Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
le grand papa

European Club Championship 2011

Postby le grand papa Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:40 am

Recently issued from ELF HQ:

European Club Championship 2011

As announced at the AGM of the European Lacrosse Federation, we are delighted that the Ken Galluccio Champions League Cup is scheduled for the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of October 2011.
The venue is Hamburg and the event is being hosted by the Hamburg Warriors and the point of contact is "Mathew Medjeral" medjeral@hamburgwarriors.com and "Meike Henningsen" meikehe@hotmail.com
Men’s League secretaries, or organisers who may wish to compete in Hamburg, please contact the organisers with an indication as to your intention to provide a team to participate.
Further details as to costs will follow in due course

The women’s Champions League Cup is to be held in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, on September 10-11.
The team fee is, just like last year, EUR 1.000 per team (regardless of team size). Fee covers the field cost (incl. qualified bench personnel), game statistics, medical service at the field, transport from and to Chur.
This event is being organised by Bohdan Fuka of PRAGUE SPORTS Tel: (+420) 739 634 052
EMAIL: bohdan.fuka@prgsports.com WWW: http://www.prgsports.com
Women’s league secretaries, or organisers who may wish to compete in Lenzerheide, please contact the organisers with an indication as to your intention to provide a team to participate.

Would all member countries please note that these events are for the League Champions from member countries. It is NOT an event where National teams may be entered.

le grand papa
Luddites of the world unite - again!
le grand papa

Re: European Club Championship 2011

Postby le grand papa Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 am

Deafened by the silence!!!!!!

Anybody know anything about this proposed ELF organised tournament?????

Apathy rules AGAIN

le grand papa
happylaxer

Postby happylaxer Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:26 am

Have been in touch with the organisers of the men's side a couple of times on behalf of the Blues and been promised full details by Friday...
Blues #55
Wales #15
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Stockport are checking out the viability of attending, but again waiting for more info.
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Word from the top of Olympus is that if Clubs don't step up for this, the ELA Management committee will kit up and get to Hamburg sharpish. After all, they have the necessary expertise and time hanging heavy on their hands.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 pm

davewilliams wrote:Word from the top of Olympus is that if Clubs don't step up for this, the ELA Management committee will kit up and get to Hamburg sharpish. After all, they have the necessary expertise and time hanging heavy on their hands.

post of the week
Two Up!
le grand papa

Postby le grand papa Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:45 pm

& there was me naively thinking that this tournament was the pinnacle of prestige in a club's performance only open to the best of the best & something to strive for as a real club objective. That was Ken Galluccio's vision when he conceived the tournament & the ELF agreed to promote it.

Those teams & clubs that comply DEMAND the information from the organisers & have an amazing weekend in Hamburg. I did with Wilmslow in 2008 & thoroughly recommend the experience to all that qualify.

Don't let this tournament whither on the vine - it's your tournament at the end of the day.

le grand papa
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Stockport have entered and been accepted, and I have heard Blues are doing the same.

I don't think there was any lack of enthusiasm to take part in the event, it was simply the practicality of doing so. Cheapest flights are around £140 each from Manchester, then there is accommodation for 3 nights say £100, then beer money say £1500, its a lot for players to find. The entry fee of 850 Euro is pretty steep as well, though the ELA are subsidising the expenses for up to £1000 in total for the club(s) that enter.
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Moaning Git wrote:Stockport have entered and been accepted, and I have heard Blues are doing the same.

I don't think there was any lack of enthusiasm to take part in the event, it was simply the practicality of doing so. Cheapest flights are around £140 each from Manchester, then there is accommodation for 3 nights say £100, then beer money say £1500, its a lot for players to find. The entry fee of 850 Euro is pretty steep as well, though the ELA are subsidising the expenses for up to £1000 in total for the club(s) that enter.

Bring back the prize and represent North of England (NEMLA)

Good Luck Stockport - Kick Euro butt

never thought I say those 3 words
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Lol, I am sure they will try!
le grand papa

Postby le grand papa Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:40 am

Good luck to all teams & have a toast to Goochy when in Hamburg

le grand papa
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 am

How much did Wilmslow charge when they hosted it?

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
davewilliams

Postby davewilliams Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Moaning Git wrote:then beer money say £1500 (per player?), its a lot for players to find.

Good news MG. Pick your best tea-totallers and you may get help by asking for a whip-round.
Buckhurst Hill Cricket & Lacrosse Club
patrick.oleary1

Postby patrick.oleary1 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 am

University College Dublin (UCD) are all booked for the trip to Hamburg as champions of the Irish Lacrosse League.

Looking forward to it!
#14 Ireland Lacrosse, Dublin Bay Prawns, ILL Allstars
Fat bastard

Postby Fat bastard Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 am

hi dudes fresky are we....
This is what i found out so far about the tournement

Stockport (England)
Jizni Mesto (Czech Republic)
Farsta Lacrosse (Sweden)
Walcountian Blues (England)
University College of Dublin (Ireland)
Madrid Club de Lacrosse (Spain)

A couple of comments:
It is sad that a tournement idea like this and is sanctioned by the ELF not even is mentioned on there homepage.
And no e-mail to the clubs about the tournement as far as i know.

the host of the tournment needs a long time to prepare the tournement, not for the arrangements but to get a hold of all the teams and get them to participate in the tournement.
I think it will take a long time for clubs to feel that this is the tournament to win becuse this is not a party tournement.
this is all about the best team in europe it is about prestige.

a comment about the fee
yes it is a little steep
but it is covering fields, referees, busses, balls and medics and so on

i think they make a buck or two but they are putting a lot of effort in this.

cheers
le grand papa

Postby le grand papa Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 am

Latest info I have

Stockport have formally withdrawn as they could not afford the cost of competing & time was running out to get commitment from their players I believe.

NEMLA have invited Heaton Mersey as their reserve champions (ie runners up) to attend in Stockport's place.

ELA & NEMLA are paying the euro 850 entry fee.

Heaton Mersey LC are considering the implications but seem keen to attend.

Anyone know who else is committed to attending? 8 teams are the target but more could be accommodated if interest/commitment is there

The initial info (date & venue) on this tournament was published by ELF on 21 July. Champions knew they qualified when they won their respective national leagues.

How do you make this tournament work in the current structure so it is easier for qualifying clubs to commit to enter? Should this tournament always be a set weekend at a set EU venue so everybody knows the date & venue in good time for the team/club to plan attendance? Need to book flights & travel arrangements well in advance to get cheap prices.

Should each qualifying club take a referee to lower the officiating costs to the clubs? Official's flights, hotels & subsistence are major cost for the organisers.

How do we make this tournament the pinnacle of elite club lacrosse it needs to be?

le grand papa
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

SEMLA pays the refs at the Flags.

ELA pays the refs at the Iroquois Cup and Wilkinson Sword.

ELF pays the refs at the European Cup by charging it in their country affiliation fees.

BeeZee.
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:39 am

Fat b*****d wrote:A couple of comments:
It is sad that a tournement idea like this and is sanctioned by the ELF not even is mentioned on there homepage.
And no e-mail to the clubs about the tournement as far as i know.

the host of the tournment needs a long time to prepare the tournement, not for the arrangements but to get a hold of all the teams and get them to participate in the tournement.
I think it will take a long time for clubs to feel that this is the tournament to win becuse this is not a party tournement.
this is all about the best team in europe it is about prestige.
cheers

le grand papa wrote:The initial info (date & venue) on this tournament was published by ELF on 21 July. Champions knew they qualified when they won their respective national leagues.

How do you make this tournament work in the current structure so it is easier for qualifying clubs to commit to enter? Should this tournament always be a set weekend at a set EU venue so everybody knows the date & venue in good time for the team/club to plan attendance? Need to book flights & travel arrangements well in advance to get cheap prices.

The main problem has been one of communication. As the first point of contact for one of the clubs who qualify, I've received no emails or any details on this. You say the information was published on 21 July, but having missed this post on here, I didn't find out about the info. When we tried to chase up info (not me) i don't think the reply even contained the dates the tournament was held on. I'm not sure who is supposed to be circulating the details, whether it is the host club or the NGB's but this time it didn't work

I think the venue should change each year, but maybe announce the host club a year early so there's time to make the arrangements and pass on the info - they could know the dates that the leagues finish on and how to find out who's won the league.
ahhh ... the whit
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:58 am

Sensibly, whilst wishing The Blues every success, SEMLA has decided that its funds should be focused on development rather than an elite tournament so they will not be supplementing the Blues ELA grant.

There are a small and declining band of entrants. Even the German champions are not going! The basic problem lies with the ELF's egregious greed. Provision required for the referees is wholly inappropriate for a small tournament and has turned what should be an inclusive European event into an exclusive refereeing festival.

Pity.

BeeZee.
MAD

Postby MAD Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

Interesting Bee Zee

Could you explain further

Mad

Return to “Tournaments”