Bath 8s 2011

Any and all tournaments, talk about them in here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLacrosse

Re: Bath 8s 2011

Postby UKLacrosse Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Stuttgart was a touring team, which found its way to Bath via Belgium, London, Reading etc. For sure it was not the Stuttgart club team which finished second to Munich in the Bundesliga South. Their goalie (an American) looked pretty useful. They had a pretty easy ride to the play-offs racking up good scores against some weaker teams c.f. Mersey/ Stockport playing each other in the round-robin (3-2 Stockport), and again in the semi-final (6-2 to Mersey). Looked fairly random like last year, isn't lightening not meant to strike twice, or in this case four times? With the team Wilmslow had they would have expected to have done better but they had some close calls against weaker teams. Immediately after the semi against Stockport, Mersey had to take the field for the final. Jamie Gallagher let loose a blinder ... I've been corrected on that, it's only a blinder if it goes in .... in the dying seconds of normal time, only to hit the keeper. I doubt that he saw it, but he most certainly felt it. Dan Heighway hit the keeper on the left shoulder early in overtime ... again I doubt that the keeper saw that either. To my knowledge Mersey did not have an American playing on their team.
Last edited by UKLacrosse on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
VinceGrimes

Postby VinceGrimes Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Great tournament all around! Great venue, great lacrosse, and GREAT people! Here's a very simple vid I put together from the ol' iPhone from the day's events. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nhT26MfDg
ArchLevel Lacrosse Family Member
Loughborough University Men's Head Coach
South England Universities Head Coach
www.ArchLevelLacrosse.com
www.TheALFactory.com
www.TheArchLevelReport.com
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 am

VinceGrimes wrote:Great tournament all around! Great venue, great lacrosse, and GREAT people! Here's a very simple vid I put together from the ol' iPhone from the day's events. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nhT26MfDg

good work on the coverage :D
ewan

Postby ewan Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Stuttgart had 4 Americans - attack x 2, goalkeeper (who alternated with a German goalie every game and swapped halves in the semis and final) and one middy.
VinceGrimes

Postby VinceGrimes Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Getting a lot of hits on the video which is great to see. Having trouble with the Copyright rules though with the music. So as of now it is blocked in the US and Canada. Anyone know how to get around this? I knw there are a TON of vids out there on YouTube with music that people just added in and don't have "copyright permission". Cheers!
ArchLevel Lacrosse Family Member
Loughborough University Men's Head Coach
South England Universities Head Coach
www.ArchLevelLacrosse.com
www.TheALFactory.com
www.TheArchLevelReport.com
Steely Dan

Postby Steely Dan Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 am

I may be off the mark here but I think it could be because the opening track belongs to Disney, they are reknowned for enforcing copyright and I gather they're one of the main companies that worked with youtube to develop their scanning algorithms for copyrighted material - try changing that track and see if it makes any difference.

Or just re-upload with a new name and see if it gets flagged again?
Herts Comets Founder 04-08
Welwyn Warriors 04/05. 08 -->

Return to “Tournaments”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics