Postby robbo Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 am

England 11-9 Scotland

England are through to final!
chippie

Postby chippie Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:32 am

robbo wrote:England 11-9 Scotland

England are through to final!

yep!!

a good game...started watching at end of 1st half....

eng were up 10-6 during the 2nd half and scots fought hard to get it to 10-9 but couldnt get possession for a while and when they did could not finish the shots....sally ward made some good saves to keep eng in the lead.

a very good performance by this young eng team.....final will be interesting as they now get a day of rest instead of playing the morning after landing

scot now play ireland in the bronze match...should be a good match but overall i think scotland have more depth in the team
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
mustangsal13

Postby mustangsal13 Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 pm

"sally ward made some good saves to keep eng in the lead" Ill pay you later dave!
Chandler

Postby Chandler Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Wales beat germany 17-3....

Go wales in the final...
And you thought sheep were only good for one thing?!!
roadrunner

Postby roadrunner Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 am

Wales and England will be an interesting game tomorrow.

After all the comments made about this young development England team that has been playing, I think it should be noted that they have done a fantastic job. So many people have commented on their superb performances which have improved with every game that they have player.

Yes they are young and it may be deemed "controversial" that England did not take their world cup squad, but their "development" team beat the Scottish world cup squad 11-9 and I think they shoudl all be conmmended for this. They know all what has been said about them and they have had to deal with that as well as the pressure of competing as well! Their mental toughness has had to stand up to so much.

Wales have looked strong throughout this tournament and the initial score against Wales England was 12-3. It was a convincing score line, but the England girls played very well. This time, they have adjusted to the time change (abeit 2 hours), they have not just got straight off a plane and they will have played together for more than 2 training sessions. I am not saying they will storm this match and I am not even saying they are garunteed a gold. What I am saying is that the match will be a good game and I hope they win for themselves and to answer a few of the comments that have been made about them.

I wish the Welsh luck. they have played well - Kari, Ros, both goalies, etc. But, I hope my girls do England proud.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:14 pm

roadrunner wrote:Wales and England will be an interesting game tomorrow.

After all the comments made about this young development England team that has been playing, I think it should be noted that they have done a fantastic job. So many people have commented on their superb performances which have improved with every game that they have player.

Yes they are young and it may be deemed "controversial" that England did not take their world cup squad, but their "development" team beat the Scottish world cup squad 11-9 and I think they shoudl all be conmmended for this. They know all what has been said about them and they have had to deal with that as well as the pressure of competing as well! Their mental toughness has had to stand up to so much.

Wales have looked strong throughout this tournament and the initial score against Wales England was 12-3. It was a convincing score line, but the England girls played very well. This time, they have adjusted to the time change (abeit 2 hours), they have not just got straight off a plane and they will have played together for more than 2 training sessions. I am not saying they will storm this match and I am not even saying they are garunteed a gold. What I am saying is that the match will be a good game and I hope they win for themselves and to answer a few of the comments that have been made about them.

I wish the Welsh luck. they have played well - Kari, Ros, both goalies, etc. But, I hope my girls do England proud.

I don't think anyone has anything but admiration for the girls who are playing for the England team, they have performed well and deserve to be in the final.

It's not their fault England management decided to send a 3rd team.
roadrunner

Postby roadrunner Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:24 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:
roadrunner wrote:Wales and England will be an interesting game tomorrow.

I don't think anyone has anything but admiration for the girls who are playing for the England team, they have performed well and deserve to be in the final.

It's not their fault England management decided to send a 3rd team.

the girls will appreciate that and i will pass it on as they are getting caught in the cross fire of people's opinions of the management and do not hear such positive comments. you are right, they do deserve it and they have stepped up in every game. would just be nice if more people commented on their play instead of the head coach's decisions.

Alex Nicholls has done a superb job with this group of girls btw!! you're a legend alex!
Fish

Postby Fish Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:48 pm

GOOD LUCK WALES!!!

:lol:
Livlax

Postby Livlax Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:55 am

Welsh girls were excellent today, came from 2 down early in game. Gill had some great saves in the second half.
Think Jay Jones in his Borat mankini put Scots off.
Pics to follow!

i thank you!!!

Return to “Other Womens”