ProLaxShop

Any lax 1/2nd Sept (except Bath 8's)

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
RobGooch

Any lax 1/2nd Sept (except Bath 8's)

Postby RobGooch Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:50 am

A call to see if there's any lacrosse going on over the weekend 1st/2nd September, other than the annual Bath 8's.
Reason is I've got a weekend with no wife and kids to entertain - just a dog to feed and walk. So I fancy a run out. Of course if any teams at Bath have a space for an East Div 1 or 2 quality ageing middie then let me know by reply. Thanks.
RobGooch

Re: Any lax 1/2nd Sept (except Bath 8's)

Postby RobGooch Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Spencer LC are moving to Saturday pre-season training on Sat 1st Sept, from 2pm on King George's Park. I'll try and get good numbers out there from the Spencer contingent (minus those at Bath obviously). Anyone not linked to Spencer but wanting a run around, come on down. If we have enough numbers and two goals/goalies we can play a mini-London version of the Bath 8's. Plus, if anyone is brand new to lacrosse, also come down and we'll run a little 'intro' session alongside whatever else is going on. Finally as I'm sans wife & kids for the weekend, I'll be up for any post-training beers in Earlsfield before heading home.
henrybliss

Postby henrybliss Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 am

This sounds like a good plan - I know a few people who can't go to Bath 8s for various reasons but if there is a game going on at Spencer I'd be keen. Whats the nearest tube station to Spencer?
#10 Oxford Brookes University
angles

Postby angles Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Think it's southfields for that ground- bit of a walk though
RobGooch

Postby RobGooch Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Nearest tube to King George's Park is Southfields which is about a 10-15 minute walk. Earlsfield mainline station is a 10 minute walk away (cut through St. Johns Drive into the back of the park). This map link (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=52 ... 4008&z=110) has an arrow for the approx pitch location plus Southfields tube. Earlsfield railway station is just off the bottom on the A217.

Spencer LC will be running a session from 2pm on King George's Park on Saturday. As many will be at Bath, happy to open this up to everyone; club members, players from other clubs, new/novice and old/retired. Depending on numbers we'll hope to mix a bit of training in with a full field game.

After the session, if any fancies a beer or two, we can hit one of the pub beer gardens on the way back to Earlsfield railway station, e.g. the Wandle.
steveg

Postby steveg Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Rob,

Welwyn are organising a couple of cars to come down - it'll be a mixed bag of a couple of our second team squad, mainly thirds and some beginners.

Hope that's ok - please let me know if the arrangements change.

Steve
Steve Groves
RobGooch

Postby RobGooch Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Steve, as discussed on the phone, please come down and join our session. I'll meet you in the car park on King George's Park around 1pm. We have each others mobile numbers if either are running late.

For anyone else reading this and wanting some lacrosse action in London, come on down, the more the merrier.

We aim to start at 2pm so players please arrive around 1:30pm. The changing rooms on KGP are likely NOT to be open, but the weather looks OK for changing pitch-side. There should be the option to change/shower back at Spencer LC for those who need to (long walk or short drive away). I assume many will be taking their sweaty bodies straight into the pub though. As it's not the start of the league season yet, no post-game food will be available at Spencer LC - hence going to the pub for a beer and a burger.
steveg

Postby steveg Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Rob,

Many thanks to you and the rest of the Spencer guys for a very useful warm up game yesterday. Surprisingly good weather and a match that was competitive and good fun throughout. And please thank your team for encouraging and helping our newest players.

Steve
Steve Groves

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register