ProLaxShop

Predictions 05/02/2011

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
duffyboi

Predictions 05/02/2011

Postby duffyboi Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:37 pm

Havent done this for a little while so thought I'd get the ball rolling....

Prem Spencer v Walcountian Blues
Prem East Grinstead v Hillcroft
Prem Welwyn Warriors v Cardiff Harlequins
Prem Reading Wildcats v Hitchin
Prem Purley v Hampstead

East1 Colchester v Brighton Panthers..... long way to travel for the panthers so no doubt they would want to go home with a win
East1 Spencer 2 v Cambridge Univ..... very tough game but can see only a goal or two in it
East1 Buckhurst Hill v Walcountian Blues 2..... played bucks 2 weeks ago and they look like another team compared to the start of the season however blues r very strong at the moment.
East1 Reading Wildcats 2 v Croydon..... always expecting my own team to win

East2 Epsom v London Univ..... both teams doing well in their league so should b a good game
East2 Welwyn Warriors 2 v East Grinstead A..... 2's wanna win the league so cnt see them messing this up
East2 Maidstone Red Wolves v Northampton Town..... as much as i want my old team to win, maidstone looking very strong and did beat ntown in the reverse fixture.

East3 Canterbury v RAF Marham..... could be a very physical game but see canterbury just edging it
East3 Royal Holloway v Hillcroft A..... flying high hillcroft at the top holloway at the other end so not really gonna bank on the under-dog in this game
East3 Walcountian Blues 3 v Welwyn Warriors 3.....youth vs experience im going to say the speed and fitness will play a key part in the game

Didnt want to touch the west games as i would have no idea who to say would win or lose....
Last edited by duffyboi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attackers make headlines, defenders win championships
Croydon Cobras Lacrosse #66
Northampton Uni Lacrosse Treasurer 09/10
Northampton Town Weasels #66 09/10
Northampton Uni Lacrosse 06-10
Ash

Re: Predictions 05/02/2011

Postby Ash Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Prem Spencer v Walcountian Blues
Prem East Grinstead v Hillcroft
Prem Welwyn Warriors v Cardiff Harlequins
Prem Reading Wildcats v Hitchin
Prem Purley v Hampstead

East1 Colchester v Brighton Panthers - can only really see this one going one way, but colchester are showing that their form may be picking up!
East1 Spencer 2 v Cambridge Univ - "surprise" of the weekend, spencer are a solid outfit and i think they might win by one or two.
East1 Buckhurst Hill v Walcountian Blues 2. - bucks showing some good form, blues seem to always play well though, just a bit to much. Bucks greatest asset is its defence from what i saw in our game, though i suspect blues may get chances from midfield.
East1 Reading Wildcats 2 v Croydon - few good games for us recently, didn't put in a bad showing last time and the teams moved on a fair bit since that previous game. Think if we have a strong team out it could be a very good game!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
buckers_the_great

Postby buckers_the_great Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 am

duffyboi wrote:East3 Canterbury v RAF Marham..... could be a very physical game but see canterbury just edging it

I heard Marham have a secret weapon this week like a former NEMLA player but he might be a little short of match practise.....
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 am

buckers_the_great wrote:
duffyboi wrote:East3 Canterbury v RAF Marham..... could be a very physical game but see canterbury just edging it

I heard Marham have a secret weapon this week like a former NEMLA player but he might be a little short of match practise.....

I heard he's got nothing but legs
Two Up!
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 am

If I choose a game to watch this week it would be Welwyn vs Quins. Don't believe there is going to be too much love lost there and PIKEY back and available to play. Fortunately I have a match so won't be called upon to refeeree this ??? contest.
jivingjohn

Postby jivingjohn Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:17 am

S_24_LAX wrote:If I choose a game to watch this week it would be Welwyn vs Quins. Don't believe there is going to be too much love lost there and PIKEY back and available to play. Fortunately I have a match so won't be called upon to refeeree this ? contest.

Ian,

That's a massive shame mate as last week's reffing between you and Debs was superb and made the match thoroughly enjoyable to play in. Almost as enjoyable as the ribs afterwards!!
buckers_the_great

Postby buckers_the_great Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Sour37 wrote:
buckers_the_great wrote:

I heard he's got nothing but legs

Don't listen to Jay Jones, he knows nothing!
Flt Lt Mark Buckley
RAF High Wycombe

RAF Lacrosse (Association Secretary) #17 2005-2020
SEMLA Referee
Welwyn Warriors #whatever's going spare 2011
Newcastle Knights #17 2008-2010, Toon Army #17 Forever
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 pm

» Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:
If I choose a game to watch this week it would be Welwyn vs Quins. Don't believe there is going to be too much love lost there and PIKEY back and available to play. Fortunately I have a match so won't be called upon to refeeree this ? contest.

Ian,

That's a massive shame mate as last week's reffing between you and Debs was superb and made the match thoroughly enjoyable to play in. Almost as enjoyable as the ribs afterwards!!

Flattery, flattery Flora !

Just glad to be playing at my old age Mate.

I am sure SEMLA will ensure the game is covered and whilst there may be some poor feeling between the teams I hope the game is played in good spirit and is as normally a credit to the sport.

I understand that poor old Dan's injury was a little worse than we hoped. Wish him a full and speedy recovery

I still can't believe I actually praised you on your improved defensive performance - lack of alcohol probably.
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:If I choose a game to watch this week it would be Welwyn vs Quins. Don't believe there is going to be too much love lost there and PIKEY back and available to play. Fortunately I have a match so won't be called upon to refeeree this ? contest.

Agree with this. Quins desperately in need of a win as well following last weekends results. Should be a cracker. In our two games against them I have been really impressed by the way they move the ball in attack and I'm surprised they haven't picked up more wins.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8

Return to “UK Southern”