ProLaxShop

ATTENTION ALL SEMLA CLUBS

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
DannyB

Re: ATTENTION ALL SEMLA CLUBS

Postby DannyB Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 am

Just praising them for sorting it out quickly, not blaming or complaining.
South Publicity
buckers_the_great

Postby buckers_the_great Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

JGJ wrote:
DannyB wrote:Thanks Trevor - great clarity and guidance.

Big thanks to SEMLA for sorting out a problem not of their making.

Not sure how you can say its not a problems of SEMLA's making? SEMLA are a sub committee of MPC which is a Sub committee of the ELA executive, therefore SEMLA is the ELA? As are every member of every club, as long as they are registered!

If members in the England have a problem with the ELA then they have a problem with the individuals that they have asked to represent them.

Just out of interest, if I through a ball through a window while playing lacrosse in my garden I claim on by building insurance, not the public liability policy of the Governing Body of the sport in my country! I get that people do lots of great work growing the game in England but you also do a great deal of complaining, I guess that's a national trait?

Complaining on Laxforums, how dare you, these people should be sued, can we do that under the ELA cover? :lol: :wink:

Thanks Trevor for taking the time to work through the details.

Lets just hope the pitches aren't frozen/flooded for games this weekend!
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:08 pm

JGJ wrote:
DannyB wrote:Thanks Trevor - great clarity and guidance.

Big thanks to SEMLA for sorting out a problem not of their making.

Not sure how you can say its not a problems of SEMLA's making? SEMLA are a sub committee of MPC which is a Sub committee of the ELA executive, therefore SEMLA is the ELA? As are every member of every club, as long as they are registered!

If members in the England have a problem with the ELA then they have a problem with the individuals that they have asked to represent them.

Just out of interest, if I through a ball through a window while playing lacrosse in my garden I claim on by building insurance, not the public liability policy of the Governing Body of the sport in my country! I get that people do lots of great work growing the game in England but you also do a great deal of complaining, I guess that's a national trait?

complaining is an hobby of mine
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm

Rather belatedly, I have this evening sent the the full text of the letter explaining the outcome of this issue, as already copy/pasted by Trevor in this thread, to the current list of SEMLA club contacts held by the SEMLA committee. Also included in the distribution list was the General Secretary of NEMLA, and the executive officers of SEWLA.

My apologies to all for not sending this message out yesterday; the delay was caused by unforeseen overtime at my day job. As before, if any club secretary, president, chair or captain has NOT received the email, please let me know at semlasecretary@googlemail.com.
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 am

Spat over, then.

Nothing has changed.

Blues and EG missed games because Reading wouldn’t play.

Job well done.

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Spat over, then.

Nothing has changed.

Job well done.

BeeZee.

Yes and we would have made that decision again. The problem was the lack of clarity over the policy and this had not been confirmed by the time of the games so we acted in the best interests of our club but cheers for that entirely unnecessary criticism.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
laxambition

Postby laxambition Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Spat over, then.

Nothing has changed.

Job well done.

BeeZee.

It's also entirely feasible that one or both of these games would have been called off due to the pitch conditions down at the Ibis last weekend

As it happens, the Club made a decision, as Paul said, based on the best interests of the Club membership following lengthy discussion by and advice from the SEMLA Committee regarding the PL insurance as posted on here and issued to all Clubs, so the effect of the weather on the fixtures is moot but it is not as black and white as your post makes it out (zebra pun intended!)

S
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily represent Reading Wildcats Lacrosse Club, SEMLA or, indeed, anybody else......but that doesn't mean that it's not what they're all thinking!

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register