All discussion for womens lacrosse in the UK

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLaxfan

Re:

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:37 am

AlexNic wrote:Scotland just beat Wales.
Not sure of the score but was an exciting game to watch.

:?: :?: :?:

I thought Wales beat Scotland
http://www.lacrosseworldcup2009.com/ind ... ml?game=41
UKLaxfan

Ireland vs Japan

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am

close game 1st half and some confusion on the score as they had the teams mixed up for a while. 7-6 Japan

I didn't know Ireland was a Monarchy?
Ireland Coach to players at Halftime
"Pass the King Ball, you've got to shoot the King ball and King score!"

Also during 1st half, most inappropriate comment heard so far
"you've got the legs, you've got got the legs, spread your legs and get by her" :shock:
wildcat

Postby wildcat Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm

a good close game of lacrosse.

a couple of things sprung to mind whilst watching it
Japan continue to improve massively. Some real athletes, and great stickwork.
Somewhat of a shame for them to lose. I thought ever moreso after reading this article that a friend sent me:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/lacrosse/ny-spwlax1412873690jun13,0,7219390.story
why would a person even say that? I assume the FIL will change the women's ruling in line with men shortly so that fancying a game isnt the criteria for world cup play.

I hope the likes of previously all world team players (canada), and their collegiate players representing ireland, set foot on irish soil and develop the women's game there.
Ireland play Wales for 5th spot
Japan play Scotland for 7th.
AlexNic

Postby AlexNic Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:21 pm

I think i am the worst at reporting scores! just keeping it interesting.
UKLaxfan

Rain Delay

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm

USA 7 - 0 England after 8mins of 1st half

The game has now been delayed as lightning was seen, normally they wait to restart until 30 minutes after the last sighting.

England have been blasted off the field in first half so far there is 18:36 left in half but they need to regroup otherwise this could get ugly.

USA have put pressure on all over the field doubling the ball at every opportunity, England have gave up some unforced errors which the commentator put down to nerves.

On attack the USA have been clinical I'm not sure England have made a save yet but not the goalies fault all all the goals have been put ins from right in front of the crease.

Katie Rowan, Lindsey Munday, Kristen Kjellman, Sarah Bullard, Caroline Cryer have all scored for USA so they are spreading out the goals,

England looked almost shell shocked, this rain-delay could work in their favour... lets hope so :D

The official site is showing a Caption - "Storm Pause" - doesn't she play for Wales?
UKLaxfan

USA 20 - 3 England

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Semi-Final score:

USA 20 - 3 England

England were never in this game and had no answer to the full field pressure defence that the USA put them under

conversely the USA dominated in attack managing to find open cutters time after time scoring multiple assisted goals.

The game was over after halftime as a competition, England kept battling throughout and never gave up trying to put the USA clear under pressure at times in the 2nd half but to no avail.

USA move onto the Final

England will have to put this performance behind them and pick themselves up for the 3rd/4th Bronze Medal match

They will most likely be facing Canada who narrowly defeated England 10-9 in the round robin stage.

USA look favourites for GOLD after this display, their 1st half performance was clinical and gave England no chance.
Mr.Stanford

Re:

Postby Mr.Stanford Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 am

wildcat wrote:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/lacrosse/ny-spwlax1412873690jun13,0,7219390.story
why would a person even say that? I assume the FIL will change the women's ruling in line with men shortly so that fancying a game isnt the criteria for world cup play.

I hope the likes of previously all world team players (canada), and their collegiate players representing ireland, set foot on irish soil and develop the women's game there.
Ireland play Wales for 5th spot
Japan play Scotland for 7th.

I was just looking at the scores as i haven't been following and was going to ask how Ireland had done as well as they have. Stealing the men's recruiting tactics I see.

Some of the lines in that article are brilliant...

Krista Pellizzi was puzzled when her friend, Lauren Cohen, suggested she try out for the Irish national lacrosse team.

"I'm not even a little bit Irish,'' said Pellizzi, a Farmingdale High School and Maryland graduate. "I'm 100 percent Italian. <Cohen> said, 'I don't even think you need to have an Irish background.' ''

Team Ireland is a multicultural group composed of Americans

Rosenzweig wrote a college paper on Prague, the Czech venue for the World Cup. "I hear it is an unbelievable city with castles,'' she said. "It is like Disney World, but it is real life.''

Rosenzweig was excited to get the call. "My mom's grandmother was named Margaret Mary Murray,'' she said. "That's pretty Irish.

comic relief for the day!
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
AlexNic

Postby AlexNic Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:48 pm

half time
wales 3
ireland 4
alicek

Postby alicek Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 am

What's the score in the bronze medal game?
UKLaxfan

Re:

Postby UKLaxfan Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:27 am

alicek wrote:What's the score in the bronze medal game?

halftime : England 4 - 9 Canada

Canada got off to a very good start with Dana Dobbie do very well at the draw for Canada, it was 7-1 at one stage.

England have made a recovery on 2nd part of 1st half scoring off fastbreaks as well as missing a couple of very good chances

England will have to work very hard to come back for the whole 30 minutes in 2nd half, they seem to lapses defensively where they switch off
and give up a number of goals in a short time, they can't afford that in 2nd half.
UKLaxfan

England 9 -14 Canada

Postby UKLaxfan Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 am

England 9 -14 Canada

Canada win the Bronze Medal, England gave a valiant performance in the 2nd half chasing everything but were unable to recover from the poor start to the first half. Katy Bennett continued her fine form in this World Cup but try as she might England could never bridge the gap.

Canada stalled for long periods but still managed to score some vital goals when needed, Elana Chan, Amanda & Abbey Friend did most of the damage for Canada attacking the goal and breaking through the England double teams with their speed.

England had their chances on transition in 2nd half but didn't convert them missing a number of excellent fast break opportunities.

Overall England will be disappointed they missed out on the Bronze Medal but they never gave up and were beaten by the better team in the end

Return to “UK Womens”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register