ProLaxShop

Predictions for BUCS Championships

Play for a Uni Team or at College? Post In Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
WacsDad

Re: Predictions for BUCS Championships

Postby WacsDad Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Notaeus wrote:
ScottStorey wrote:Durham v Sheffield will be a good one to watch. Hopefully Durham will be given a run for their money.

Indeed, hopefully Sheffield are fired up and ready to play. Their handling of St. Andrews (17-2) is not entirely uncomparable to Durham's 23-2 and 20-0 wins. While Durham held St. Andrews to the same goal total and put in more on them, this was at Durham and on 3G. Playing on the astroturf at Timperly could be more of a disadvantage for Durham than Sheffield, given that Durham are more used to playing on nicer pitches.

Do I think Durham will lose? No, I wouldn't be willing to bet on that, but I do believe we will see them allow more than 2 goals for the first time all season! I wouldn't be surprised to see Durham (for the second time all year) kept under 20 goals as well. I don't think something like 18-4 would be improbable or perhaps 17-3.

Who knows?! I'm sure the final score will make a fool of my predictions anyways!

Who knows - the mighty Stockport were felled at the same stage of the Northern Flags competition last Sunday - maybe lightning can strike twice :D
webby

Postby webby Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm

I expect to hear the following travelling over the Pennines on Wednesday....

Oh Sheffield....
Oh Tom McDowall....
I've got a dog...
Black and Gold....
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
ScottStorey

Postby ScottStorey Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:38 am

webby wrote:I expect to hear the following travelling over the Pennines on Wednesday....

Oh Sheffield....
Oh Tom McDowall....
I've got a dog...
Black and Gold....

And there, and on the way back.
Sheffield Hallam - 2008 - Present
Sheffield Hallam Men's Chair - 08/09, 09/10, 10/11
ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 am

Freddie wrote:
Rotisserie wrote:
ScottStorey wrote:Do we have any idea of who and how many are refereeing the semis/finals?

Be interesting to see how many BUCS/ELA have put on it.

When we played durham for our QF they had 3 refs and a CBO, very professional.

Probably as they have a full squad of ex first team members, qualified as refs, with nothing else to do on a weds

Well aware this is a massive fish, but I'm going to bite anyway.

No, they are playing as the 2nd team and the 3rd team, so occasionally the 2nds are at the same venue, but rarely. I'm refereeing for them today.
The only time he takes his foot out of his mouth, is to put the other one in!

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne #4 08-
Durham #4 05-09
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:48 am

so what was the score?
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:16 am

the pom wrote:so what was the score?

Face-off is 1230 at Timperley today I believe
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:55 pm

still 0-0 then
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I left just before half time when it was about 11-5 to Durham.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
jivingjohn

Postby jivingjohn Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Are they videoing it?

11-5 is pretty close for a Durham game isn't it? Well done Sheffield!
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Didn't see anyone filming it but I did see Demus patrolling the sideline keenly with an SLR.

Most (all?) of Sheffield's goals had come from extra man at that stage as Durham were taking quite a few penalties. Mike Armstrong was coming up with about 80% of face and was involved in all the goals.

Without having seen them play before I would say that Durham had a good few more gears in them and would start to move through them if they needed to.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:Didn't see anyone filming it but I did see Demus patrolling the sideline keenly with an SLR.

Most (all?) of Sheffield's goals had come from extra man at that stage as Durham were taking quite a few penalties. Mike Armstrong was coming up with about 80% of face and was involved in all the goals.

Without having seen them play before I would say that Durham had a good few more gears in them and would start to move through them if they needed to.

That's the feeling I got when we played them in the QF. Sure, they beat us comfortably, but i think they would've had another 10-15 goals in them had they really pushed for it and kept their starting 10 on for more of the game.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Anyone know the final Durham - Sheffield score?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

dom#10

Postby dom#10 Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:39 pm

24-8 according to the English Lacrosse facebook page
Bristol Bombers #10
Bristol Uni #10
ex-Reading Wildcats #10
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Durham 24 - 8 Sheffield

Q1: 7-2
Q2: 5-4
Q3: 7-1
Q4: 6-1

Sheffield Hallam 7 - 5 Manchester

Q1: 2-0
Q2: 1-3
Q3: 2-0
Q4: 2-2
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:Without having seen them play before I would say that Durham had a good few more gears in them and would start to move through them if they needed to.
Image Image Image

3rd Quarter :

Durham went on a 7-0 run where they out shot Sheffield 17-0, winning 6/8 Face-offs (75%) before Sheffield scored in the last second of the quarter with their only shot of the Q.

2nd Quarter:
Sheffield University put their heart and soul into the second quarter where they fought for every GB, played solid team defence and matched Durham for speed. #18 Mike Armstrong won 8/10 face-offs (80%) and had 4 assists in a magnificent individual performance but still lost the quarter 5-4

My opinion hasn't changed having viewed Durham for the second time, that they are the best Club Lacrosse team in the Country.

Congratulations to Durham for making the Final

Congratulations to Sheffield University making the semi-final and giving Durham their toughest game of the season by far.
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

They are not a club team

And it is a shame but they will probably never prove it as they opted not to enter the nemla league which appeared to be restructured to allow them a quicker route in. (at the determent of most clubs)

So the best league in the country Nemla 1 top team Stockport

Best cup comp northern flags Mersey, cheadle or Sheffield uni (nemla side best of Hallam and uni)

Durham good as they are big fish small pond (the pond may be getting bigger but it is still full of small fish)
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 am

NEMLA Meeting September, 2010 - Minutes - Fixture Secretary's Report - 'Contrary to expectations, Durham had not entered the league this season. They had not budgeted for the travelling expenses they would incur under the new league structure, and did not have the funds they would need.'
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
sheffyank

Postby sheffyank Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:04 am

UKLacrosse wrote:NEMLA Meeting September, 2010 - Minutes - Fixture Secretary's Report - 'Contrary to expectations, Durham had not entered the league this season. They had not budgeted for the travelling expenses they would incur under the new league structure, and did not have the funds they would need.'

Auction off an American to a club in need.

Sorted.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 pm

the pom wrote:They are not a club team

err actually yes they are a club team, just as SUMLC will be celebrating their 50th anniversary as a Lacrosse CLUB, Durham University are a Lacrosse Club.

They are not a County Team or a National Team.

the pom wrote:So the best league in the country Nemla 1 top team Stockport

Nice try, so what you're really saying is because you beat Stockport in the Flags, YOU are on the best team in the Country. :?

the pom wrote:Durham good as they are big fish small pond (the pond may be getting bigger but it is still full of small fish)

It's a shame you haven't seen them play because if you ask anyone that has seen them play (ask D-Mac) most would say they are clearly playing lacrosse at a higher level than any other club.
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:43 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:
the pom wrote:They are not a club team

err actually yes they are a club team, just as SUMLC will be celebrating their 50th anniversary as a Lacrosse CLUB, Durham University are a Lacrosse Club.

They are not a County Team or a National Team.
the pom wrote:So the best league in the country Nemla 1 top team Stockport

Nice try, so what you're really saying is because you beat Stockport in the Flags, YOU are on the best team in the Country. :?
the pom wrote:Durham good as they are big fish small pond (the pond may be getting bigger but it is still full of small fish)

It's a shame you haven't seen them play because if you ask anyone that has seen them play (ask D-Mac) most would say they are clearly playing lacrosse at a higher level than any other club.

no they are a university club
i am sure it is durham university not durham club hence it having the academic bit to it
also sheffield is a club team at week ends they are split in to the two uni teams in mid week

No they are not is the BUCs league a higher standard than Nemla 1 No they may be able to play at a higher standard but they are not due the leauge they are in

again what i said was stockport play in the best league and are top it is unlikeley stockport will loes this crown as heaton mersey are more than one game down and it is unlikley any one else will take points off them

"The person who said winning isn't everything, never won anything in his life. The only thing at question should be by what means did you win."

we won by playing low standard teams take the edge of it really

Return to “UK Uni”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register