ProLaxShop

Results 24th January

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Whitey

Re:

Postby Whitey Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 pm

kiddo wrote:i noticed a photographer at the game......are the pics going to be put up anywhere?

They'll be up on www.pictureporch.co.uk sometime this week.
kiddo

Postby kiddo Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:30 pm

crakkkin
KagedAnimal

Re:

Postby KagedAnimal Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Jon_B wrote:Croydon def. London Uni 23 - 5

Very spirited London Uni team were no match for the smooth transitional play of Croydon. An extremely good team performance with some exceptional goals.

First Croydon shot of the game shattered my Nutt Hut in 3 places.

That pretty much set the tone of the game. :|
Blues #00
South
ad_panthers

Postby ad_panthers Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Brighton panthers 10 east coast 8

a close and very physical game that did alot to promote the rivalry between the two teams :)
always good to be involved in a close game. thanxs to east coast well worth the drive up!!

looking forward to bath, and explaining to my girlfriend that she dosnt come 2nd to lacrosse....... but i will be playing on valentines day. ne1 else got the same prob?
TEAM SPOON!!
Brighton Lacrosse President
Brighton Panthers 07-??
J-Lo

Re:

Postby J-Lo Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 pm

ad_panthers wrote:Brighton panthers 10 east coast 8

a close and very physical game that did alot to promote the rivalry between the two teams :)
always good to be involved in a close game. thanxs to east coast well worth the drive up!!

looking forward to bath, and explaining to my girlfriend that she dosnt come 2nd to lacrosse....... but i will be playing on valentines day. ne1 else got the same prob?

Great game - very physical.Just two goals in it. I think 5 of Brighton's goals were on man up situations.

Well played guys.
subs'R'due

Postby subs'R'due Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Welwyn 12 - 2 Hillcroft

Q1 1 - 0
Q2 6 - 0
Q3 4 - 2
Q4 1 - 0

Good game to ref.
Hitchin #23
Herts Hooters #23
Andy Mott

Postby Andy Mott Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 am

Spencer 2s v. Bath 2s flags game finished something like 21:2 to Spencer. Roll on Welwyn in the semi...

any result for Reading 2 v UEA?
nima

Re:

Postby nima Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Andy Mott wrote:any result for Reading 2 v UEA?

something like 16 - 7, not 100% sure though.
Exeter Uni - #1
Two Canoe - #1
Chilli

Postby Chilli Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Spot on Nima, 16-7 for Reading
Paddyp

Re:

Postby Paddyp Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Andy Mott wrote:Spencer 2s v. Bath 2s flags game finished something like 21:2 to Spencer. Roll on Welwyn in the semi...

any result for Reading 2 v UEA?

Spencer 22 - 2 Bath 2nds

1st quarter Spencer 3:1 Bath

2nd quarter Spencer 5:1 Bath

3rd quarter Spencer 8:0 Bath

4th quarter Spencer 6:0 Bath

Final Score Spencer 22:2 Bath
Bath City LC #55

ex-UWIC Lacrosse (Captain 2009/10)
ex-Penarth Lacrosse (2009/10)
ex-South England U19s #13
Whitey

Postby Whitey Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:37 pm

piper91

Postby piper91 Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 pm

purley conceded to swansea.
first win for swansea this season! ahh woo
eww

Re:

Postby eww Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Whitey wrote:It's day's like these that make lacrosse a really fun game!

Predictions are wonderful things...
Princess wrote:East Grinstead v Walcountian Blues disgust after losing to welwyn twice and no dan means Blues could rack up a cricket score

Princess wrote:no Dan and green keeper in big game coming cold into the Prem... could be nasty.

Toby, It must be about time that you dig out that old black and silver shirt and come back to Sussex!?

Alan is the only one who backed us!
Spencer wrote:East Grinstead v Walcountian Blues This will be close , If EG can get their offense going i could smell an upset on the cards . EG Win

I might not have had it quite right in my October prediction, but I never doubted the result!
Whitey wrote:Predict differently on the return fixture, we will stuff them by at least 5 goals.

A really exciting game today, EG took the lead, Blues pulled it back to lead 8-7, EG brought it back to 8-8 - then Dave Kelly rampaged forward, nipped by Wakeford and scored the winner. Ewan and Kiddo from the Blues really impressed me today, they've both improved a great deal since we last played each other, very important players in their side and still very young.

An extremely pleasant afternoon.

Yeah thanks Chris .. was a reaaally good game and like James said .. raaaather gutting! Couldve gone both ways but we messed up our chances and you didnt haha
Dave@Reading

Re:

Postby Dave@Reading Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:08 pm

piper91 wrote:purley conceded to swansea.
first win for swansea this season! ahh woo

Thats going to make the the Swansea vs Hilcroft fixture pretty important game for Hilcroft.... Unless their are any other crazy results over the next few weeks.
Playing again
Princess

Re:

Postby Princess Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Whitey wrote:It's day's like these that make lacrosse a really fun game!

Predictions are wonderful things...
Princess wrote:East Grinstead v Walcountian Blues disgust after losing to welwyn twice and no dan means Blues could rack up a cricket score

Princess wrote:no Dan and green keeper in big game coming cold into the Prem... could be nasty.

Toby, It must be about time that you dig out that old black and silver shirt and come back to Sussex!?

Alan is the only one who backed us!
Spencer wrote:East Grinstead v Walcountian Blues This will be close , If EG can get their offense going i could smell an upset on the cards . EG Win

I might not have had it quite right in my October prediction, but I never doubted the result!
Whitey wrote:Predict differently on the return fixture, we will stuff them by at least 5 goals.

A really exciting game today, EG took the lead, Blues pulled it back to lead 8-7, EG brought it back to 8-8 - then Dave Kelly rampaged forward, nipped by Wakeford and scored the winner. Ewan and Kiddo from the Blues really impressed me today, they've both improved a great deal since we last played each other, very important players in their side and still very young.

An extremely pleasant afternoon.

Nope im man enough to say well done really shocked about that glad I didnt ring Bagley to find out! Chris I live in Sussex as you know, only colour il change to is green :wink:

Guess Blues 1sts just are not firing as they should, leaves it to the 2's to uphold the honour and complete the season double - ah nige :lol:
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
EGLC02

Postby EGLC02 Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 am

I can't let that go without reply but I think that is best done away from a public thread. I'll PM you Toby. Then we can hurl abuse at each other without upsetting others.

On a side note I keep hearing reports that you prefer EG to any other club and you wish you stayed with us. Where are these rumors coming from? Obviously I know that they are true but wouldn't it be nice to find out who let your secret slip?
The future's bright. The future's BLACK & SILVER!!!
Visit www.eglc.co.uk to keep up to date with the top lacrosse club in Sussex
Princess

Re:

Postby Princess Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:55 am

EGLC02 wrote:I can't let that go without reply but I think that is best done away from a public thread. I'll PM you Toby. Then we can hurl abuse at each other without upsetting others.

On a side note I keep hearing reports that you prefer EG to any other club and you wish you stayed with us. Where are these rumors coming from? Obviously I know that they are true but wouldn't it be nice to find out who let your secret slip?

lol not hurling abuse old chap :D polite banter. Totally unfounded chief and you will only make Baggers cry if you keep telling people that :wink: We all know the Blues would be lost with out me! who would fullfil the role of whipping boy?
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
jsgi

Postby jsgi Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:01 am

Princess fulfills certain roles at the blues that would be hard to replace....

...Cheerleader and waterboy are the main ones that spring to mind but he does a decent job of filling in with the 1st team defence as well.

Anwyay Nige hope you knee is recovering you may well be needed when you are up against the blues tooz.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 pm

Spencer 2's vs Bath 2's

Just a quick note to congratulate the Bath lads for sticking at thier game throughout the match. It's easy to see a one sided game slip away without justified comment to both teams. Keep playing together and working for each other - listen to old boy Nik and you will certainly improve on your results. Thanks for making the long trip up because all we all want to do is play lacrosse.

Another quick thanks to Stevie and Goochie who reffed the game for us - passed exams in Novemebr and keen as hell to get the qualification games through. Thanks lads.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:00 pm

I heard young Andy played in goal for EG and had a great game. Nice to hear from a young goalie with great hand/eye co-ordination who I am sure will continue to develop. Still hope Dan gets well as soon as possible and competes for his place back. Nothing like competition for places to improve performance and if Dan ends up in the 2/3's his experience would be great asset for developing defencemen.

Well done on the result EG.

Certainly a very interesting season in the Prem this time.

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register