ProLaxShop

Onondaga Cup Final 2012

Play in the North, South? U12-U19? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Moaning Git

Onondaga Cup Final 2012

Postby Moaning Git Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:13 am

First of all congratulations to Timperley on winning the Trophy, you deserved the win, and I can say that easily despite my own feelings of disappointment.

Next though well done to the Stockport U12s. In the first quarter you froze, and seemed to forget everything you had been taught and displayed throughout the season. But in the next quarter you showed fantastic character and held a rampant Timperley side to a single goal. Ben the keeper played out of his skin, and I am really proud of the strength of character he displayed. You hit the post three times in two minutes, and who knows what might have happened if just one of those shots had gone in!
Micheal P, when he got his head into gear played how we know he can and scored some superb goals, and Cameron, for one of the yougest players on the field, displayed a maturity far beyond his years and obtained a assist that a senior player would have been proud of.

And the best thing of all was when the final whistle went, there were a few tears but no tantrums and no bad mouthing the opposition or the refs. You took it on the chin guys and made us very proud!

Again congratulations to Timperley, and see you in the U14s
UKLaxfan

Re: Onondaga Cup 2012

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Congratulations to both sides and both Clubs for a superb display of Junior Lacrosse

The Face-off, Groundball & Midfield battle between #19 Timperley & #28 Stockport was worth the price of admission on its own.

I would like to reiterate the words of Moaning Git above that the Character and Sportsmanship that both Teams showed throughout the game was exemplary.

Fortunately some Fat Bloke was there to film proceedings and if anyone has a cable to connect a Mimi-DV Camcorder to a PC then the rest of the Lacrosse Community can see for themselves one of the best U12s Games I've ever seen.

Both Goalies were excellent and contenders for MVP
#3 & #92 for Timperley in attack were outstanding
#25 & #23 for Stockport in Defence were stand outs
#5 in Defence for Timperley exhibited skills & Lacrosse IQ well above those expected for U16s never mind U12s
The Stockport Midfield line of #27, #28 & #30 will be a 1st Midfield Line to reckon with if they can stay and develop together on the same team.

And

The two little guys in attack for Stcokport LC both lefties #33 & #39(?) had great stick skills to go with their tenacity and courage taking on much larger, older opposition.

I look forward to watching these two teams doing battle over the next 4-5 years as they progress through the Junior ranks.

Bravo Guys Image Image Image
UKLaxfan

Re: Onondaga Cup Final 2012

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

PS; I thought the Officiating Team (The Third Team on the Field) did a magnificent job, stopping the game at the first sight of any injury, which at this age group is very important as little guys get hurt and the last thing they want is to cost their team a goal while they are down injured.

This Game made my weekend and was far more entertaining than the Senior Flags Final that was the main event of the Day.

Saturday & Sunday's U12s games showed that the Future is bright for Junior Lacrosse in the North :mrgreen:
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

For sure this was pre-highlighted as the game to watch over the weekend, and it lived up to its billing.

Slightly off-topic ... but juniors all the same ... big shout for Sheffield Steelers in taking both the U14's and U16's trophies!!! A junior programme started by the Coups dynasty ... the legend lives on.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
WacsDad

Postby WacsDad Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm

UKLacrosse wrote:For sure this was pre-highlighted as the game to watch over the weekend, and it lived up to its billing.

Slightly off-topic ... but juniors all the same ... big shout for Sheffield Steelers in taking both the U14's and U16's trophies!!! A junior programme started by the Coups dynasty ... the legend lives on.

Did anyone see that U16's game and care to report/comment.

My lad plays at U16 and we lost to Brooklands in the semi - deservedly but it was close. The fact that Brooklands had gone all season unbeaten and were very strong all-round, led me to believe that they would take that one. Particularly as they had beaten Sheffield twice in the regular season as well. Score suggests it was a "thriller" !
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

WacsDad wrote:
UKLacrosse wrote:For sure this was pre-highlighted as the game to watch over the weekend, and it lived up to its billing.

Did anyone see that U16's game and care to report/comment.

My lad plays at U16 and we lost to Brooklands in the semi - deservedly but it was close. The fact that Brooklands had gone all season unbeaten and were very strong all-round, led me to believe that they would take that one. Particularly as they had beaten Sheffield twice in the regular season as well. Score suggests it was a "thriller" !

I ended up watching as we were the game waiting to get on the pitch.
Of the bits I watched the two teams were playing a very closely played match. A lot of the games came from transition. If anything I would say that Steelers seemed to be playing the better game but were struggling to capitalise against an excellent Brooklands goalkeeper.

He definitely looks like one to watch when he steps up to the senior game. Excellent technique and handling.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:20 pm

From what I saw .... Steelers got off to a good start and led quite comfortably for much of the game.
Brooklands came back in the second half, dominating the face-off, but each time Brooklands levelled it, Steelers managed to get one back and looked to have held on until Brooklands levelled again just before full time. Steelers appeared to have sorted out the face-off by then, and went into over-time looking more comfortable. They did have a goal disallowed on a dubious crease violation towards the end of the game.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

www.uklacrosse.com
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 pm

There was another U12s game over the weekend

Sat 14/4/12 U12s Plate: http://youtu.be/KZL4FEHxD4U
WacsDad

Postby WacsDad Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:There was another U12s game over the weekend

Sat 14/4/12 U12s Plate: http://youtu.be/KZL4FEHxD4U

Yes well done Norbury - nice pictures too.

I wasn't there but I hear Norbury were good value for the win. Our team was a bit understrength due to Easter hols but they had a great day out and the experience of the day will surely enthuse them more for the game and stand them in good stead for next season - as it will for Norbury too.

It's a great thing I believe to have the juniors' plate finals at the Flags festival.
Beryl3

Postby Beryl3 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 am

I watched the U16 final and it certainly was thrilling. I was pacing up and down hardly bearing to watch! I thought both teams played fantastically , but I think the only thing that I could fault Brooklands on was the occasional lack of discipline.
davewilliams

Re: Onondaga Cup 2012

Postby davewilliams Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:Fortunately some bloke was there to film proceedings and if anyone has a cable to connect a Mimi-DV Camcorder to a PC then the rest of the Lacrosse Community can see for themselves one of the best U12s Games I've ever seen.

This could be useful to show local beginners what is achievable. Any progress Dave?
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club

Return to “UK Juniors”