ProLaxShop

American Abroad Student Looking to Play

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Haz123

American Abroad Student Looking to Play

Postby Haz123 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Evening everyone,

My name is Hayden and I'm a 20 year old American student from Syracuse University coming to London to study abroad for the Spring semester. I'll be coming over around the 20th of January and staying until the end of April. I will most likely be living near the Northeast corner of Hyde Park and I'm wondering if there are any local clubs or pick-up leagues around the area that would suit me. If anyone has any information for me, please email me at Haydman07@gmail.com.

Thanks for your time gentlemen,

Hayden
Tree13

Re: American Abroad Student Looking to Play

Postby Tree13 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome to the forum mate.

Best way to go about it would be to use this page on the league website: http://www.southlacrosse.org.uk/gmaps/mens.html - or if you already know the address where you'll be staying use this page: http://www.southlacrosse.org.uk/nearest.html

Once you've identified the nearest clubs you can contact them directly using the relevant links. Best of luck!
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

London University would probably be worth a try - back in my time there, we had many players in your situation join the team. Which educational establishement will you be at?

And if not London University, then I'd suggest any of the clubs that are in and around. Base your decision (at least in part) on transport considerations - where can you get to via tube & train easily, do you want to train with them, where are their pitches and training venues...
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 pm

In the UK club teams usually offer the higher standard of play, so it really depends what your looking for. If your looking for the highest standard in the area look at the London based teams that play in the Premiership division http://www.southlacrosse.org.uk/tables.html#Prem
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 am

Hillcroft, Hampstead and Spencer are the 3 centrally based London clubs that play in the Premiership and are probably your best bets but there are number of very good teams on the outskirts too that are easy to get to by train (Walcountian Blues, Hitchin, Welwyn).

Alternative Reading is 50mins from Paddington station....
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 pm

It's right by where the all american Hampstead team's ground is!

BeeZee.
Last edited by Blind Zebra on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
Porky

Postby Porky Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm

True we may not be able to provide the quality of the prem. teams but I would like to think our social side is superior. We play in finsbury park (victoria line) and train wednesday afternoons in regents park.

We've got our first game of 2012 this saturday or if your busy we ll be out in central (euston or london bridge area) for drinks if you fancy.

Anyway if your keen facebook the group "london university mens' lacrossse" (http://www.facebook.com/groups/2204802752/) or hunt down me (james Porcas), captain (Alasdair Mackay) or president Mike Scott.
#15 London Uni 2009-Present
APaddyNotThePaddy

Postby APaddyNotThePaddy Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Porky,

Hes not here till the 20th as per his message so doubt he will make your game or drinks.

I believe Hillcroft would like to think we could challange your "superior social side" as club, prem team or east 2 team!
Chavez66

Postby Chavez66 Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:31 am

False acc. 2 didge.

Return to “UK Southern”