ProLaxShop

England v Canada

Any posts on the Under 19's World Games in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

orange05
League Mod
League Mod

England v Canada

Postby orange05 Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

England 3-22 Canada

QT: 1-5
HT: 1-13
TT: 1-17

England scorers:
Ryan Sweetman
Ryan Hunns
Matt Boyd
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Re: England v Canada

Postby orange05 Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Australia are giving the Iroquois a run for their money - currently 6-4 to Iroquois late in 2nd Quarter
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Final score: 17-9 to the Iroquois

England therfore finish 4th in Blue Division and on Wednesday (5pm BST) will face winner of tomorrow's Finland v Czech Republic game for place in semi-finals
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:51 pm

It looked like the Aussies stepped up a notch against the Iroquois, certainly there seemed to be less stupid penalties. Iroquois still impress with their individual skills but to me sometimes lack cohesion at the back. Ben Thompson from Aus sccored a beautiful goal after being brought to his knees.

Missed a lot of the England game due to work and problems with the live feed.

Sorry to report that Dave Hallows is suffering from total commentators break down .... some of the poor demented fool's comments today were heartbreaking ....Norbury legendary mean green machine!!!!. He needs to lie down in a darkened room.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Moaning Git wrote:Sorry to report that Dave Hallows is suffering from total commentators break down .... some of the poor demented fool's comments today were heartbreaking ....Norbury legendary mean green machine!!. He needs to lie down in a darkened room.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At risk of seeming flippant, my favourite DH line came late in the Euros after a last-minute LSM goal
"...and that puts the frosting on the icing on the cherry on the cake!!"

The lad has a future, well worth encouraging.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am

Dave does a great job! end of!
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 am

Well done to England finishing 4th in their group. It all came down to that superb victory against Australia!

Keep up the good work, and good luck in the quarters
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Ketts19

Postby Ketts19 Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:48 am

That win against Australia seems even sweeter now. From what I've seen the lads have done themselves proud in all the games and I hope they can continue their good showing for the rest of the tournament.

Dh is doing a great job on the commentary and I like the fact he's trying to give a bit of background to all the lads during the play, I'm sure they'll appreciate that if they get to see the recordings.

I think Mr Git is possibly engaging in a bit of gentle banter it looks like Dave is too in fairness;

"Manchester, home to the greatest football club in the world - Manchester City"

:roll:
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 am

Czechs beat Finns 12-11 in sudden-death OT thriller, so England will play the Czech Republic at 5pm (UK time) tomorrow - and the winners of that play Canada in semi-final on Thursday
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Dave does a great job! end of!

Steady mate, I am pulling his plonker. You were not part of our conversations in Amsterdam about the problems he has trying to fill the space in the commentaries, Also the physical strain of talking all day. He is doing a great job, one that I would not attempt for cash, and he is loving it. That still does not stop us having a laugh at some of his comments .... probably as he planned!

Classic " and that leaves England trailing by only 20 goals .....GAME ON!"..... Brilliant!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:59 pm

England will play the Czech Republic

That should be a cracker. The Finns played impressively in some of their games and I hoped to see them against England, but the Czechs play hard solid box based lacrosse. The England D will need to be well on their game, but is all to play for.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Moaning Git wrote:...trying to fill the space in the commentaries, Also the physical strain of talking all day

Yeah, but he does occasionally have help. Like the irritating kid who kept saying "Hello" into his mic during the last game on Monday. I think Dave showed great restraint :)

Return to “2012 U19 Worlds”