ProLaxShop

Summer Lax Training

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
julius125

Summer Lax Training

Postby julius125 Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am

So what lax is going to be on during the summer and where? Can remember some which were on last year but a full and accurate list here would be great, so I can plan what sort of time make available for it... Would be a dream to get some lax in every evening of the week, thanks for any info!

To kick things off, Croydon will be holding sessions at their home ground on Monday nights, from 7.30 - 9pm...
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
KagedAnimal

Re: Summer Lax Training

Postby KagedAnimal Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:55 am

Fairly certain there will be Blues summer scrimmages on wednesday nights starting sometime in July.

Hillcroft and spencer usually run training sessions but I'll wait for them to confirm if they will continue this year.
Blues #00
South
petegriffin

Postby petegriffin Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

Hillcroft will be training on Clapham Common Tuesday nights from mid May I expect but we'll confirm on here when we start.

All are welcome and we'll normally head for a couple in the Windmill afterwards.
Pete

Hillcroft A
DreadLAX
https://www.facebook.com/DreadLAX
jonfast

Postby jonfast Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Hitchin are running training at the moment for men and women on a Wednesday from 6.30pm at Blueharts sports field in Hitchin.

Summer training will begin sometime in May... Expect an update soon!
Tommy_Tank

Postby Tommy_Tank Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 pm

petegriffin wrote:Hillcroft will be training on Clapham Common Tuesday nights from mid May I expect but we'll confirm on here when we start.

All are welcome and we'll normally head for a couple in the Windmill afterwards.

Mid-Week Training -

The plan is to train every Tuesday night on Clapham Common, as we did last year. Our first session will be May 31st, meet behind the Windmill pub for approx 7.15pm.

These sessions will be open to all!
Hillcroft #44
Warwick Exiles #1
EX-Warwick Lacrosse #44
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 am

julius125 wrote:So what lax is going to be on during the summer and where? Can remember some which were on last year but a full and accurate list here would be great, so I can plan what sort of time make available for it... Would be a dream to get some lax in every evening of the week, thanks for any info!

To kick things off, Croydon will be holding sessions at their home ground on Monday nights, from 7.30 - 9pm...

Are these running at the moment?
julius125

Postby julius125 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Rotisserie wrote:
julius125 wrote:To kick things off, Croydon will be holding sessions at their home ground on Monday nights, from 7.30 - 9pm...

They are, but on rather low numbers at the moment due to other commitments of players, and we will be moving for a few weeks to a park in Orpington after the Easter holiday, to accomodate for the ground's fallow period... So unless you live relatively local or have a group to bring down, might not be worth your while to turn out just yet!

But once the Uni's are finished and there is more light avaliable numbers will pick up, so around mid-May when the other summer training sessions with other clubs begin... the sessions were well attended and very enjoyable last year, looking to be the same for this year too!

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:33 pm

julius125 wrote:
Rotisserie wrote:
julius125 wrote:To kick things off, Croydon will be holding sessions at their home ground on Monday nights, from 7.30 - 9pm...

They are, but on rather low numbers at the moment due to other commitments of players, and we will be moving for a few weeks to a park in Orpington after the Easter holiday, to accomodate for the ground's fallow period... So unless you live relatively local or have a group to bring down, might not be worth your while to turn out just yet!

But once the Uni's are finished and there is more light avaliable numbers will pick up, so around mid-May when the other summer training sessions with other clubs begin... the sessions were well attended and very enjoyable last year, looking to be the same for this year too!

I'll come down on monday. Even if there's only 1 other person there it'll be 1 more than i'll have shooting on my cage in my garden. Plus I live fairly near anyway.
sj247

Postby sj247 Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:57 am

Anyone know of anything going on in North Cornwall area? I'm prepared to travel into devon if needed. My nearest club is in Wales...
Or if anyone else is in same position, maybe we could start something going.
University of Kent #90 (or #30)
Men's Lacrosse President 2010-11
Men's Captain 2011-12
Maidstone LC #90
England Uni 2012/13
Ash

Postby Ash Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Reading will be training over the summer on tuesday night. Probably starting again in early May, usually anyone who wishes to attend is welcome regardless of experience!

Also anyone moving to the area over the summer who is looking for a club for next year is especially welcome and its great to get involved early in the summer! Feel free to get in touch, weve got players from all over the place including Hampshire, surrey, oxfordshire and Wiltshire and the ground is easily accessible from road and rail!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
Teall

Postby Teall Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Can anyone help me out? Are there any teams/clubs in the Oxford area (apart from the University teams) or is the closest club Reading?
Thanks,
University of Leicester Lacrosse Club Captain '10/'11
ULLAX
manc_lad

Postby manc_lad Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 am

Is there any training tonight? I just saw a guy walking past my office in the city with a long pole.

Could be just the way he rolls, not sure.
ArchLevel

Postby ArchLevel Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:22 pm

First Annual ArchLevel Lacrosse Summer League!

Venue:Cheadle Hulme LC
Dates: June 4th - Aug 13th (Saturdays Only)
Cost: 60 pounds per player

What you get:
- Custom League Jersey
- 10 Regular season games and a championship Saturday to cap it off
- Pro Player demos
- Custom League site to keep player and team stats, standings, info, etc
- Championship awards
- Pro videos and photos
- And more!

Register via the home site at www.archlevellacrosse.com

If you have questions at all feel free to get a hold of us at info@archlevellacrosse.com!
Princess

Postby Princess Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 pm

How convenient :roll:
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
LacrosseRob

Postby LacrosseRob Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Do Maidstone do any kind of training over the summer?
Ex-Leicester Uni #99
Leicester Uni Men's Captain 2011/12
Maidstone #00
julius125

Postby julius125 Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

LacrosseRob wrote:Do Maidstone do any kind of training over the summer?

I believe they do, normally on a tuesday night, but not entirely sure if this is continuing since the season's ended, and they might be changing the training day over the summer... I'm sure one of their guys on here will pick up on this post soon and give a better answer!

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

rr53

Postby rr53 Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 pm

LacrosseRob wrote:Do Maidstone do any kind of training over the summer?

Generally we will train on a Tuesday or Sunday. Join the Facebook group 'Maidstone Redwolves Lacrosse' and we can fill you in from there. Or just add me 'Riaz Russool' Where abouts do you live?
LacrosseRob

Postby LacrosseRob Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Tunbridge Wells so I'd be getting the train in. Are you going to keep going over the summer? I'm back from uni late june-september. I'd appreciate the chance to keep sharp over the sunny months :p I
Ex-Leicester Uni #99
Leicester Uni Men's Captain 2011/12
Maidstone #00
Princess

Postby Princess Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm

If your Tunbridge EG is pretty local too, they usually run a well organised summer 8's league
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
rr53

Postby rr53 Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Yea thats cool, you can get involved with the Kent County set up too! Plenty of laxin in kent over the summer!

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register