ProLaxShop

Prediction 09/10 Season: East 1

Play in the Southern Divisons? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Mr.Stanford

Prediction 09/10 Season: East 1

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:58 am

Just over 2 months away from the start of the new season.

What's the official line up of teams?
How do you all see the next season developing?
Who is going to win?
Who is going down?

Has any team recruited?
Has any team lost players?
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Kyri

Postby Kyri Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I can see Brighton and Blues Tooz doing well this season.

As for Hitcin A a definate improvement on last seasons performance will be seen.
Lewis

Postby Lewis Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Blues tooz will win. Brighton has lost 3 of its top players to the blues and london has no keeper anymore...because of the blues :twisted:

East 1 will definitely be Blue.
Lewis Arnold
Walcountian Blues #99
Portsmouth Uni. #70
D-Unit
Mr.Stanford

Re:

Postby Mr.Stanford Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Lewis wrote:Blues tooz will win. Brighton has lost 3 of its top players to the blues and london has no keeper anymore...because of the blues :twisted:

East 1 will definitely be Blue.

if this is true, who will be the second place team? as they will be battling for promotion
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
tea leaf

Postby tea leaf Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Brighton has lost 3 of its top players to the blues

Thieves!!! ;) lol

id say brighton are still strong enough for another top half finish! 3rd or 4th perhaps

probably be blues and croydon for 1st n 2nd places

.... cant wait!!!
#52 Brighton Panthers 08-14
#50 Hertfordshire Comets 07-08

'You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take'
Kyri

Postby Kyri Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Brighton will depend on their large squad size more this season.

Looks like Blues will be the team to beat this season :twisted:

Predictions on how Reading 2's will do in East 1 after being promoted last season.
petegriffin

Postby petegriffin Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:26 pm

I think Reading 2's will hold our own this year against most teams.

A lot of our performance will hinge on any new graduates / progressing juniors we manage to pick up but after last years success I think we'll keep a fairly solid defence, maybe even a bit stronger. The midfield/attack might suffer with a couple of the lads progressing on to first team contention but I think we'll be at least as strong as last year over all.

I'm really looking forward to this season, there should be a lot of competitive games going on in E1!!
Pete

Hillcroft A
DreadLAX
https://www.facebook.com/DreadLAX
samaleyo

Postby samaleyo Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Has no-one considered Cambridge a contender? Finished 2nd place last season, by a single point in the end. A couple of players gone, but there is always the potential for a strong influx of American talent and a team that continue to develop from last year. I wouldn't discount them just yet!
South East Club Development Officer
Ex-Brooklands Hulmeians
Ex-Cambridge University #1
Ex-South Unis #1
Kyri

Postby Kyri Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:47 pm

This season the points will be very close, I don't think there will be a winner with a massive gap in points. Every team will be within 1 or 2 points of each other. Some seriously competitive games going on this season coming.
Batswish

Postby Batswish Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Can someone give me a full list of teams in East 1 this coming year?

Is the only change Reading 2 coming in for whoever was bottom, or has there been a reshuffle due to new teams being formed etc?
Lewis

Re:

Postby Lewis Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

samaleyo wrote:Has no-one considered Cambridge a contender? Finished 2nd place last season, by a single point in the end. A couple of players gone, but there is always the potential for a strong influx of American talent and a team that continue to develop from last year. I wouldn't discount them just yet!

Cambridge seem to do well at the start of the season, but when other teams find their foundations, cambridge begin to weaken in the second half. I think teams will be anticipating this and cambridge might fall a bit in the ranks.

Lewis.
Lewis Arnold
Walcountian Blues #99
Portsmouth Uni. #70
D-Unit
kiddo

Re: Re:

Postby kiddo Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Lewis wrote:
samaleyo wrote:Has no-one considered Cambridge a contender? Finished 2nd place last season, by a single point in the end. A couple of players gone, but there is always the potential for a strong influx of American talent and a team that continue to develop from last year. I wouldn't discount them just yet!

Cambridge seem to do well at the start of the season, but when other teams find their foundations, cambridge begin to weaken in the second half. I think teams will be anticipating this and cambridge might fall a bit in the ranks.

Same thing happened to london uni too
samaleyo

Postby samaleyo Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Lewis wrote:

Lewis.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment, last season Cambridge lost two league matches, one for double points against Croydon and once narrowly losing to Blues in the second half of the season. How does this equate to a weak second half of the season? In fact I'm pretty sure that the second time we played some teams we won by more than we did the first time! Buckhurst, EG for instance.

I would not be surprised if in fact the reverse was true as Cambridge takes advantage of good experienced players to help coach developing talent, and mid week games in BUCS to give players even more experience.

It may be that the team that faced Blues the second time was not as strong as the first, but I would not say that is a general trend for all teams...
Ex-Brooklands Hulmeians
Ex-South Unis #1
Lewis

Postby Lewis Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:22 pm

samaleyo wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Lewis.

I'm not sure that's a fair assessment, last season Cambridge lost two league matches, one for double points against Croydon and once narrowly losing to Blues in the second half of the season. How does this equate to a weak second half of the season? In fact I'm pretty sure that the second time we played some teams we won by more than we did the first time! Buckhurst, EG for instance.

I would not be surprised if in fact the reverse was true as Cambridge takes advantage of good experienced players to help coach developing talent, and mid week games in BUCS to give players even more experience.

It may be that the team that faced Blues the second time was not as strong as the first, but I would not say that is a general trend for all teams...

Well you narrowly beat Blues the first game of the season then lost to us in the second half. Next year it will be a very strong Blues Tooz and the season will be Blue.
Lewis Arnold
Walcountian Blues #99
Portsmouth Uni. #70
D-Unit
samaleyo

Postby samaleyo Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Lewis wrote:
samaleyo wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Lewis.

Well you narrowly beat Blues the first game of the season then lost to us in the second half. Next year it will be a very strong Blues Tooz and the season will be Blue.

Well I'm glad you feel so confident. Let's wait and see.
Ex-Brooklands Hulmeians
Ex-South Unis #1
Princess

Postby Princess Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:08 am

samaleyo wrote:
Lewis wrote:
samaleyo wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Lewis.

Well I'm glad you feel so confident. Let's wait and see.

The cambridge-blues fixture has always been close and entertaining. Last year the first fixture we were weak then in the second cambridge was short, Thats the nature of a season! Next year will be extreamly interesting we have large number new players and enthusiastic junior(ish) players key to Blues next year is the level of integration and team work we can achieve. Never can be sure what the season will bring if Cambridge, Croydon, London Uni and Brighton play with the intensity of last season could be an interesting and close competition!
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
london6

Postby london6 Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm

It's gotta be Croydon for my money. Losing Oli's gonna be a blow and the Blues look like they're going for a title challenge so it should be interesting.
Cambridge are always a good team, and at the end of last season looked like the best drilled team in the league for my money.

I know people have it in a bit for London Uni and in the past it's def been true that we've survived the season by picking up points in the first half of the season and then nicking a couple of victories against the weaker teams after Christmas. But there's been a strong contingent of English players really step up last year and the backbone of the squad really is British now, and if they continue to make the same progress and don't get too fat over the summer then I think they could surprise some people. I'm not saying they're gonna win the league but every game's going to be there to win.

I think the league's going to be more even this year, I think there could easily be quite a few upsets and it's not impossible that one of the newer teams makes a good run up the leader board.
Tree13

Postby Tree13 Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Top three will likely be Croydon, Cambridge and Blues, in that order.

Croydon only lost one game last season and that was by one goal. God knows it was satisfying beating them at their place, but they are the best team in East 1, simply because they score more goals than anyone else, and also concede less than anyone else. Cambridge were never troubled by anyone other than Blues and Croydon, and concede very few goals. Blues gain by picking up two Brighton lads, and weaken Brighton in the process - this means they will stay in the top 3, but I don't know if it will be enough to leapfrog either Croydon or Cambridge.

Brighton, London and EG will slug it out for 4th and based on last year I would give Brighton the edge, but not by much. A lot will depend on whether Brighton has the squad players to fill the void left by the two departing players, whether London Uni can take their pre-xmas form and make it last the whole season and if EG can start scoring more than they concede.

One thing is sure... I'm looking forward to playing Croydon again.
Tree13's posts only reflect Tree13's personal opinions. They do not represent the views of any other person, team or club. Any interpretation to the contrary is invalid.

Brighton #18 2008 - 2011; 2012 - 2014
EG #41 2011 - 2012
ILL Allstars #26 2011
Bristol #13 2005 - 2007
Princess

Re:

Postby Princess Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Tree13 wrote:Top three will likely be Croydon, Cambridge and Blues, in that order.

Croydon only lost one game last season and that was by one goal. God knows it was satisfying beating them at their place, but they are the best team in East 1, simply because they score more goals than anyone else, and also concede less than anyone else. Cambridge were never troubled by anyone other than Blues and Croydon, and concede very few goals. Blues gain by picking up two Brighton lads, and weaken Brighton in the process - this means they will stay in the top 3, but I don't know if it will be enough to leapfrog either Croydon or Cambridge.

Brighton, London and EG will slug it out for 4th and based on last year I would give Brighton the edge, but not by much. A lot will depend on whether Brighton has the squad players to fill the void left by the two departing players, whether London Uni can take their pre-xmas form and make it last the whole season and if EG can start scoring more than they concede.

One thing is sure... I'm looking forward to playing Croydon again.

Croydon had problems with numbers last year with a squad with other priorities and some players leaving not sure they will be able to muster the strength of last year. If anything I think its Cambridge who could muster the strongest push with Blues/EG/Croydon in a chasing pack. EG's juniors going from strength to strength excellent face guy giving them dependable posession could be enough to push them into the top group. Brighton without Edens need a new provider is someone able to step up? big questions. London,no goalie could do the traditional and dive for the floor. East 1 could be hugely competative this year - game on!
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
tea leaf

Postby tea leaf Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Brighton without Edens need a new provider is someone able to step up? big questions

the answer is yes! big loss obvisouly losing him but we do have decent enough players up front and midfield to create/supply/score goals.

This yr shud be close at both the top and bottom of the table.
Too close to call but ill hav a stab in the dark anyway

1.Croydon - showed last yr they can win week in week out (even with small numbers)
2.blues
3/4.Cambridge- depends on who they lose and who they recruit
3/4.Brighton - Enough strength in depth to push teams all season long
5.EG 'a'
6.london uni - losing there keeper may affect them? mayb not...
7.Reading 2's - new team in the league i can see doing well (based on playing them at 6's and what ive heard from others.
8.Hitchin 'a'
9.East Coast - will probably lose points on missed games etc
10.Bucks
#52 Brighton Panthers 08-14
#50 Hertfordshire Comets 07-08

'You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take'

Return to “UK Southern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register