ProLaxShop

Predictions 21 Jan 2012

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Predictions 21 Jan 2012

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Just Prem as the SEMLA site is slightly out of date now so fixtures aren't up for the weekend. Winners in red.

Hampstead vs Hitchin

Hampstead nearly had a shock loss to Welwyn but managed to hang on. Hitchin got pumelled by Blues and will be looking to bounce back. Should be a cracker. I think Hitchin's injury problems mean Hampstead are the favourites but I think Hitchin will pull it off and blow the title race wide open.

Walcountian Blues vs Hillcroft

Hillcroft have the potential on their day to beat anyone but I think the Blues are picking up steam and I see another big win for them.

Spencer vs Welwyn

Spencer, possibly the most inconsistant side in the league against a continually improving Welwyn. Welwyn will be desperate tp pick up a win here following a great but ultimately disappointing game against Hampstead. It very much depends on which Spencer turns up. In terms of strength across all positions in my opinion they are the best team in the South but it just doesn't seem to have clicked this season. Welwyn will run them close but I can see Spencer starting to get going now in the 2nd half of the season.

Purley vs Cardiff

Both teams are struggling. I think the difference here is that Cardiff have lots of potential but seem to have failed to string it together for a full 80mins while Purley are in a worrying terminal decline. I hope they bounce back but even with the long trip for Cardiff I can only see one winner.

Reading vs Bristol

Not underestimating Bristol. They have come on in leaps and bounds as the season has progressed built on the foundations of a great keeper and strong defense and their first win will come soon. It's our job to make sure that isn't quite as soon as they want.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
Bradd

Re: Predictions 21 Jan 2012

Postby Bradd Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm

I'll get the East 1 fixtures up then:

East Grinstead vs Spencer 2
Buckhirst Hill vs Blues 2
Colchester vs Welwyn 2
Reading 2 vs Cambridge
Croydon vs Brighton

I'm going for a clean sweep for the home teams; won't predict my own game though as I missed the first fixture against Cambridge so I don't know how they're looking this year
Raptor_attack

Postby Raptor_attack Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:25 pm

East Grinstead vs Spencer 2 - They're top of the league for a reason, although I see Spencer running them close
Buckhurst Hill vs Blues 2 - Bucks are looking strong this year, I fancy them to take this by less than 5
Colchester vs Welwyn 2 - Welwyn have run Reading and Spencer close in recent weeks, I think they will have too much for Colchester and will notch up their first win.
Reading 2 vs Cambridge - Home win for the boys in red. Looking for a better result than the away game...
Croydon vs Brighton - Croydon by 10
Live and Let (crease)Dive
ex-Southampton City Sabres #8
Reading Wildcats #xxx
'Instruo pro gloria'
Ash

Postby Ash Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:44 pm

East Grinstead vs Spencer 2 : 14-3
Buckhurst Hill vs Blues 2 : 9-4
Colchester vs Welwyn 2 : 6-8 (if they travel with a decent squad)
Reading 2 vs Cambridge : 11-6
Croydon vs Brighton : 10-3
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
speach

Postby speach Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

Reading vs Bristol

Not underestimating Bristol. They have come on in leaps and bounds as the season has progressed built on the foundations of a great keeper and strong defense and their first win will come soon. It's our job to make sure that isn't quite as soon as they want.[/quote]

So neither team highlighted in red means a predicted draw then? :-)
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 am

speach wrote:
Reading vs Bristol

Not underestimating Bristol. They have come on in leaps and bounds as the season has progressed built on the foundations of a great keeper and strong defense and their first win will come soon. It's our job to make sure that isn't quite as soon as they want.

So neither team highlighted in red means a predicted draw then? :-)

I'm pretty sure it means no prediction... lots of people don't like to predict their own games.
speach

Postby speach Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:19 pm

I've managed to resist predicting the outcomes so far, to the relief of the players involved!
manc_lad

Postby manc_lad Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:15 pm

speach wrote:I've managed to resist predicting the outcomes so far, to the relief of the players involved!

Mr Peach, surely this would be a conflict of interest. You wouldn't want to be accused of swinging games to boost your personal prediction ego now would you?

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register