Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLaxfan

Team USA lose 19-13

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:44 pm

lacrossechick214

head gear

Postby lacrossechick214 Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:33 pm

Well what do u except wearing those eye protection!!! I have a friend from US who plays in one!! and they are the worlds most uncomfortable thing!!! I dont see how people can play in it! It would help if you have been hit in the face before! but still!!! Really hope thats one thing that DOESNT come into the rules. You have to wear eye protections! take the fun out of it!!
UKLaxfan

Googles

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:36 am

They're not very flattering either, they were made compulsory in the NCAA in USA mainly for $$$'s.

1) To make lax manufacturers lots of $$$s as if all colleges have to use them, then all High schools have to use them to get ready for college ball.
2) To save Colleges or player's $$$s from being sued by some injured played who is hit by ball or stick.

Funnily enough it actually makes NCAA games more violent as players feel more confident charging through stick checks or taking a shot through shooting space.

I don't believe the IFWLA will make them compulsory as
1) It will deter development of games as increases costs for beginners
2) Australia would stop competing in the World Cup if they brought it in because they believe it ruins the games.

For safe play the rules need to be enforced by umpires with yellow and red cards. Most of the attack players in the World Cup were covered in bruises on upper arms from frequent stick checks to the body, because regular offenders weren't punished with cards, opposed to free positions or 11m shots.

Return to “Other Womens”