All other men's leagues and teams including Europe and the USA

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
rabbi

BNC 2008 results and chat

Postby rabbi Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 am

Hey guys,
Just thought I'd post some of the results from the BNC, if anyone has Sunday's scores that would be cool.

Group A
Lancashire 6 v Eng Unis South 1
Scotland 6 v Wales U19 2
Wales U19 3 v Lancashire 4
Scotland 5 v Eng Unis South 0
Eng Unis South 1 v Wales U19 5
Lancashire 4 v Scotland 5

Group B
Eng Unis North 4 v Scotland u19 1
Cheshire 6 v Wales 2
Cheshire 9 v Scotland U19 0
Wales 2 v Eng Unis North 4
Eng Unis North 1 v Cheshire 4
Scotland U19 0 v Wales 6

Group C
Yorkshire 3 v South 3
England U19 9 v Scottish Unis 0
Yorkshire 11 v Scottish Unis 1
South 4 v England U19 4
England U19 3 v Yorkshire 2
Scottish Unis 1 v South 8

Inter-divisional games (Saturday)
Wales U19 10 v Scottish Unis 1
Yorkshire 2 v Scotland U19 6
Wales 7 v Eng Unis South 0
Scotland 6 v South 7
Cheshire 3 v Lancashire 1
England U19 4 v Eng Unis North 3

Because I was playing I only caught some of the U19s and Uni's games, so what was the chat? Who looked good / played well / made comedy boo boos?
Momo

Postby Momo Mon May 05, 2008 9:30 pm

I can only really speak for what I saw, which was alot for u19's i guess, and a little for other teams...

Scotland Seniors defence looks fairly solid most of the time, u poles worked hard.

As for u19's, we need to definitely suffered from lack of friendly matches/practices together, although kudos to players like bob stewart and timo who both had almost flawless weekends in my opinion
Yeti19

Postby Yeti19 Tue May 06, 2008 10:25 pm

YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING LONG POLE RABI YOU STUBBORN GIT!

And you are going to hear that from me everytime i speak to you until you realise that it is all about the long pole! :lol:

Anyways onto the lacrosse, it was my first experience of the nationals from a spectators point of view and i think i annoyed a few of the stirling lads by grabbing myself a midday beer both days. Was impressed with the tournament and there was some phenomenal lacrosse. The scots put in a good showing as well if you are honest, the full scotland team was as inexperienced as i have seen it and came a respectable 4th, u19s came 7th (if that is wrong blame momo) and unis came last, again :cry:

Highlight of the weekend for me was the sheer volume of scots down, and more importantly the number of these guys that have been playing less than 2 years and come on leaps and bounds over that time..... awesome. A great experience for them as well, and a laugh at the same time. Other highlight, stoddy taking after his old man and taking 3 mins against scotland which basically cost them a shot at the championship..... can only raise a smile :D

Cheshire unsurprisingly were the best team in the tournament.... by a county mile and played some good stuff, but there were sublime bits of skill from every team and it certainly beats watching stirling beat aberdeen 2-1 after 80 mins of play!!!

I will be back next year, hopefully with a stick in my hand on the field rather than a beer in my hand off it.... but either would be great. Next stop the edinburgh tournament, will be putting a team together to rival any team out there*

* at drinking
Momo

Postby Momo Wed May 07, 2008 11:36 pm

hehe :D, i cant wait for the edinburgh tournament, should be a goody. Hopefully i'll get a team somewhere
rabbi

Postby rabbi Mon May 12, 2008 10:41 pm

Haha, the long pole v short pole debate is an interesting one. Could be an interesting thread in general, not just about me.

I really enjoy getting involved at both ends of the pitch, playing short stick middie I get to do that. Also you know how frustrating it is to play long pole, hold the opposition to 3 goals and still end up on the losing side. Or when you've just turned the ball over and for the tenth consecutive time the middie you gave it to ran straight in to trouble and you're back under pressure again.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing pole, it's an art and it's great to watch a great pole play. BUT. I think a good two way middie can do more to influence a game than an equally good long pole or attack man. What does anyone else think? What is the most influential outfield position in lacrosse (goalies are special, obviously:-)?
cheekylaxstuff

Postby cheekylaxstuff Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Hey sorry for interrupting

Looking for Alex from Glasgow ??

Sorry edited post as soon as read it , it is re a lacrosse question
He spoke to CJ at nationals re some equipment I have
Jewellery,Wooden Shafts,Lacrosse Antiques,Lax Art * Random kit
Dave@Reading

Postby Dave@Reading Sun May 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Edinburgh tournament! I'd love to get a team up to that. When is it, if too late for this year i'd deffo be up for taking a team next year

Dave
Playing again
AMott
League Mod
League Mod

Postby AMott Tue May 20, 2008 4:33 pm

There is no Alex at Glasgow, I can only assume you are talking about me, Alasdair. What is it your selling :D
Momo

Postby Momo Tue May 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Dave, I'm pretty sure you can still register if you called Olli!

Gimme a PM and ill forward on his number :)

Return to “Other Men's”