ProLaxShop

Northern Flags schedule

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
D99

Northern Flags schedule

Postby D99 Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Schedule for flags weekend is online:

http://www.englishlacrosse.co.uk/events ... fesitival/
Jim13

Re: Northern Flags schedule

Postby Jim13 Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Anyone got results from today / yesterday?
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Cheadle bt Stockport 10-7

Shef Uni bt Rochdale 12-7

Cheadle hulme beat Ashton 12-11

Cheadle B and C won their finals

Stockport a bt Timperley a
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Cheadle bt Stockport 10-8

Shef Uni bt Rochdale 12-7

Cheadle hulme beat Ashton 12-11

Cheadle B and C won their finals

Stockport a bt Timperley a
young_trig

Postby young_trig Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:02 am

Good Senior Flags final between Stockport and Cheadle.
Both teams pushing hard on defense and doing their best to reduce the scoring oppurtunities. Chris Brady absolutely dominated the face-off. Can't really remember him losing any.

After Cheadle scoring the first goal of the game, the momentum appeared to switch to Stockport who seemed to enjoy most of the possesion for the first quarter and accumulating a couple of goals.
However, Cheadle absolutely dominated the second quarter and managed to strect out a comfortable lead to 6-2 (I think). By the time the closing stages were being reached, I think Cheale had stretched to 10-6 and Stockport never really looked like they were going to make it back.

Standout performances for Stockport were Jim Morris and Mark Reynolds who both contributed useful goals.

For Cheadle, Brady dominated the face-off, and Sam dexter played a pivotal role in the offense stepping up with a few assists and a couple of goals. Sorry for not having any exact figures.

Now for my gripe.

I have to admit that I found the atmosphere a little intimidating at times due to the behavious of (some of) the Cheadle supporters. On several occasions they were chanting foul language (happy I didn't take my son). At times, in my opinion, they were quite offensive and aggressive towards some of the Stockport players, and I felt it was completely unecessary.

It might be considered by some that it was innocent banter, but in my opinion it crossed a line at times. The final straw was with a couple of seconds left on the clock, the Cheadle supporters rushed the field and were jumping around in the Stockport players faces, and celebrating with the Cheadle players. The whole thing could have easily got out of hand and for one second it almost looked liked it had.

As the game ended, I even heard one parent telling their child to give the pitch a wide berth as it looked as if there could be trouble. I didn't stick around for the presentation but I hoped that everything had cooled by then.

These are just my opinions of how I saw it on the day, and would be interested to know if anybody else interpreted it differently.

Trig
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
jasc

Postby jasc Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 pm

There was another incident at the Flags. My friend had his Land Rover stolen from the car park at Rochdale on Sunday, while he was watching the games.
If you are in the Rochdale area can you keep an eye out for a dark metallic grey, long wheel base station wagon.
Its Reg is S231 NEC.
It may be parked up waiting to see if there was a tracker on it.
I know it is a long shot but miracles do sometimes happen.
Thanks
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Bit daft that players not good enough to be on the pitch are giving it out to lads who are.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Thu May 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Match Report by Tom Roche
http://www.laxforums.co.uk/ela/nemla-ch ... champions/

Sounds like a good game
one of the best games of lacrosse the country has seen, certainly in the last decade

is it just me that finds the description of Stockport as "the boys in blue" amusing?

probably is just me :oops:

Congratulations to Cheadle on the double

Good luck to the players going to Denver this summer

Out of interest, how many players from this game will make the squad for Denver?

Return to “UK Northern”