Any and all tournaments, talk about them in here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
bexlax

Tournament Costs

Postby bexlax Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi,

Just putting it out there, but if we were to organise a charity 8's tournament for men's & women's teams in Aberdeen what would people consider an appropriate entry fee? Obviously looking to make as much money as possible for charity so would be hoping to keep all our costs etc down, but where on a scale of £140-£280 would be about right?

£140 would be £10 per head (assuming squad of 14) for 10 games/5 hours of play. £280 would be £20 per head for 10 games/5 hours of play. Rough calculations suggests we have a limit of 16 teams initially i.e. 8 men's & 8 women's.

I also know there's travel and accommodation costs associated with coming to Aberdeen, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bex
Aberdeen Lacrosse Club
Development Officer
http://www.aberdeenlacrosse.co.uk

Lacrosse Scotland
Regional Development Officer - Grampian
http://www.lacrossescotland.com
chippie

Re: Tournament Costs

Postby chippie Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:26 am

are you looking at teams from all over the UK?

for an 8 a side competition those are quite high costs, especially if you include travel

also 5 hours of play...how long are the games?

just as a rough indication, the last 8's competition for womens was held at Warwick and i think it was £25 per team
stockport 8's are mens and womens and i think its £75 and bath 8's which is mens i think is £100

These are more set tournaments and therefore have more draw than a new tournament in Aberdeen

Thanks
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
bexlax

Re: Tournament Costs

Postby bexlax Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for the response - I was thinking it was a little on the high side. Just want to make sure it's worthwhile from the charities perspective.

Provisional thinking suggests matches would be 30 minutes. Am working on having 4 pitches ie two men's & two women's.

Any input appreciated as we haven't yet made it to any of the 8s tournaments down south.

Thanks

Return to “Tournaments”