World Cup

Play womens? This is the place for womens discussion

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
chippie

World Cup

Postby chippie Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Thought i would post as its really not that far away...

official website: http://www.2013worldlacrosse.com/
follow england on the english lacrosse website: http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/2013worldlacrosse/

preview newsletter 1: http://englishlacrosseassociation.co.uk ... -4/sv.aspx
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
chippie

Re: World Cup

Postby chippie Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm

Team England Women's Lacrosse: One Minute
http://tv.englishlacrosse.co.uk/#.UctLZrjzTkA.twitter

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 pm

So apparently this all starts tomorrow... :)

I'll be out there watching at the end of the week, but sadly miss the first two days. So what do we have on Thursday? Well for the Home Nations, in chronological order...

Wales face a "challenging" first match against last tournament's finalists, Australia.

Scotland take on Holland (OK, the Netherlands then). When they met in the European Championships Quarter-Final Scotland won 17-5. Is the future bright..? Is it Orange..?

And England are in the last match of the day, taking on the current World Champions USA.

Game of the day? Well, if I were out there, I would have liked to see at least part of New Zealand v Finland... it's the Finn's first Worlds, so where do they lie in the hierarchy? Only one way to find out...
Pikachu

Postby Pikachu Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:52 am

The results are coming in on twitter in dribs and drabs but being summarised at: http://www.2013worldlacrosse.com/results.html

Generally disappointed by the lack of updates/coverage, it would be nice to get highlights of each match or a game summary at least.

Some quite impressive scores already, especially considering the form of some of the squads out at EC12. Japan have made a very impressive start.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 am

Website updating is improving... worth checking on the WC Facebook page as well:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/2013-Wom ... ion=stream

A couple of unbeaten record will go on Tuesday, when USA play Canada, and Japan play Israel. The safe money is on USA, and I reckon Japan will win too.

Not quite sure how they rank the teams after that - nothing on the tournament or FIL website.
Longwood

Postby Longwood Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks for posting!
Ago ergo sum
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:57 pm

info from the organisation is slow...getting better each day as they are realising what they need to do...

all englands info on twitter/facebook and match reports and highlights on english lacrosse website (lacrosseTV)

also daily reports/pics which include the home nations and some of the bigger games...
highlights video coming soon for home nation games...on english lacrosse website

Longwood

Postby Longwood Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 am

Allright!
Ago ergo sum
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:29 am

Round robin matches are over... tomorrow England have a bye; Scotland face New Zealand (for the 2nd time in three days...); and Wales take on Austria.

The way the draw works out, England will play the winner of Wales\Austria in a quarter-final; if Scotland get past New Zealand, they would be up against Canada in another quarter-final.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:37 am

rpowell wrote:Round robin matches are over... tomorrow England have a bye; Scotland face New Zealand (for the 2nd time in three days...); and Wales take on Austria.

Slight correction - the announced draw was screwed up a bit, and they had to re-do parts of it at a coaches meeting late on Tuesday. Scotland play Japan instead.
chippie

Postby chippie Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:51 pm

interesting thats it all changed...
Israel would have had to face Japan again according the schedule they originally put out.....

now scotland face japan!

rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Wow, what a match - Scotland beat Japan..!

The winning goal came with 4 seconds left on the clock after being 2 goals down just a couple of minutes to go. A patch of cooling & refreshing rain swept in (clearly Scottish...), and they scored the next 3 on the trot, for their first win against Japan at Senior World Cup for a dozen years. Next up for the Scots is Australia at 8pm tomorrow.

England play Wales at 3pm.

- all the above subject to the organisers changing the draw at short notice, again ;)
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:30 am

We saw another Scotland thriller today - beating Israel in overtime. The match had to go indoors (yes, they have a full-sized field-lacrosse pitch under a roof here) for the last 3 seconds of the O/T #1, and the 3 minutes of the 2nd period of O/T. Final score 9-7. Tomorrow they play Wales for 5th/6th place.

Wales' match was pretty much as exciting - won by a single goal against Haudenosaunee. The lead switched hands a couple of times in the final couple of minutes.

England face Australia in the battle for 3rd/4th.
Stu76

Postby Stu76 Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am

I heard about that game, Scotland are looking on form right now.

Return to “Womens”