ProLaxShop

results: 25th February

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Tree13

Re: results: 25th February

Postby Tree13 Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:19 am

Guy_O wrote:
julius125 wrote:
EGLC02 wrote:
Paddyp wrote:Cardiff 'A' 1 - 38 Bath

WOW!!

I'll second that, that's one crazy result!

Bath have been racking up quite a lot of good victories, if they carry this on to the end of the season, the West 1 title will be theirs and the playoff game against East Grinsteoad will be a very good one to watch!

Is it just me that is really against these score lines. So bath go and put almost 40 goals past a team. Surely when you get around 15 goals up you should at least work the ball. Try and practice something that the other
team can defend and make it worth while. That many goals is simply fast breaks non stop or one on one dodges.

I'm all for proving dominance but sticking that many goals in seems a bit stupid....

On a different note, thanks to hillcroft for a wicked game.

It's entirely up to Bath how they chose to prepare for a possible playoff game against a team with four prem-standard defenders.... but I do tend to agree with you.
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
subs'R'due

Postby subs'R'due Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Hitchin 13 - 5 Welwyn

Both teams had equal possession but Welwyn couldn't find the back of the net. There were some great moves by their young defender, DK. Great game played in good spirits on a lovely sunny day. It was a pleasure to ref this game.
Hitchin #23
Herts Hooters #23
harlequinD

Postby harlequinD Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Guy_O wrote:
julius125 wrote:
EGLC02 wrote:
Paddyp wrote:Cardiff 'A' 1 - 38 Bath

WOW!!

I'll second that, that's one crazy result!

Bath have been racking up quite a lot of good victories, if they carry this on to the end of the season, the West 1 title will be theirs and the playoff game against East Grinsteoad will be a very good one to watch!

Is it just me that is really against these score lines. So bath go and put almost 40 goals past a team. Surely when you get around 15 goals up you should at least work the ball. Try and practice something that the other
team can defend and make it worth while. That many goals is simply fast breaks non stop or one on one dodges.

I'm all for proving dominance but sticking that many goals in seems a bit stupid....

On a different note, thanks to hillcroft for a wicked game.

A bit of perspective on this game:

Bath didnt set out to humiliate, having had the pleasure of playing them for many years I dont believe thats in their makeup. They were simply the better team by quite some margin.

There were mitigating factors. Both Quins teams were short on players yesterday, the seconds especially. We had an attackman in goal and half a team that had never played with us before. Throw in a 5 week break since we'd last played and it created a very disjointed and rusty performance. Bath were also very efficient, allowing us probably about 5 mins on attack in the entire game resulting in a very tired defence by the end of the first half. By the second half there were spaces everywhere and I'd have been more insulted if Bath hadnt scored the goals they did.

Bath have some decent youngsters now and look like they are ready to make the step up this year.
Ex-Penarth #20
Ex-Cardiff Uni #20
Current Cardiff Harlequins #20
Current Cardiff Harlequins A Captain
Paddyp

Postby Paddyp Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Bath 2nds 9 - 3 Cheltenham

Quarter Scores:
Bath 3 - 1 Cheltenham
Bath 7 - 2 Cheltenham
Bath 7 - 2 Cheltenham
Bath 9 - 3 Cheltenham

In response to the 1sts 38 - 1 result. I watched the game and bath had no intentions of humiliating cardiff.. the talk was on working the ball around goal, cutting and feeding.. 23 of the goals were assisted goals. The team talks were about playing as if we were playing against Buckhurst or EG. As has been mentioned cardiff were missing players most importantly Grindle in goal. Bath played their game throughout. Fair play to cardiff they kept playing throughout scoring in the last quarter and testing our keeper a few times in the last few minutes.
Bath City LC #55

ex-UWIC Lacrosse (Captain 2009/10)
ex-Penarth Lacrosse (2009/10)
ex-South England U19s #13
midnight999

Postby midnight999 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi Paddy, I noticed you were taking some pics Saturday, will you be posting any of them up?
Guy_O

Postby Guy_O Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Paddyp wrote:Bath 2nds 9 - 3 Cheltenham

Quarter Scores:
Bath 3 - 1 Cheltenham
Bath 7 - 2 Cheltenham
Bath 7 - 2 Cheltenham
Bath 9 - 3 Cheltenham

In response to the 1sts 38 - 1 result. I watched the game and bath had no intentions of humiliating cardiff.. the talk was on working the ball around goal, cutting and feeding.. 23 of the goals were assisted goals. The team talks were about playing as if we were playing against Buckhurst or EG. As has been mentioned cardiff were missing players most importantly Grindle in goal. Bath played their game throughout. Fair play to cardiff they kept playing throughout scoring in the last quarter and testing our keeper a few times in the last few minutes.

I do understand they need to prepare but do you think it is actually possible to prepare for a game against another side looking to go into the prem by putting 40 goals past a weakened second team? how many of the opportunities that they got in this situation would they get against EG or Birmingham or us for that matter?

Im not saying bath went out to humiliate anyone, they have always been a great team to play against. I just cant see the justification of putting 40 goals past someone if you are not needing to rack up a goal tally...?
Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead

Bristol Bombers #5
Paddyp

Postby Paddyp Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:52 am

midnight999 wrote:Hi Paddy, I noticed you were taking some pics Saturday, will you be posting any of them up?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bath-L ... 7636122554

all photos are there buddy
Bath City LC #55

ex-UWIC Lacrosse (Captain 2009/10)
ex-Penarth Lacrosse (2009/10)
ex-South England U19s #13
Wezalmighty

Postby Wezalmighty Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Portsmouth Beat Southampton City 16 - 7.

Much tighter game than the scoreline shows, there were 2 goals in it up until the last quarter or so.
Wez Morris
#40 Portsmouth Uni
Ash

Postby Ash Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Chilli wrote:Reading 10 Purley 7

Reading 2s 9 Buckhurst Hill 11

Small and not terribly important correction. Reading 2 Buckhurst hill score was 11-10 (got the scorecard of the ref). Nearly another high scoring draw! Good game, and thanks to bucks for a fun match as usual.
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register