ProLaxShop

West 1 ALL STAR Team

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Kyri

West 1 ALL STAR Team

Postby Kyri Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Coming to the end of the season so thought it was about time.

A-
A-
A-
M-
M-
M-
D-
D-
D-
G-
Tom_Southampton

Re: West 1 ALL STAR Team

Postby Tom_Southampton Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Can't comment on the diff except by reputation and previous years as I've not played them this season but I'll join in the fun

A-
A-
A-Danny Mcliesh Bristol
M-Mike Elmes-Southampton (if he doesn't go blue with rage he'll keep running all day)
M-Rhod Stanford-Quinns
M-Alan Croft-Quinns
D-
D-
D- Kim Panton- Bristol, class above the other poles I've seen this season
G-Graham-Bristol (not played the Diff yet this season and so can't comment on this seasons keeper as I hear its not Grindle)
Last edited by Tom_Southampton on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Uni #35 2003-2008
Southampton Sabres #35 2008-----
South Unis #6 (once)
Ash

Postby Ash Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

The West one team kind of picks itself as most of the best offensive players play for cardiff. Bristol might have a better D though. Haven't played Pernarth or exeter this season.

A- Danny Mcleish (Bristol)
A- Adam Grey (Cardiff) (shoehorned into attack)
A- Will Barrett (Cardiff)
M- Alan Croft (Cardiff)
M- Rhod (Cardiff)
M- Hamish (Cardiff)
D- Kim Panton (bristol)
D- Fresher (Bristol) / There is another good pole at Bristol who's name escapes me at the mo with very good handling.
D- Kyle? Cardiff
G- Casey Hughes & Grindle (though i hear the Pernarth keeper is fairly sharp, and graham [bristol] and henry knight [soton] are both becoming very handy players)

I haven't picked anyone from soton, not cos of bias, but thats because i don't think anyone is first ten with cardiff in the league. My second ten for the league would be largely southampton and bristol dominated (as you'd expect from the league table) with a few pompey and the odd player from other clubs

I'd be relatively surprised if anyone (apart from cardiff players if they aren't selecting there own players) doesn't have an entirely cardiff midfield! Might do a line up excluding Cardiff tomorrow!
Reading Wildcats (#13) 2010 - Present
Southampton City (#13) 2008-2010
Reading Wildcats 2007-2008
Southampton University (#13) Pre - 2007
Raptor_attack

Postby Raptor_attack Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Mostly have to agree with Ash, Cardiff dominated the league for a reason

A- Adam Grey (Cardiff)
A- Will Barrett (Cardiff)
M- Mark Cullen (Soton)
M- Rhod (Cardiff)
M- Hamish (Cardiff)
D- Kim Panton (bristol)
D-Phil Pexton (Cardiff) - I think it's Phil I'm thinking off, but def going to be a Cardiff pole in there.
D- Kyle? Cardiff
G- Casey Hughes

Honourable mentions:
M- swansea middie, might be pikey, not sure. stood out in the game we played agaist them
M-Alan Croft (Cardiff)
M- Liam M (Portsmouth)
M- Jon Gill (Bristol)
D-Tarek Shagosh (Soton - our new yank who has barely played due to all the cancelled matches)
D-Fresher (Bristol)
G- Penarth keeper
Last edited by Raptor_attack on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live and Let (crease)Dive
ex-Southampton City Sabres #8
Reading Wildcats #xxx
'Instruo pro gloria'
P.Pexton

Postby P.Pexton Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 am

Ash wrote:The West one team kind of picks itself as most of the best offensive players play for cardiff. Bristol might have a better D though....

Trying not to be biased, but yeah I think if anyone were to pick a best of the west team it would/should include 95% of the Quims team! It's hard to compare a D that has barely been tested all season, although Soton did a pretty good job from what I understand (I wasn't playing I was broken :( ) . That being said there are a lot of talented players in the league and it would be rude to ignore them, so my team as follows:

G - Tubber (Penarth) - just brilliant in the big games and does what he's meant to do (stop attackers scoring) best out of all the goalies I've seen (hard against the Quims attack)
D - Fresher (Bristol) - steady, solid player.
D - Ceri Hill (Penarth) - (when he's not playing shorty) great stick handler and youthful energy.
D - Kim Panton (Bristol)
M - Ash Meyrick (Swansea) - valuable player for any team, FO, defence and attack!
M - Hamish (Quins) - was gonna try doing a team without quins players, but Hamish's work rate, voluntary or not is great>
M - Ash (Soton)
A - Little Bristol fella - don't know his name (guessing it's Danny Mcleish) but he caused me hassle to follow and check when we played them back in the first game of the season
A - John Morris (Penarth) - quiet and understated player...so so so quick, has not played every game this season or been given enough of the ball to really show his skills.
A - Gunna leave open for a Pompey player, haven't played them this season but from what I understand they are a decent unit and most likely desereve a player or two in this team.

Honourable Mentions:
Another one of the Penarth Poles...fairly young I believe but keen, decent stick handling and good bodying
A couple of the Warwick guys impressed me, poles and a certain midfielder...
Nath Harding (Quims) - First season as a pole but you wouldn't know to watch him play!
HawkUK

Postby HawkUK Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am

Ash wrote: There is another good pole at Bristol who's name escapes me at the mo with very good handling.

Might be Matt Parks
Hull Team Secretary & Treasurer 08/09
Hull - 05
Bristol Bombers 2 - 15
GarethBrown

Postby GarethBrown Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am

To be honest my first ten for the year would probably be Quins first ten...
Raptor_attack

Postby Raptor_attack Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:02 pm

See as its mostly a Quins team, how about changing it to Best of the Rest West, ahead of the upcoming game
Live and Let (crease)Dive
ex-Southampton City Sabres #8
Reading Wildcats #xxx
'Instruo pro gloria'
Mr.Stanford

Re:

Postby Mr.Stanford Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Ash wrote:D- Kyle? Cardiff

Hasn't played this year, switched him for his twin Casey, who play's in goal. Formerley Wilmslow 1st team goalie, and 1 of 3 remaining goalies in the welsh senior squad following the last cut.

Raptor_attack wrote:M- swansea middie, might be pikey, not sure. stood out in the game we played agaist them
G- Penarth keeper

Swansea middy is probably Ash, Pikey plays attack for Quins.
James Richardson AKA Tubber is the Penarth keeper, he's also 1 of 3 keepers left in the Welsh senior squad for the world games

Raptor_attack wrote:See as its mostly a Quins team, how about changing it to Best of the Rest West, ahead of the upcoming game

Make a 1st 10 and 2nd 10 when you post?

My starting 10...

A - Adam Grey aka Pikey (Quins) - not shoehorned in, that one is his choice and he loves it.
A - Will Barrett (Quins)
A - Danny (Brizzle)
M - James Tiley aka Hamish (Quins)
M - Alan Croft (Quins)
M - Andy Morgan aka Mandy (Quins) - it pains me to put his name up...
D - Aussie dude (Brizzle)
D - Phill Pexton (Quins)
D - Will Evans (Quins)
G - Casey Hughes (Quins) - as well as stopping them he's also scoring... 6 goals 3 assists
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
cez

Postby cez Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 pm

I think this squad would be mainly the quins attack and midfield with the bristol defence, however there are a few others i think deserve a mention...

Ash Merrick (swansea) - can play both short stick and long pole and works effectivly as both
James Richardson (penarth) - quality keeper combines a huge save percentage with some great clears... what more could you want
Chris Ball (penarth) - missed about half our games this year through injury and is still our top scorer, i think that says it all
Number 20 (warwick) - unbelievebly fast and had a nice shot on him too
the norweigan long pole from swansea - great defender and deadly on the break

there probly should be a few from southampton and portsmouth aswell but i found these squads worked very well as units with not too many people standing out
Penarth - #3 (Captain 2008 - 2010)
Wales u-19 - #24 2008 world championships
Welsh development - #38 2011 world championship festival
Cardiff uni - #38
A.Croft

Postby A.Croft Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Despite the dominance of Quins players within this line-up, you have to be honest and ask yourself... is there actually anyone better than those chosen in this division?!!

A- Adam Grey (Quins)
A- William Barrett (Quins)
M- Rhodri Stanford (Quins)
M- Hamish Tiley (Quins)
M- Andrew Morgan (Quins)
D- Kim Panton (Bristol)
D- Will Evans (Quins)
D- Phill Pexton (Quins)
G- Casey Hughes (Quins)
spence_warwicklax

Re: