ProLaxShop

Box lax in Fareham

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
salmiakki

Box lax in Fareham

Postby salmiakki Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 am

Hello all,

I've come to shamelessly promote our new community sports rink opening in Fareham, Hampshire, in October. We are building a roller sports rink and trying to introduce as many great "smaller" sports in there as possible. This rink is made for box lacrosse and I'm hoping I can find enough people to run weekly sessions.

http://www.solent-arena.co.uk/box-lacrosse/
https://www.facebook.com/Salmiakki

Is there someone out there who'd be up for spearheading this, even on a trial basis, if I go ahead and put some time aside for the sport in the calendar? I'd be very keen to promote the sport and provide the facility for it having seen the game played in the States growing up out there.

There are hundreds of inline and ice hockey players in the area who could be interested in picking up the sport as well with a bit of promotion.

As I said, I'm very keen to get this started at the new rink so please get in touch through our Facebook page or website and we'll make it happen.

All the best,
Setti
jameskellam

Re: Box lax in Fareham

Postby jameskellam Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 am

I'm a field lacrosse ref based in Portsmouth. Most of the local players are students playing field lacrosse. Southampton has a non-student side and there is a youth side in the Waterlooville area. The field lacrosse season runs October through April and you may struggle to find many players who want to play box lacrosse during the field season. Can I suggest running taster sessions or a series of pick up games in May/June. I'm happy to help to the extent I can, even if it means learning the Box Rules and reffing games.
salmiakki

Postby salmiakki Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:43 pm

jameskellam wrote:I'm a field lacrosse ref based in Portsmouth. Most of the local players are students playing field lacrosse. Southampton has a non-student side and there is a youth side in the Waterlooville area. The field lacrosse season runs October through April and you may struggle to find many players who want to play box lacrosse during the field season. Can I suggest running taster sessions or a series of pick up games in May/June. I'm happy to help to the extent I can, even if it means learning the Box Rules and reffing games.

We're starting box next Wednesday... I know it is during the field season, but this is to get people used to box in the run-up to hopefully starting a summer season next summer!
BoxFan

Postby BoxFan Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:49 am

I will be running the Box Lacrosse sessions at "The Solent Arena" The first one will be tomorrow night and they will continue every Wednesday in the new year. All players are welcome whether you have box experience or not.

The arena is legit and provides the facility to play authentic box lacrosse. This will not be field lacrosse indoors :) The sessions will focus on Box specific skills and drills and depending on numbers will turn into a weekely scrimmage.

The London Knights are also excited to annouce the Solent Arena will also be hosting the International Tasko Cup in March 2014. The first ever legitiate Box Lacrosse tournament in England!

please check out our Facebook page for details

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/554021744668569/

any questions PM me

Cheers,

Alan Keeley
BoxFan

Postby BoxFan Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

jameskellam wrote:I'm a field lacrosse ref based in Portsmouth. Most of the local players are students playing field lacrosse. Southampton has a non-student side and there is a youth side in the Waterlooville area. The field lacrosse season runs October through April and you may struggle to find many players who want to play box lacrosse during the field season. Can I suggest running taster sessions or a series of pick up games in May/June. I'm happy to help to the extent I can, even if it means learning the Box Rules and reffing games.

Hi James,

It would be great to get you involved! At the moment there is only one qualified box lacrosse ref in the country :)
I have a friend who is a current a NLL ref. If there is enough interest I could ask if he coud come over to hold a level one boxlacrosse reffing course. He has already recently attended two such courses this year in Europe!
jameskellam

Postby jameskellam Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:57 pm

I'd like to qualify. 10-11pm on a week night is challenging but do-able. Are you aware that the Soton lads are looking at Sunday evening sessions?
BoxFan

Postby BoxFan Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:12 pm

So lots of field games called off due to crap weather..........

Why not come along this Wednesday night to try a bit of Box Lacrosse.

I will again be running a late night session at the Solent arena in Fareham near Pourtsmouth from 10pm to 11pm. As I said in my previous post the rink is legit and provides the facility to play authentic box lacrosse. This will not be field lacrosse indoors. The sessions will focus on Box specific skills and drills.

http://www.solent-arena.co.uk/box-lacrosse/

All standards of players are welcome just bring your kit and £5 towards rink hire

See you there

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics