ProLaxShop

New Teams/League Structure 11/12

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Ash

New Teams/League Structure 11/12

Postby Ash Mon May 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Quite early.....but its not a million miles away from the AGM and the league structure meetings!

Who is entering the league next season?

The following have been rumoured:

Norwich (Confirmed)
Chichester
imperial
plymouth & marjons
Bath 3
bristol 3
UWIC
Reading 3
Bournemouth

but only Norwich have actually applied so far! Any more news on any of the rumours? Anyone dropping out of the league? Anyone considering applying to refuse promotion o for other issues to be considered?
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
henrybliss

Re: New Teams/League Structure 11/12

Postby henrybliss Tue May 03, 2011 11:46 am

Got an email from an ela guy saying they were thinking of trying to sort and oxford team...
#10 Oxford Brookes University
julius125

Postby julius125 Tue May 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Interested to know what's happening with East Grinstead next season, are their 2nd team still going up even if their Prem team is going down? Thought they'd want to avoid having 2 teams in the same division...

And if the 2nd team don't go up, does that mean the next highest team in East 2 go up in their place (Epsom?), or that the 2nd from last team in East 1 (Bucks) doesn't go down?
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
FarmerDan

Postby FarmerDan Tue May 03, 2011 11:08 pm

My understanding is that there is nothing against having more than one team from a club in the same league except the Prem.
Steely Dan

Postby Steely Dan Wed May 04, 2011 7:35 am

FarmerDan wrote:My understanding is that there is nothing against having more than one team from a club in the same league except the Prem.

From a "Rules" perspective I think you're correct, though I also think Julius is asking whether EG think it will benefit or harm their development to have 2 teams in one league?

Personally I think it can work, but you need to have a very good managment structure in place - and ensure that if one of your teams win promotion, then its those guys that get the reward and go up.
Herts Comets Founder 04-08
Welwyn Warriors 04/05. 08 -->
julius125

Postby julius125 Wed May 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Steely Dan wrote:
FarmerDan wrote:My understanding is that there is nothing against having more than one team from a club in the same league except the Prem.

From a "Rules" perspective I think you're correct, though I also think Julius is asking whether EG think it will benefit or harm their development to have 2 teams in one league?

Personally I think it can work, but you need to have a very good managment structure in place - and ensure that if one of your teams win promotion, then its those guys that get the reward and go up.

By rules it is fine to have 2 teams in a league below the prem, but yes I meant what EG will want to do, whether they see any good of having 2 games a season which would be almost deemed pointless, a game where there is really only one possible winner... Obviously no harm done by this to any other teams, and whether it affects either EG team is their opinion!
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register