ProLaxShop

Who will win in the Midlands?

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here

Who Will Win The Midlands League?

Aber
11%
Warwick
22%
Birmingham Bulls
28%
Keele
2%
Stafford
No votes
Nottingham Uni
15%
Glouscester Uni
11%
L'boro
11%

Total votes: 46
jimbo_bulls

Who will win in the Midlands?

Postby jimbo_bulls Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:47 pm

Lets not forget the Midlands league!

Who will win the league?

Can the Bulls retain their title?

Maybe Warwick can make up for finishing second?

What do you think?

I am naturally biased!
-------------------------------------------

Bull Alumni # 12

Playing For The Story!
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:25 pm

I think itll be different to last year mate, Warwick have come a long way in a year, saying that they are losing mr. Morrell, and although he rarely played with them, i have a good feeling his coaching skills may have been the big difference.. Still ill do what whitey did.. (this is from my exp, however depending on frshers etc and based on last season)

Aber - Sorry lads, but plenty to improve on.. the only way is up for these guys

Notts - Never seen them play, however they won the flags, and if they really bothered with could beat anyone in this league from what ive heard.

Keele - Play best when playing as a team, however they lack the previous experience of other players from other clubs and cant see them challenging unless they get a few experienced guys next year.

Glocs 2s - Struggled this year and had to rely on help from the first team, although Glocs are ambitious i feel they are too ambitious and may be getting ahead of themselves

Staffs - An unknown quantity, but having seen the mixed team, some of their blokes seem ok... seems like Dan Heighways style has rubbed into a couple of them...

L'boro - NO HOPE! (joking!) A side with a few good players, but from last year not enough experience was the problem, which allowed us to sweep the series 3-0. Next year will be different with them i feel.

Warwick - Will losing the careful and watchful eye of mr. Morrell be an impact? Somehow i think not, another 3 close games this year will be on the cards i reckon.

Bulls - Last years winners. Helped with their intake of freshers and previous players, next years team can only be stronger and should be good enough for a second title.
chippie

Postby chippie Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:59 pm

mdhvc wrote:Notts - Never seen them play, however they won the flags, and if they really bothered with could beat anyone in this league from what ive heard.

Glocs 2s - Struggled this year and had to rely on help from the first team, although Glocs are ambitious i feel they are too ambitious and may be getting ahead of themselves

L'boro - NO HOPE! (joking!) A side with a few good players, but from last year not enough experience was the problem, which allowed us to sweep the series 3-0. Next year will be different with them i feel.

Warwick - Will losing the careful and watchful eye of mr. Morrell be an impact? Somehow i think not, another 3 close games this year will be on the cards i reckon.

Bulls - Last years winners. Helped with their intake of freshers and previous players, next years team can only be stronger and should be good enough for a second title.

i think notts will almost be the same and not really play away games, but they have had a year to organise themselves, however the sat matches will again be the main problem for them.

dont think lboro will win, they will improve, a new lacrosse structure there will do them well

staffs will be the dark horses and i think glos 2's will struggle but not finish bottom

between bulls and warwick i reckon....but who knows!!
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Here's the league as i see it:

Lufbra...finally will have some proper coaching next year, so that will help...and good recruitment and return of placement students will strengthen the side...could be short on D

Warwick...After Duncs featuring in the new lacrosse talk they'll be all at it..will do well

Brum...Scum no further comment (strong, nothing special but cocky after last year look for teams to take them down a notch)

Keele...need some coaching, but could upset a couple

Aber...sorry guys the distance is the killer for you, with half your games 3 hours away again you'll struggle!

Glocs...will be helped by their cheeky move to become 2 clubs to use the uni/club bye-law that SEMLA has

Notts....who knows

Staffs....few lads with experience at wilmslow and keen matt as captain, and probably some good coaching they'll do ok

my prediction
Warwick }
Brum } in any of the top 3
Lufbra }
Staffs
Notts
Gloucs
Aber
Keele
Two Up!
Aber_54
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Aber_54 Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Well with the help of a coaching session(s) we'll be able to improve greatly all round. We've just been going on experience of other players and although we've got the determination, I think we'll do better this year. We had a close game with Birmingham I recall, AND we only had 10 men :D :wink:
Of course with our poor weather conditions we can't always guarentee training sessions and/or games, but it would be good if we could meet say halfway with clubs who aren't prepared to travel all the way down??
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 pm

We had a close game with Birmingham I recall, AND we only had 10 men

yup, true. you did give us a run for our money in the forst half, then we capitalised on your short numbers, may have been different had you had more people. However i wont mention more, but you must surely remember when we visited your place....... and ill say no more!
chippie

Postby chippie Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:19 am

first game was 9-4 i think then bulls beat aber in aber 14-0 i think!! :!:

sour....whos gonna be doing the coaching at lboro? whos returning apart from paul and what are they gonna do without you? if the D learn from muddles they will do well!!

I think warwick will be bham's contenders this year but i think bham will have enough quality where it counts!!

staffs.....like i said who knows!!

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
morrell_ben

Postby morrell_ben Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:40 am

I have a feeling that Warwick will perform when it matters this time round, i have seen them in training - and i'll tell you now, training twice a week all through summer term will help, and they are as keen as anyone to make a solid impression on the league - and in particular the first game - could be a title decider! lol
chippie

Postby chippie Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:21 pm

twice a week in summer!! good work!!
firstt match vs aber should be a win for them!! (on paper)

but i just think if bham gel well like the start of last season and play the game they can, which they should do now they will have structured coaching.......DOMINATION is the word!! :twisted:

jimbo_bulls

Postby jimbo_bulls Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:10 pm

Sounds like all the clubs are going to be a lot more organised especially in terms of training. The league is progressing quite nicely!! Its shaping up to be a promising and competitive season. I agree with Dave, a strong start is going to be key to wining the league as it was last season!
-------------------------------------------

Bull Alumni # 12

Playing For The Story!
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:42 pm

chippie wrote:sour....whos gonna be doing the coaching at lboro? whos returning apart from paul and what are they gonna do without you? if the D learn from muddles they will do well!!

SteMcD and Ray Harry will be coaching, Paul should add some bite to the attack, Sweet in goal (or running middie) will be a big plus Milly and Fletch adding depth to the squad

Without me? they'll probably start playing some real lax, and enjoying themselves
Two Up!
Aber_54
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Aber_54 Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Well we're going to be starting the season with some experienced players out with injury which puts us down to begin with, let's just hope our notorious bad weather doesn't stop our training! (again!)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
chippie

Postby chippie Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Sour37 wrote:
chippie wrote:sour....whos gonna be doing the coaching at lboro? whos returning apart from paul and what are they gonna do without you? if the D learn from muddles they will do well!!

SteMcD and Ray Harry will be coaching, Paul should add some bite to the attack, Sweet in goal (or running middie) will be a big plus Milly and Fletch adding depth to the squad

Without me? they'll probably start playing some real lax, and enjoying themselves

l'bro gonna trek down for coaching or are they gonna trek up?
paul will give you some experience in attack, keep sweet in mid because hes rapid but towers needs to step up and lead the way

Ketts19

Postby Ketts19 Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:58 pm

Just fell of chair laughing after seeing comments made in this thread by certain Lufbra and Brum representatives. Sour, u crack me up! :lol:
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included
Towers

Postby Towers Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:27 am

Im really lookin forward to the midlands league this year. I think that we will see the quality of play is better from all teams as individuals and teams gain more experience. I think that Warwick are going to be a tough team next year bt then i think all games will be tough. I hope i dont dissapoint u chippie and i can step up.

Cant wait for it to start now
Lufbra mens capt 06-07
chippie

Postby chippie Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm

warwick....

think birmingham will be the team to beat!!

Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Whatever happens think its going to be a great season. So when are the first matches?

Can't wait to play again. Least Bath will satisfy me for a little while
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
chippie

Postby chippie Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:52 pm

oct 14th i think!

mcfrenzy96

Postby mcfrenzy96 Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 pm

It's good to see that no-one realised that aber were lulling everyone into a false sense of security last year!

Plus now we've got rid of princess we won't get held back in defence!

Nah, brum all the way but now we've got more of a core team we should hopefully cause a couple of upsets
Attackman...No Team...Awwww
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:51 pm

Think everyone knows that Birmingham and Warwick are the teams to really look out for as both had a lot more experience last year and it showed. Every team will be looking to have a crack at them now though.

All the other teams (with the exception of staffs) will have a full team of players that have a season of proper mens under their belts now. Think it will be interesting.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register