ProLaxShop

European Club Championships

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
S_24_LAX

European Club Championships

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:50 am

I just want to wish Walcountian Blues all the very best of luck this weekend in Hamburg at The European Club Championships. I am sure they will represent the South and themselves brilliantly and let's hope they triumph in thier endeavours.

It's a shame our friends at Stockport couldn't make the trip, due to fiscal difficulties as that would have been a very strong two pronged English onslaught.
jsgi

Re: European Club Championships

Postby jsgi Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am

Cheers Ian

We are taking a pretty decent squad of mainly 1st team players (and a few stronger 2nd teamers). Shame Stockport will not be there but I suspect the competition will be strong considering how good Stuttgart were when they came over in September.
--------------------------------------------------
Blues #19

"What we have got here is failure to communicate"
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:37 am

S_24_LAX wrote:I just want to wish Walcountian Blues all the very best of luck this weekend in Hamburg at The European Club Championships. I am sure they will represent the South and themselves brilliantly and let's hope they triumph in thier endeavours.

Seconded. Hope they do us proud and bring back the silverware. I think this competition is a great idea and I'm glad that we have participants out there. Good luck!
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
KagedAnimal

Postby KagedAnimal Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the support gentlemen. I think I can speak for most of my club when I say we are going into this with a healthy respect for what the European clubs have accomplished and the quality they put out on the pitch. It should, at the very least, be a great weekend of lacrosse and I am grateful to be representing the South England premiership - a league I have a great deal of pride in being a part of. I hope this competition continues and that next year's champions - whomever they might be - will be equally keen to represent the south as the league gets ever stronger year by year.
Blues #00
South
Chilli

Postby Chilli Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Good Luck Blues!!

Win it for the Blues and for SEMLA!!!

Can you please post updates on LaxForums after each game??
Blackwell32

Postby Blackwell32 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:02 pm

Good luck UCD!
snooplax

Postby snooplax Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:52 pm

Any results from today?
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
KagedAnimal

Postby KagedAnimal Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Final standings were:

1st: Farsta (swedes) with 3 wins
2nd: Blues 2w 1L
3rd: hamburg 1w 2L
4th: UC Dublin 0w 3L

It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend that suffered in places for organisation and event timing. There was no playoff for final standings similar to last years tourney - only a round robin with everyone playing each other once. Swedes were well deserving and played hard. We had one of those mornings where the posts seemed just a few millimetres thicker than usual but seeing as how cold it was that's a poor excuse.

All teams seemed to get on well and there was much discussion about setting next years date in stone earlier so that respective league winners can have more time to arrange. Format was also hotly debated and there seemed to be some shared sentiment about ensuring more games next year with group and playoff stages but nothing is official so don't quote me.

It was great to see so many players from so many countries represented and I hope it continues in the future. Its a great outlet for European lacrosse players to play each other if for whatever reason they are not/cannot participate in the national level events.
Blues #00
South

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register