ProLaxShop

results 21st Feb

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
jsgi

Re:

Postby jsgi Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:43 pm

DommoBath wrote:So two West teams in int/ Flags finals... well donw Cardiff. Final should be a great game.

What does this say about East v West? I remember hearing words that East was a lot stronger that West but that scoreline (19-4) would suggest otherwise, 3rd West vs 1st East and all....question is, will the West want to step up and go up to Prem (whoever qualifies this year) or are they happy being big fish in a small pond?

Not sure I have ever seen anyone say that E1 this year was stronger than W1 this year. I certainly said the reverse in my predictions for yesterday. I would take Bath to beat Croydon (assuming it finished with those two on top and Bath decide to actually try to get promoted) in the east west playoff. Unfortunately it looks like Swansea who will be coming down so the West representation in the Prem will remain 1 (i guess 2 if you consider Reading as a potential West team). I guess it will take a few years more for the west to get some decent representation in the prem.

One more interesting E v W confrontation is Spencer2 vs Penarth in the minor flags final.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
Delmonte

Postby Delmonte Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Welwyn 9 - 3 Purley
Canterbury - 04-06
Welwyn Warriors - 06- to current date
subs'R'due

Postby subs'R'due Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Sunday 22nd Feb:

Hitchin 'A' 2 - 15 Cambridge (rearranged from two weeks ago due to snow covered pitches at Hitchin)

The scoreline doesn't do Hitchin 'A' any justice they made Cambridge work hard for the win. Hitchin had held their ground until the 4th quarter where they ran out of steam. They played well throughout and with some key players missing they they just lacked drive.

Another good clean match, with very few penalties being served and a pleasure to referee again today!

Thanks to both teams.
Hitchin #23
Herts Hooters #23
Muz

Postby Muz Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Fair play to the Swansea lads. They battle hard during the game but the squad looks light on experience. Killed it off in the 1st qtr with some good team goals. Long, long drive.
EG 32
tea leaf

Postby tea leaf Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah, a friend of ours photographed the match. I'm not sure where they will be posted but when they are up I'll send you a PM.

okay cool, thnx a lot :)
#52 Brighton Panthers 08-14
#50 Hertfordshire Comets 07-08

'You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take'

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register