ProLaxShop

New GB Council Ruling

Auto posted news from other sites

Moderators: Moderators, ELA Staff

Feed reader

New GB Council Ruling

Postby Feed reader Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 pm

ELA News

GB Council Ruling relating to the transfer of Centex players to other countries... continue reading.
dmiddie

Re: New GB Council Ruling

Postby dmiddie Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Interesting, but what is the legal standing on this?
Will this apply eventually to the boy's academies as well? If not there's the possible question of discrimination?
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Zero legal standing, to the best of my knowledge.

I don't expect application to academies - the GB Council is a women's construct, no equivalent in the men's game.
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 am

i can understand why have sort of ruling on player transfers between countries....
but at junior level to give notice and then wait 9/6 months.... :?
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
wildcat

Postby wildcat Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:23 pm

If i have read correctly:
If a young girl wants to move away from England for whatever reason to Wales or Scotland, she requires to give notice and spends a number of months not playing. Are England spotting trends and worried about something?
It doesn't seem to make clear if the same is true for a Wales or Scotland player wanting to go the other way.
I wonder if there is any ruling on england approaching members of wales or scotland junior squads and inviting them to england training?
dmiddie

Postby dmiddie Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Firstly, who and what is the GB Council?
Can anyone unearth anything within the ELA Constitution that indicates what it is, and what its role and terms of reference are? Equally, does anyone in Lacrosse Scotland or Wales Lacrosse know where this council fits into their constitutions. Obviously, representatives from England, Wales and Scotland must be part of the GB Council, so how can a policy be agreed without additional approval by the representative bodies? What legitimacy does this policy have?

This ruling can affect development of junior talent, and appears to be very specific in its application i.e. applies to Centex, the ELA run development programme, but with no reciprocal agreement. Its also specific to the ELA female development programme and not to the male academies.

Many will sympathise with whatever arguments led to this policy/ ruling, but there appears to be some serious flaws in how it has been discussed, agreed and now applied.
rpowell
League Mod
League Mod

Postby rpowell Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Some good questions.

The GB Council certainly isn't mentioned in the Lacrosse Scotland memorandum of association, but nor is the European Lacrosse Federation or the Federation of International Lacrosse. If the GB Council is not directly referenced in the ELA or WLA constitution, affiliation will probably be covered by a general clause saying "we'll join stuff we need to join, as and when it is appropriate".

My understanding is that the GB Council is a vehicle to co-ordinate supranational womens lacrosse issues between England, Scotland & Wales. The most obvious outputs are the arrangement of the annual Junior, U21 and Senior Home Internationals.

My understanding is that at least one nation has not agreed to this ruling, and does not consider itself burdened with any requirement to change its existing selection policies as a result of this suggestion. But I'll see if I can dig up some more detail...

Return to “News Feed”