All discussion for womens lacrosse in the UK

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
kara3010

Lax teams in Oxfordshire?

Postby kara3010 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi,

Quite a few of us are looking for a team to play for in the Oxfordshire area - we probably even have enough to start a team. Does anyone know of any? Thanks.
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:42 pm

which part of oxfordshire....

there are no current teams apart from the school and uni teams!

get one started!!

your nearest clubs are gloucetser/reading/clubs in herts or birmingham
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
kara3010

Postby kara3010 Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:56 pm

We're really keen to start one but would need help knowing which league etc we can go in?! There lots of ladies as we all went to school in Oxford but I have mixed experience from Cardiff and think we may be able to run that too. Do you have any advice about how we'd go about it? I think there's definitely a gap in Oxfordshire that could be filled. Most of us live in the Abingdon/Oxford area. Thanks.
robbo

Postby robbo Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:07 pm

Your first thing to do is to work out definite numbers, and try to get a commitment from all concerned. Next on the agenda is goals / facilities. You might be able to get these as part of a package if you strike a deal to train at a lax playing school in their gym / astros. From there you need to be looking at joining a league - details can be found at www.southlacrosse.org.uk
chippie

Postby chippie Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:08 pm

Kara,

If you hurry you maybe able to enter the SW league, which is prob the best one for you anyway!!

If you set up a club in the area, you could also get players from st H&K as well as from ox and brookes uni, so potential of lots of players who would want to play extra games against other teams.

will pm you with contact for sw league...we have just set up a club in birmingham playing in the sw league
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
kara3010

Postby kara3010 Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:54 pm

thanks so much! we all went to st helens so am going to contact them about a pitch. Seem to have quite a few interested.
kara3010

Postby kara3010 Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:26 pm

I have now secured a venue for potential games on a Sunday. Waiting to hear back from the league. So if anyone would like to join us - PM me!
robbo

Postby robbo Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:20 pm

PM Wildcat - he coaches Oxford Uni, he may be able to send some players your way
Rachael

Postby Rachael Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi, I'm interested in playing lacrosse again in the Oxford area and wondered if you were still looking for players? I've only played occasionally since uni but would love to get back into it again.

Return to “UK Womens”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register