Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
robbo

Medal Match Results

Postby robbo Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 pm

Bronze Playoff:
Scotland 15-7 Ireland

Gold / Silver
Wales 11-4 England

Well done to the English girls for exceeding all expectations, and congrats to the Welsh on retaining their title!
snooplax

Postby snooplax Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:52 am

Welsh ladies were on top form. Last night men and women had a meal together and what a nice bunch they were. Hope we can continue the bond with the Welsh set up, maybe a Welsh Lacrosse Dinner where we can all get to know each other a little better.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:00 pm

snooplax wrote:Welsh ladies were on top form. Last night men and women had a meal together and what a nice bunch they were. Hope we can continue the bond with the Welsh set up, maybe a Welsh Lacrosse Dinner where we can all get to know each other a little better.

The Welsh Women's team are a top bunch, Congratulations to the European Champions!

Don't get into a dance off with them though they will destroy you, they had a week long winter dance camp not so long ago... be warned Cha-cha-cha. :D
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:47 am

bronze game was an ok game....not as exciting as eng v scot, but ok to watch. Scots were the better team, far more tempo and more to their game. The irish keeper did make a number of saves and the score could have been much more. Scots moves got them loads of free positions. The had far more possession and out-ran the irish in midfield. Ireland relied on their ex maryland player who scored some imprssive goals!

Gold game....wales were the better team, eng gave a good fight but did give the ball away a number of times around the fan and passes were picked off by the keepers. Wales tried and tested moves worked as they have been doing all tournie. The eng team prob played their best game against the scots and just werent the same in this match.

the young eng team did very well and some face to watch out for in the future....congrats to wales, they came to win and they did!!
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
Chandler

Postby Chandler Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Woo nice one wales!!! Dont think they were really massively tested out there tho!
And you thought sheep were only good for one thing?!!
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Chandler wrote:Woo nice one wales!!! Dont think they were really massively tested out there tho!

i think at points during games they were, such as going down 0-2 to scotland at the start of that game...but they had the ability and drive to weather the storm, fight back and win the game
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.

Return to “Other Womens”