ProLaxShop

Predictions 2nd Oct

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Predictions 2nd Oct

Postby laxwill11 Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:21 am

The new season is nearly upon us so what better way to start the build up with predictions for this weekend matches.

I havent bothered with East Div games as I have little to no knowledge to make any useful contribution

Prem Blues v Hitchin - The favourites for the title to start with a win - but how will Ste McD and Eoin cope playing against their old club?

Prem Hampstead v Harlequins - not predicting my own team's result

Prem Purley v Hillcroft - based on past reputation, nothing more.

Prem Reading v Spencer - i expect Spencer to be up there again this year, and whilst rumours that Readings LDOs are mint abound, it'll be the better team over (arguably) better individuals

Prem Welwyn v East Grinstead - ok, going for an upset as i understand Welwyn are somewhat weakened from last year (hence didnt take their place in the Euros) and EG will be solid, perhaps sniffing blood

West1 Portsmouth v Southampton - Not really much of a clue, and derby matches are always tight, but going for the visitors based on fact that as a club side i would expect them to have gone through pre-season v uni side who will (I assume) be getting together for the first time this week.

East2 Spencer 3 v Epsom
East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway
East3 RAF Marham v Hillcroft A
East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Predictions 2/10/2010

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:24 am

It's about time! First games of the season this weekend. Cannot wait.

Here are my predictions (winners in red):

Prem Blues v Hitchin - After a lot of hype we will see what sort of a start Blues get off to. I think they will be too strong for Hitchin. Will be interesting with Steve McDermott facing his old club straight away.
Prem Hampstead v Harlequins - A long trip for Cardiff (well every away game is). Never really know what sort of team Hampstead will put out but they always seem to be strong. I think it could be close though and I wouldn't be surprised if there was an upset.
Prem Purley v Hillcroft - After some stumbles last season Purley picked it up again near the end. They seem to have had an influx of uni players to support their experienced core. Hillcroft seemed on the verge of a big break though last year. I think they may just steal a win here
Prem Reading v Spencer
Prem Welwyn v East Grinstead - Last seasons champions will be good again. EG are always a tough opposition so this should be hard fought but I think Welwyn will just have too much for them

West1 Portsmouth v Southampton - Derby game to start. These can always be manic but if Pompey have their new students playing I think they will take the win.

East2 Spencer 3 v Epsom - From accounts circulating after their 8s Epsom will be strong

East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway - Fantastic depth in the Blues club, I think they will win
East3 RAF Marham v Hillcroft A - By all accounts loads of competition for the first team so their A will be strong
East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3 - Again strength in depth to see them through
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Re: Predictions 2/10/2010

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:46 am

Obviously not the only one keen. Could someone merge the threads please? Thanks
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
davidmcculloch81

Re: Predictions 2nd Oct

Postby davidmcculloch81 Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am

Done keenos.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Ash

Postby Ash Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:45 pm

As i am no judas, I'll go for Southampton to win over Portsmouth, but having seen what Pompey have picked up in the summer it's the first time in my association with Hampshire lacrosse that I think soton are genuine underdogs for the game. Freshers week could help soton too I guess!!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:25 am

Prem Blues v Hitchin - I think that the strength in depth factor will take over here and Blues will beat the unpredictable Hitchin
Prem Hampstead v Harlequins - Home pitch advantage given here. But no one is sure who will be at Hamp[stead until they turn up on the day. Think it will be a close game and will not be too surprised if I am proved wrong.
Prem Purley v Hillcroft - I've gone for a Hillcroft win this time round - they appear to have worked really hard off the pitch and from what I have seen seem to be getting it together and improving all the time. Might well catch Purley cold
Prem Reading v Spencer - to pinch the result in a close game - by three
Prem Welwyn v East Grinstead - I'm going for a low scoring draw.

West1 Portsmouth v Southampton - If the Blues youth policy is at Pompey then they should win this one

East2 Spencer 3 v Epsom - Be great to get off to a winning start especially against my old club. Shame Spencer 2's aren't playing. Looking forward to the banter and beer afterwards
East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway - too early in the season for the students to win this one
East3 RAF Marham Rv Hillcroft A - the long drive o take it's toll and give the hard working Marham boys a win
East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3 - Improved all the time last season and could win this one at home - especially with the comfort of the changing room - good luck at your new ground
laxambition

Postby laxambition Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:33 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway - too early in the season for the students to win this one

I understand that RH have already cancelled due to lack of transport; I asume this is a "postponed" rather than a "conceded" at this stage of the season
The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily represent Reading Wildcats Lacrosse Club, SEMLA or, indeed, anybody else......but that doesn't mean that it's not what they're all thinking!
Paddyp

Postby Paddyp Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 am

Prem Blues v Hitchin
Prem Hampstead v Harlequins
Prem Purley v Hillcroft
Prem Reading v Spencer
Prem Welwyn v East Grinstead

West1 Portsmouth v Southampton

East2 Spencer 3 v Epsom
East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway
East3 RAF Marham R v Hillcroft A
East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3
Bath City LC #55

ex-UWIC Lacrosse (Captain 2009/10)
ex-Penarth Lacrosse (2009/10)
ex-South England U19s #13
Princess

Postby Princess Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:59 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:Prem Blues v Hitchin - I think that the strength in depth factor will take over here and Blues will beat the unpredictable Hitchin
Prem Hampstead v Harlequins - Home pitch advantage given here. But no one is sure who will be at Hamp[stead until they turn up on the day. Think it will be a close game and will not be too surprised if I am proved wrong.
Prem Purley v Hillcroft - I've gone for a Hillcroft win this time round - they appear to have worked really hard off the pitch and from what I have seen seem to be getting it together and improving all the time. Might well catch Purley cold

West1 Portsmouth v Southampton - If the Blues youth policy is at Pompey then they should win this one

East2 Spencer 3 v Epsom - Be great to get off to a winning start especially against my old club. Shame Spencer 2's aren't playing. Looking forward to the banter and beer afterwards
East3 Blues 3 v Royal Holloway - too early in the season for the students to win this one
East3 RAF Marham Rv Hillcroft A - the long drive o take it's toll and give the hard working Marham boys a win
East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3 - Improved all the time last season and could win this one at home - especially with the comfort of the changing room - good luck at your new ground

I understand Hillcroft lost last weekend to Pompey not sure if that was their whole firsts but 10-5 was the final score
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
JamesA

Postby JamesA Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Princess wrote:
S_24_LAX wrote:Prem Blues v Hitchin - I think that the strength in depth factor will take over here and Blues will beat the unpredictable Hitchin

I understand Hillcroft lost last weekend to Pompey not sure if that was their whole firsts but 10-5 was the final score

Correct - missing a big number of our firsts (not to take anything away from Pompey) - a fun game.
Warwick #21
Hillcroft #8
Princess

Postby Princess Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 am

Thought that was probably the case, wasn't trying to take anything away from Hillcroft just in case that was how it came across, think they are definitely in with a big shout against Purley. Anyone know if Purley has sourced a keeper yet?
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
kiddo

Postby kiddo Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 am

JamesA wrote:
Princess wrote:

East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3 - Improved all the time last season and could win this one at home - especially with the comfort of the changing room - good luck ]]at your new ground

Correct - missing a big number of our firsts (not to take anything away from Pompey) - a fun game.

As were Pompey ;)
mdhvc

Postby mdhvc Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:10 am

Puley have a keeper.
Humpty

Postby Humpty Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:29 pm

East3 Canterbury v Welwyn 3 - Improved all the time last season and could win this one at home - especially with the comfort of the changing room - good luck at your new ground[/quote]
we have a new ground?? :o
CCCU 2008-

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics