ProLaxShop

NEMLA PREMIER 1 PLAY OFFS

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
green

NEMLA PREMIER 1 PLAY OFFS

Postby green Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am

Does anyone have the dates, venues and face off times for the Brooklands vs Poynton and Steelers vs Boardman play off matches?
davidmcculloch81

Re: NEMLA PREMIER 1 PLAY OFFS

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 pm

19th May.

Our captains have been told to stand by a specific phone box at 07:08am on the morning of the game. From here, we will receive a treasure map and a Da Vinci-style code, which will hold the key to the location and face-off time respectively.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed May 08, 2013 1:06 pm

"Not yet love. We're just going to have to put the whole day aside I'm afraid"

*shields face*
*picks up broken bits of glass and crockery from around feet*
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
cjlax

Postby cjlax Wed May 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Putting aside the fact that the play off teams might not have entered any players but...is there a reason why the play offs have been scheduled to clash with the Manchester 8's Festival - which I am told has 20 mens teams inc. c.160-200 mens lacrosse players signed up to play in it (not to mention the women's teams and the refs)?!

This is also the date for the D2/3 play off matches too...
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Wed May 08, 2013 3:11 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote: Our captains have been told to stand by a specific phone box at 07:08am on the morning of the game. From here, we will receive a treasure map and a Da Vinci-style code, which will hold the key to the location and face-off time respectively.

davidmcculloch81 wrote:"Not yet love. We're just going to have to put the whole day aside I'm afraid"

*shields face*
*picks up broken bits of glass and crockery from around feet*

:lol:

So what's the format? Both individual play off games, winner is in Prem 1?

Are they planned for just one venue?
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
green

Postby green Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 pm

I hear there could be a format similar to the BNC's plus the usual vendor stands, barbeque, overnight stay facilities etc.

I'm sure DMac will have a good answer if you ask him.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed May 08, 2013 5:31 pm

mmm...beer wrote:So what's the format? Both individual play off games, winner is in Prem 1?

Yes. Winner of each goes into / stays in Prem 1.

mmm...beer wrote:Are they planned for just one venue?

See treasure map.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 pm

I've heard nothing official regarding the D2/D3 playoffs either. If nothing more, it would be very helpful to know if something is being organised somewhere, or if we should organise something between ourselves (Newcastle vs Nottingham) at a central venue for us, rather than Manchester? I suspect the use of a pitch at one of the unis in Leeds or York would be cheaper than the team's additional petrol.......

(and I know that John Parrt & Matt Nugent have both been copied on emails enquiring as to the course of events)
The only time he takes his foot out of his mouth, is to put the other one in!

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne #4 08-
Durham #4 05-09
young_trig

Postby young_trig Thu May 09, 2013 9:01 am

cjlax wrote:Putting aside the fact that the play off teams might not have entered any players but...is there a reason why the play offs have been scheduled to clash with the Manchester 8's Festival - which I am told has 20 mens teams inc. c.160-200 mens lacrosse players signed up to play in it (not to mention the women's teams and the refs)?!

This is also the date for the D2/3 play off matches too...

It was the first date in the calander that didn't directly clash with any NEMLA clubs fixtures.
It would have been extremely difficult to push back even further in to the calander due to exam periods affecting the young teams who are likely to be involved and also the Uni teams.

The clash with the Manchester 8's isn't ideal but was also difficult to avoid.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
cjlax

Postby cjlax Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 am

Trig - do we know if Norbury are playing this weekend? Could a win for them put Leeds in the play offs?
falseteeth0

Postby falseteeth0 Mon May 13, 2013 11:49 am

davidmcculloch81 wrote:19th May.

Our captains have been told to stand by a specific phone box at 07:08am on the morning of the game. From here, we will receive a treasure map and a Da Vinci-style code, which will hold the key to the location and face-off time respectively.

Dave in your new role as an agent can you find out which phone box? This would at least give us half a chance of knowing where and when!
There has been a terrible outbreak of bird flu in Lancashire and i am bothered the pigeon with the note has gone down with it!
ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 pm

to be honest I feel like we're having the p*ss taken out of us here. I still haven't been told if we are supposed to organise things between us, or if something more organised is going to happen. I also don't know where to tell the person who is coming by train to book his tickets too. I have players who have evening commitments and don't know if they can get back in time or not so I can't begin to pick a side. I've attempted to contact the man responsible and had no response. If it's happening within the M60, then for the clubs there it is easy, but for those of us for whom transport is a genuine headache, it's really frustrating. There are a couple of pitches free at Durham , you can all come up here if you like!
The only time he takes his foot out of his mouth, is to put the other one in!

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne #4 08-
Durham #4 05-09
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Mon May 13, 2013 9:33 pm

ibop wrote: I also don't know where to tell the person who is coming by train to book his tickets too.

10/10 for this fella

ibop wrote: I have players who have evening commitments and don't know if they can get back in time or not so I can't begin to pick a side.

Evening Commitments?!?! Outside of Lacrosse?!? This is not the sport for you my friends, 0/10! :roll:
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
Fourteen

Postby Fourteen Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 am

FYI;

The Prem1/Prem2 play off will be between the teams finishing in positions 7 and 8 in Prem1; Boardman and Eccles and Poynton and the teams finishing in places 1and 2 in Prem2; Brooklands and Sheffield Steelers.

The Prem2/Prem3 play off will be between teams finishing in positions 5 and 6 in Prem2; Norbury and Newcastle and teams finishing in positions 1 and 2 in Prem3; Cheadle Hulme and Nottingham.

The teams will be seeded according to their final league placing 1-4, this will then look like this:

SEED Prem1/Prem2 Prem2/Prem3
1 Boardman & Eccles Norbury
2 Poynton Newcastle
3 Brooklands Cheadle Hulme
4 Sheffield Steelers Nottingham

The games will be played to the following formula, common to seeded draws 1v4 and 3v2 with the first team being the home team. The home team will be responsible for the venue but if both teams agree the venue may be switched. The fixtures should be played on Sunday the 19th of May at 2pm, again if the teams agree then this time may be changed. If you wish to change the venue or FO time please inform the referees, I will ask the referees to provide 2 officials for each game and each team will be responsible for the expenses of one official. The home team should provide a bench official.
In effect the play offs are:
Prem1/Prem2
Boardman & Eccles v Sheffield Steelers
Brooklands v Poynton
Prem2/Prem3
Norbury v Nottingham
Cheadle Hulme v Newcastle
The outcome of these fixtures will be used to help determine who will play in which ‘premier’ divisions next season but ultimately who plays where will be dependent upon the number of clubs that enter the premier competition next season.
Thank you for your patience.
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm

When was this directive sent out to the clubs Fourteen?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

whopead

Postby whopead Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Prem 3 play offs are as follows not as published

Norbury v Cheadle Hulme

Nottingham V Newcastle

They are home away ties not Neutral
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:When was this directive sent out to the clubs Fourteen?

This morning
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm

In which case, fair play to falseteeth for getting something in place so quickly.

I seriously feel for Newcastle on this one. Good luck finding a pitch and getting the game played.

What a monumental f*ck up this has been.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

Phil D

Postby Phil D Tue May 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Fourteen wrote:... upon the number of clubs that enter the premier competition next season.

Who does one contact for enquiries about entering another team?

Phil
falseteeth0

Postby falseteeth0 Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm

NEMLA contact you to ask what teams you are entering, you could always contact Nick Hewitt who will the new NEMA fixt sec after Thursdays AGM.

Return to “UK Northern”