ProLaxShop

All Teams MUST Forfit

Moderator: ELA Staff

Gord Canadian

All Teams MUST Forfit

Postby Gord Canadian Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Letter to the 2010 FIL World Championships Officer's.
Sirs
With regard to the outrages treatment of the Iroquois Nationals by the British government.
I would hope sir, that the English team, and the officials of this league, and the remaining participants would have enough moral courage to agree to forfit every game that is scheduled with the Iroquois Nationals.
I would hope to see an announcment that the Iroquois Nationals could not forfit because the British team claims the right to forfit first.
This travisty is beyond the what any code of good conduct and sportsmanship would dictate.
By taking this win over the Iroquois Nationals, England has stained and cheapened herself in a most disgraceful way.
I would think the dignity of the team, the country, and the sport sir, would deserve more.
Thank You
Gordon a Canadian
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Re: All Teams MUST Forfit

Postby rpowell Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Gord Canadian wrote: I would hope to see an announcment that the Iroquois Nationals could not forfit because the British team claims the

No forfeit was required.

Germany have replaced Iroquois in the Blue division.

In the end, this was pretty much the best decision possible. Some other teams in the Blue division might have been adversely affected by England getting a forfeited win over the Iroquois, and then having to really play the Iroquois themselves.
Gord Canadian

Postby Gord Canadian Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm

It is good to find out that the schedule has been changed. Thank you for the information.
I guess now we will have to wait for England to write another treaty with the Iroquois people and send it across the great water.
If the British government cant get it's finger out of it, and get some traction on this immeadiatly, they will owe an apology not only to the Iroquois team, but to the Iroquois people, the people of the six nations and the people of Canada. I have never seen anything more foolish in international sport than this issue.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:02 am

Gord Canadian wrote:It is good to find out that the schedule has been changed. Thank you for the information.
I guess now we will have to wait for England to write another treaty with the Iroquois people and send it across the great water.
If the British government cant get it's finger out of it, and get some traction on this immeadiatly, they will owe an apology not only to the Iroquois team, but to the Iroquois people, the people of the six nations and the people of Canada. I have never seen anything more foolish in international sport than this issue.

Gord, welcome to the Forum

you are preaching to the choir

At the Opening Ceremony this evening, the biggest cheer of tonight went up when the three representative of the Iroquois National who were present entered the Stadium, they got a standing ovation from everyone in the stands for the duration of their half lap until they joined up with all the other teams who had already entered the stadium.

All the players from the competing teams joined in with the support of the Iroquois Group.

Everybody at the games wants them to be here to play.

we have zero influence over the govt or British Consulate

I didn't even vote for this current mob, lacrosse simply isn't on the radar as far as UK Govt is concerned.

There have been petitions and the UK lacrosse community have been phoning and writing to their MPs but unfortunately this is small cheese compared to the support and lobbying that took place in the USA to get Secretary of State Hilary Clinton to issue a "one time only" waiver.

Personally I wish the Iroquois would travel under duress or under protest on US and Canadian Passports on the condition that this situation is never repeated and the Haudenosaunee Passports must be recognised by any Country bidding to host a Lacrosse World Championship.

We want the Iroquois Nationals here to honour the creators of the game and to play against on the field not in the courts or in the press.
Gord Canadian

Postby Gord Canadian Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 am

Thanks for the response. I have no doubt of the integrity of you or the people involved in this. I know the sport does not have the reconition it deserves.
Sadly you and I can only wait for this foolishness to end.

"We want the Iroquois Nationals here to honour the creators of the game and to play against on the field not in the courts or in the press."

I could not agree more. Thanks for the encouraging words about the opening ceremony. And good luck to you and your team.
Gordon
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 am

If the Iroquois Nationals make it here in time to play Hong Kong at 6pm on Saturday

They can still make the semi-final even though they would have of conceded to Spain

Iroquois vs Spain tomorrow 12:00 Friday 16th July
Iroquois vs Hong Kong 18:00 Saturday 17th July
Iroquois vs Norway 15:00 Sunday 18th July

they could earn Best runner-up in Groups (B1) in which case they would play winner of Plum Group (Spain on form)

Unfortunately it would mean running up the score vs Hong Kong & Norway

It is still possible for them to have a chance to win it all

I just want them to arrive and play their game
Gord Canadian

Postby Gord Canadian Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm

With regard to my rant of yesterday.
Upon further investigation and review I have learned some startling facts.
Given the primitive means Britain has of tracking a Canadian lacrosse team after it enters the country security concerns are very high.
The members of the team could, after arrival at Heathrow, just, vanish into the wind, and set up lacrosse sleeper cells across the nation.
Rouge lacrosse tournaments could break out at any time, any where in the country!
This, and I am not sure if there is a connection, could have something to do with the fact that a major circus in England just happened to lay off its entire clown department, at the same time the immigration department was hiring.

For further info
http://www.680news.com/news/national/ar ... eda-report

To the government of England:
You people are lucky The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are on holiday.
They would have a field day with this.

To the people of England, you know we love you guys. Hope you do good.

Return to “FIL World Championships”