All discussion about US college leagues in here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Kyri

Shamel Bratton Suspended?

Postby Kyri Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Shamel Bratton suspended......

Anyone know what actually caused this? I read some were that he had a "Tantrum" on the sideline of the UVA vs JHU game, but dont know if this is the reason for suspension.
kael101

Re: Shamel Bratton Suspended?

Postby kael101 Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Virginia men’s lacrosse player Shamel Bratton suspended for Saturday’s game against Maryland
By Steve Yanda
Virginia starting midfielder Shamel Bratton has been suspended for a violation of team rules and will not play Saturday against Maryland, Cavaliers coach Dom Starsia told the Post’s Christian Swezey in a telephone interview. Starsia said it is uncertain when Bratton will return to the team, though the player will be present on the sideline when Virginia hosts Maryland at noon at Scott Stadium.

This is the second time this season Bratton, a senior, has been suspended for a violation of team rules. He and his brother, Rhamel, sat out Virginia’ 11-10 overtime win Feb. 26 at Stony Brook.

Bratton, the team’s third leading scorer, has tallied 17 goals and seven assists this season.

“We have team rules, and they need to be followed,” Starsia told Swezey. “He is still part of the team, but he needs to figure out if he wants to make sacrifices for the good of the team

From the washington post.
Christian Baker
NTU- 13 09-12
Nottingham Any number I could get 2010-12
Welwyn 93 2012-
webby

Postby webby Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Violation of team rules could be anything. Curfew violation, drinking, missing a training session, falling behind on academic grades, etc.
bobby09

Postby bobby09 Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

im pretty sure i read he broke a "no drinking 48 hours before a match" rule, although that could of been his first infraction.

Return to “US College”