LSM - Greg Wojtech (Ger) ?
M - Dan Kallaugher (Eng)
M -
M -
A - Matt Beadle (Eng)
A - Ryan Pettit (Eng)
A - Joe Russell (Ger - MVP

This should have gone with the European teams stuff,
Last edited by Waggy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UKLaxfan

Re: 2001 team

Postby UKLaxfan Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:03 am

Waggy wrote:2001 (Cardiff)
GK - Paul Terry (Eng)
D - John Beadle (Eng)
D - Richard Gartside (Wales)
D -
LSM - Greg Wojtech (Ger) ?
M - Dan Kallaugher (Eng)
M -
M -
A - Matt Beadle (Eng)
A - Ryan Pettit (Eng)
A - Joe Russell (Ger - MVP

Best Goalie - Paul Terry (Purley/England)
Best Defender - Greg Wojtech (USA/Germany/UMBC)
Best Middie -
Best Attack - Joe Russell (USA/Germany/Syracuse)

Dan Kallaugher - (USA/England/Yale/Loyola) was 17yrs old at this tourney and went 24/24 at Face-off in one game but didn't make 2002 England squad, tremendous Face-off player and midfield player.

Ryan Petit - (USA/England/Sacred Heart) was a freshmen in college, superb Change of Direction and excellent attackman, scored 7 goals in opener, played Germany and had three ribs broken in an off the ball incident, he needed oxygen on the sideline to be able to breath otherwise it could have been serious fortunately St John Ambulance were there on side of pitch thanks to great organsation by the hosts Penarth LC & the Schumacks.

Joe Russell - (USA/Germany/Syracuse) was the number 4 attackman on the 2000 NCAA Div I Champions behind Mike Powell, Mike Springer & Brian Nee, he was an unbelievable attack player, dodging, feeding, cutting & shooting, it was an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

At half-time England were 8-7 up in the Final not many German players saw the field in the 2nd half and Final score was 16-8 Germany.

NOTE: This was NOT the Official England Team as they had decided they couldn't compete because they would be going to Australia Worlds in 2002.

Trevor Rogers stepped up to manage an Unofficial England team selected from those who wanted to play which was mainly SEMLA based but had a number a NEMLA players on plus 2 US based players (Ryan & Dan)

The hospitality and organisation of the Tournament was excellent including opening parade through Cardiff following a New Orleans style Jazz Band and a civic reception at Town Hall. All the teams stayed on campus at halls of residence which lead to a very social tourney, the Czech boys were Top, and we turned the Local University Bar/Diner in a Lacrosse Bar for the week (posters + Game DVDs on big screen), hopefully all those who attended enjoyed the experience... I did :D
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Cheers Dave - I presume as Coach of the England team you could also fill in the gaps in the 2001 squad below...? I seem to be missing 4 or 5 longsticks, 2 or 3 middies and a couple of attackmen

G - Paul Terry (Purley), Chris Wells (Poynton)
D - Andy Booth (Purley), John Beadle C.Hulme)
M - Mike Barrett (Purley), Paul Flowers, Steve Shanahan (both Cheadle), Anthony Edwards, Will Kent, Jeff Kettlewell (all Hulmeians), Dan Kallaugher (?)
A - Matt Beadle (C.Hulme), Ryan Pettit (Sacred Heart), Steve Green (Oldham)
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Tom Seniveratne (Sheffield Uni at the time) was also involved. I think middie.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team

Return to “Other Men's”