ProLaxShop

ALL Star East Team

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
james_512

ALL Star East Team

Postby james_512 Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 am

I am a bit bored so I thought I would see if anybody in the East fancied making up an (ALL star team) from East 1 and 2..

Dont know names so this could either be all EG or random clubs and positions.. A couple more of the london Uni Players could make the team but there are too many of you to name..

goal:
little guy London Uni

Defence
andy (croydon)
nigel kingston (EG)- This really hurts to put him in here.
Ed Thom (Spencer 2's)- Strong and quick with good stick skills.. great clearing and a very strong defender

Midfield
Carl JLO(East Coast)- Havent seen him play this season, but he is quick and strong and a good end to end middie..
Olly (Croydon)- Young, but quick and strong and has a ridiculous shot underarm on the run.
tom rae (EG).. ridiculously quick and almost unstoppable dodger.. came into his own when he started looking up and gave lots of assists

LSM
James Hatswell EG: Quality with both his right or his left hand.. has scored a couple of goals this season and is young so he will continue to improve ans has played a few games in the premiership this year.

Amit (Blues)
Ex Purley, now at Croydon..
Delaware attackman (london uni)
Clive Broad (EG) strong and bullish..scores goals from nowhere and leaves absolutely everything and often parts of him on the pitch after a game
Princess

Postby Princess Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

right ok....

Goalie - Cambridge guy/London Uni both exceptional stoppers London Uni guy probably edges it on the clear

D - Andy from Croydon - an animal
D - Big Jon from Blues - a bigger animal
D - pole from Bucks in the old England helmet big hitter aggressive skilled defender - loads of competition for this third spot

LSM - Hatswell from EG or Sam from Blues depends what you want from LSM, ball carrier or scoop and dump

F/O - Amit from Blues

M - James Griffiths from Blues - experienced player with outstanding tactical knowledge and pin point shooting on the move
M - Olly from Croydon - great both ways
M - Brown/maroony helmet from Londn Uni played both attack and middy -- fast strong and two hands good eye for the feed
M - Short guy from Cambridge surprisingly quick for an ... ample young man - great runner opening up oportunity and getting back on D

A - Blue and White helmet from East Coast - outstanding step and vision
A - Adam Watkins from EG - on his day exceptional shooter and finisher
A - Crease guy for Hitchin A - great quick stick would have had a bunch with more service
A - Deleware guy for London Uni - all round usefull

HONOURABLE MENTION
-Lee Edens from Brighton real handful great distribution arguably should be on first line A for East if not South as whole
-Dan keely from Brighton for sheer pace real burn out player deserves greater recognition for stamina and effort
-Red and white helmet from Hertfordshire excellent attacking middy with strength and handling
-The younger attack of Croydon the three of them work exceptiuonally well as an entity
-The middy from Bucks who played for E.L.L.C over summer sorry think he's number 8 good battling middy
- Big Hitchin A older guy dont know his name but good solid D
- Andy Fernando outstanding water boy for London Uni both strength and stamina fast onto the pitch at the whistle to provide essential rehydration also known to turn it on for big games and provide lucozade.
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
KagedAnimal

Postby KagedAnimal Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:05 am

Just a few I'd like to mention that stick out in my mind in addition to those already discussed. Unfortunately, from my side of the field I dont get a great look at the opponents long poles and being new to the UK I'm still getting to know everyone.

LSM: Blues 2 - from an earlier post I'll assume its Sam? Just remember some really good ground ball battles, clears, and more than a few shots on goal.

D:
Small guy from Buckhurst. He might have been a LSM, not sure, but strong clears and got off a few wicked shots from in close.
Scottish Stephen (aka Irish)- London Uni captain. Has developed into a strong strip defender with quick hands and feet.

Mid:
Olly from Croydon - put so many past me I still have whiplash from looking behind :shock:

Att:
EG #17 - Tall guy, strong hands, and patient with the ball. Finds ways to score and is a difficult shooter to read.
The Croydon Attack - These three really show you why stick skills cant be an afterthought, but a necessity. I'm still amazed and impressed with their ball movement.
Blues 2's #9 I believe he was - Has some lightning quick dodges from X around the crease.

Goal:
My hat's off to all the goalies in the league. They all play with heart and leave it all on the pitch. Unfortunately due to all the postponements I havent gotten to face everyone yet, but cheers to these in particular:

EG# 10 - this guy gets hit in the legs so often I wonder if he even feels pain anymore. One seriously tough dude who plays big in the net.
Blues 2 goalie - Think he's got some great hands and stick speed.
East Coast goalie - Wicked fast.

Andy Fernando, who along with being quite the accomplished waterboy, makes for a mighty fine cheerleader. He looks surprisingly convincing in a pleated skirt and no one shouts "Be. Aggressive. B-E Aggressive" with as much gusto.
Blues #00
South
Jon_B

Postby Jon_B Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 am

interesting topic! seems to have gone a bit quiet.
for what its worth, heres my two cents. trying to remember more names / numbers of people i've played against in past :?

G - london uni keeper (current) - small but deadly..

D- Nigel (EG)
D - Andy.M (Croydon)
D - London Uni long pole (mishy? I think)
D- Phil (LS) Spencer 2's (although may now be on the 1st team)

F/O - Joe (Croydon) / Amit (Blues) - arguably two of the best in the south.

M / LSM - Ollie.B (Croydon)
M - EG 'no.9' (?) older guy who played with white top during EG v Croyden in Dec. Exceptional movement on goal, awareness and timing
M- Hassan (Herts) - may have moved to Welwyn?

A - Ant.P - Northampton.
A - Dave.A - Croydon (ex-purley)
A - big aussie attacker, East Coast.

few others to mention: Dan.K (Brighton), Tom Checkley (Northampton), Warren.G (Croydon), Ed (LS) & some of the older boys (Rob.G etc.) from Spencer 2's , any of the London Uni 'all star' yanks (although they've prob gone home now), one or two other East Coast middies, and one or two other EG 'A players. Also some handy young players in reading 2's and Blues 2's, but couldnt pick anyone out by name.

few names there which keep comming up, but for good reason. some incredible talent in East 1's this year.
Croydon Lacrosse Club
http://www.croydonlacrosse.com
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 am

Amazing to see how many people havve been missed off this list.

Attack: Nick Flew - Spencer 2's
Attack: Adam Rogers - Reading 2's
Goalie: Sam Rowlands - Blues Tooz
Attack: Mark Chopra - Reading 2's
Midfield: Joe Nicoll - Croydon
Attack: Steve Groves - Welwyn 2's
Attack: Adam (can't remember surname) Watkins - EG 2's
Midfield: Adam Thonger - EG 2's
Defence: Olly Barrett - Croydon
Attack Lee Eddens - Brighton Panghters
Midfield: Dan Keeley - Brighton Panthers
Midfield: Dan Reid - Northampton

and on and on
qwertyd

all star team ??

Postby qwertyd Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:07 pm

all star team

Guys,

is it that you guys only know one mans name from the croydon D ?

no 23
Princess

Re: all star team ??

Postby Princess Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 pm

qwertyd wrote:all star team

Guys,

is it that you guys only know one mans name from the croydon D ?

no 23

same for all teams not everyone can put a name to face or recognises them as good in every games played
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
Jon_B

Re:

Postby Jon_B Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:Amazing to see how many people havve been missed off this list.

Attack: Nick Flew - Spencer 2's
Attack: Adam Rogers - Reading 2's
Goalie: Sam Rowlands - Blues Tooz
Attack: Mark Chopra - Reading 2's
Midfield: Joe Nicoll - Croydon
Attack: Steve Groves - Welwyn 2's
Attack: Adam (can't remember surname) Watkins - EG 2's
Midfield: Adam Thonger - EG 2's
Defence: Olly Barrett - Croydon
Attack Lee Eddens - Brighton Panghters
Midfield: Dan Keeley - Brighton Panthers
Midfield: Dan Reid - Northampton

and on and on

Almost all of those players were either mentioned above or are no longer in east 1 & 2.. ( i mentioned 3 of the above myself :? ) and (just for example) dan.r and steve.g both play prem now.
Obviously some players are 'better known' or dont have regular numbers so wont get a specific mention. I missed off a host of worthy names just because I didnt know or remember them, so ~I guess you have to take these things for a bit of fun and hope you play a memorable enougth season to get mentioned next year..
Croydon Lacrosse Club
Scoops

Postby Scoops Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm

I obviously didnt make a strong enough account of myself in my one game this season.

Suprised not to see many of the Cambridge guys in anyones side as they always have plenty of strong players.

G - Andy Price - EG

D - Andy Morris - Croydon
D - Tony Joseph - EG
D - Big Jon - Blues

LSM - James Hatswell - EG

F/O - Haven't really seen anyone that overly impresses me this year but going on last year I would have to say Joe Nichol from Croydon

M - Joe Nichol - Croydon
M - Amit Biswas - Blues
M - Another Croydon guy but no idea who he is

A - Dave Arnott - Croydon
A - Lee Eddens - Brighton
A - Steve Groves
East Grinstead Lacrosse Club
james_512

Postby james_512 Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Couldnt bring yourself to add nige to that list steve??

I would go with Tony as well, but I think he is now prem really.
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:20 pm

I think you'll find that Steve Groves is still in Welwyn 2's and doing a great job as Captain. He certainly played against us at Spencer 2's.

Have a look Andy Morris and Ollie Barrett are both mentioned from Croydon. Dave Arnott has been an outstanding player for many years despite the knee problems and it is no surprise that Croydon are benefiting from having him back.

Anyone thought about Andy Mottershead at Spencer 2's - finds the back of the net a lot. (Be even better when he improves his accuracy - sorry mate).

East Division has a load of players of ability some ageing and moving down some getting better and moving up.

I'll have a go at naming the best team:

Goal: Sam Rowlands (Walcountian Blues)

Defence: Andy Morris (Croydon)
Ed Thom (Spencer 2's)
Ollie Barrett (Croydon)

LSM: Phil Ginsberg (Spencer 2's)

FOGO: Amit Biswas (Walcountian Blues)

Midfield: Joe Nicoll (Croydon)
Adan Thonger (East Grinstead 2's)
Dan Keeley (Brighton Panthers)

Attack: Lee Eddens (Brighton Panthers)/Dave Arnott (Croydon) - can't make my mind up
Nick Flew (Spencer 2's)
Mark Chopra (Reading 2's)

Bench Goal: Eamon Poller (London University)
Bench Defence: Tony Joseph (East Grinstead 2's)
Nick Blackwell (Brighton Panthers)
Bench LSM: Toby Martlew (Walcountian Blues)
Bench: Midfield: J-Lo (East Coast)
Bench: Midfield: Young Lad that faces for Reading 2's
Bench Midfield: Young Lad that faces for Welwyn 2's
Bench Attack: Adam Watkins (East Grinstead)
Bench Attack: Adam Rogers (Reading 2's)

As you say it's all down to personal perception and how they did against you or in games you've reffed.
Jon_B

Postby Jon_B Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 am

i stand corrected about steve.g then, last time I spoke to him was last summer.

I agree, people's impressions of players vary widely depending on when and how they played them. Also noticed how people have picked up on different qualities in players and even placed the same player in different positions; making a list like this entirely subjective.
Croydon Lacrosse Club
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 am

Jon B - don't worry Grovesey didn't make my team anyway.

Scoops - I know the lad at Croydon you mean - either the one with the really smooth fake or the lad with e=the stude earing who runs like the wind. Both good lads - as is Charlie in attack - not sure they would nudge in to this team though.
ad_panthers

Postby ad_panthers Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:49 am

GK- Like eamon's - london unis aggression and a good shot stopper. Yet Croydon Keeper takes it just solid reliable and hard to beat.

D- Andy M - Croydon - steady, tuff to dodge and hurts!!
D- Scottish capt - London Uni - bought alot to their team, not scared to run with it.
D- Cambridge tall american - dominated.

M- Graham M - Brightons all-round magician, surprised he hasnt been mentioned earlier. :o
M-Croydon young midi great dodger good shot.
M- Short guy Cambridge - looked solid on the ball real threat.

A- Lee Eddens - Brighton. great lacrosse brain, sick shot.
A- East Coast attackman - good ball protection dodges from anywhere
A- Dave. A - Croydon - Got quite a few against us another strong attacking threat.

Yet to play EG this season and havnt seen any East 2 either, sure theres some boys that could be included there, just based on what weve seen so far!! :)
TEAM SPOON!!
Brighton Lacrosse President
Brighton Panthers 07-??
Princess

Postby Princess Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm

dead interesting to see what teams feel were their best oposition and therefore weight the team heavily in that direction.

Ian mate afriad id have to resign from bench LSM after sats performance was sweating turkey
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
Scoops

Postby Scoops Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 pm

You were only there as a sympathy vote as Ian couldnt think of anyone else Toddy :shock:
East Grinstead Lacrosse Club
Princess

Postby Princess Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:56 pm

least I have made more than one game stevo :wink:
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register