each team at least.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
the pom

Postby the pom Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm

possible names for Prem 3?

The kebab shop league?
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
the pom

Postby the pom Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:04 pm

ELA "nothing do with us just blame tom"

tom as an amateur should have had his work vetted by the professionals in communications and PR at the ELA before it was posted.

What if he had written something really offensive racist/ discriminatory ect or was it vetted as you would expect and this was considered acceptable until questions were raised.

someone should be told off at work today
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:48 pm

I like fish and chips..... seems like a compliment to me!
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Moaning Git wrote:I like fish and chips..... seems like a compliment to me!

You would!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

:D
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:10 am

Shame Wilmslow got relegated. :(
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am

Moaning Git wrote:I like fish and chips..... seems like a compliment to me!

Is it because some of the lads on Rochdale A genuinely have a chippy before the games?
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:03 pm

*TRUE STORY KLAXON*

When Sheffield Uni were in old Div2 we once stopped off at the local sandwich shop (Belly Busters - you might have heard of it) on the way up to the ground.

Mark Wagstaff took the order for the car and went into the shop. He came out with TEN sandwiches in a plastic bag - proudly proclaiming that the woman had given him them for free (something about a big order that hadn't been picked up).

Mark started handing them out to the three of us in the car and by the time we got up to Castle Dyke I think I had necked about three variants on bacon, sausage, egg and tomato sandwiches. The rest were left on the changing room bench for the scrubbers to dig into. Needless to say I didn't move that much during that game (or that season).

The only time I've felt like that since is when I suffered chronic indegestion following chicken and chips in a basket 30 minutes prior to playing John Hopkins on Homewood Field (14-1 in case you were wondering). Funny as, in a dramatic twist of irony, we went on to play (and lose to) Hofstra on a 14-hour empty stomach during the same tour.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:*TRUE STORY KLAXON*

When Sheffield Uni were in old Div2 we once stopped off at the local sandwich shop (Belly Busters - you might have heard of it) on the way up to the ground.

Mark Wagstaff took the order for the car and went into the shop. He came out with TEN sandwiches in a plastic bag - proudly proclaiming that the woman had given him them for free (something about a big order that hadn't been picked up).

Mark started handing them out to the three of us in the car and by the time we got up to Castle Dyke I think I had necked about three variants on bacon, sausage, egg and tomato sandwiches. The rest were left on the changing room bench for the scrubbers to dig into. Needless to say I didn't move that much during that game (or that season).

The only time I've felt like that since is when I suffered chronic indegestion following chicken and chips in a basket 30 minutes prior to playing John Hopkins on Homewood Field (14-1 in case you were wondering). Funny as, in a dramatic twist of irony, we went on to play (and lose to) Hofstra on a 14-hour empty stomach during the same tour.

* some of the truths may have been exaggerated to suit the story.
** I did eat three bacon, sausage and egg sandwiches prior to a Div2 game
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Waggy

Postby Waggy Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Who's the fish scraps and who will take the gravy in the chippy league??
whopead

Postby whopead Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Well the first result from the chip shop league! HMG have Pi**ed on my chips by informing us they cant get a team for saturday!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
young_trig

Postby young_trig Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm

whopead wrote:Well the first result from the chip shop league! HMG have Pi**ed on my chips by informing us they cant get a team for saturday!

Sorry to hear that. Not a good start!
Mitchlax

Postby Mitchlax Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:*TRUE STORY KLAXON*

I regret to inform you that said establishment, 'belly busters' felt the force of the recession and has since ceased trading.
Jaspers15

Postby Jaspers15 Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 am

Full fish and chips half an hour before playing at Moorthorpe as an 17 yr old. Half the team had been working down the coal face that morning. They beat the sh*t out of me.

Would rather have played Hopkins!
Waggy

Postby Waggy Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 am

Arrrr, happy memory's of Morthorpe.

Return to “Men's”