ProLaxShop

British National Championships- North West Team

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Moaning Git

British National Championships- North West Team

Postby Moaning Git Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Arrangements are now being finalised for the North West club involvement in the BNCs. There will not be a Cheshire or Lancashire squad, but there will be three teams representing NW clubs. Details will shortly be sent to clubs so if you are interested in taking part please let your club secretary know.

Once clubs have been informed details will be posted here.

Talks are ongoing about how and when to reinstitute the traditional Lancs v Cheshire game as has been requested by numerous players.
the pom

Re: British National Championships- North West Team

Postby the pom Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm

we need the cheshire lancs game so we still have some elite lacrosse games left
the BNC are a great comp but the talent is being spread very thin
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

the pom wrote:we need the cheshire lancs game so we still have some elite lacrosse games left
the BNC are a great comp but the talent is being spread very thin

Who saw this post coming!?!?!?

And so the 2013 "elite lacrosse" debate begins..........
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Debate away ...... but in a different thread please!
nabster

Postby nabster Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 pm

so 3 "North" teams basically?
Cheadle 2012-?
Blues #45 2010-12
Central Manchester BNC team
South England Lacrosse
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

The Groups are as follow: -

Central: Rochdale, Boardman & Eccles, Manchester Wacs, Heaton Mersey Guild, Heaton Mersey & Cheadle

West : Brooklands, Timperley, Liverpool, Cheadle Hulme, Stoke, Wilmslow

East: Poynton, Stockport, Norbury, Old Stopfordians, Mellor & Ashton
whopead

Postby whopead Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

I would assume these divisions have been done to even ot strengths of teams a little rather than geographically?
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
nabster

Postby nabster Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm

do we know which weekend it is??
Cheadle 2012-?
Blues #45 2010-12
South England Lacrosse
stocklax26

Re: British National Championships - North West Team

Postby stocklax26 Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Can I please ask why has this been done?

I agree that having the NWLA is a step forward and MIGHT help to get the county system out of mothball, but I don't agree with scrapping Cheshire & Lancashire altogether for BNC's.

Also, the way the NW has been carved up is also very confusing, you have the most easterly club in the central team and the second most western team in the central team? Central Bias??
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:24 pm

The original plan was to enter two teams, East and West as for the U19s, but we were asked by the organisers if we could possibly enter 3 teams so the draw "worked" and we agreed, in order to help with the development of the tournament.
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 pm

How did the choice of clubs for areas come about?
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:02 pm

mmm...beer wrote:How did the choice of clubs for areas come about?

Personally, I'm not too bothered about it, it's all NW at the end of the day and I think it's always difficult balancing the clubs in terms of strength and geographical area.

What I am interested in, is how will the teams be selected? trials (yay), Invitation (boo), names out of a hat ( :shock: )???
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 pm

I was not involved in the choice of clubs for areas, but the aim was to get a rough geographical split and then spread the stronger teams to try and achieve a potential balance. Don't get too hung up about it.

Selection this year will have to be by nomination from clubs and selection led by team coaches. At the moment though we have no coaches, managers or players in place. Personally I prefer trials but that will have to wait until the NW Assoc is properly set up.

For the last couple of years some Cheshire players complained that the BNCs were not a worthwhile competition. We have changed the approach to give more NW players the opportunity to compete, to avoid creating a NW superteam, and attempt to make the playing standards at the BNCs more equitable (when you consider the range of teams competing). However we are already getting complaints about the changes from certain individuals. The answer is simple then, get involved in the NW Association and influence directly the decisions that are made.

In the meantime encourage people from your club to become involved this year, we need players, coaches and a team manager for each squad, PM me if you are interested.

BNCs are on May 4/5th
the pom

Postby the pom Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm

LivTeamJones26 wrote:

Personally, I'm not too bothered about it, it's all NW at the end of the day and I think it's always difficult balancing the clubs in terms of strength and geographical area.

What I am interested in, is how will the teams be selected? trials (yay), Invitation (boo), names out of a hat ( :shock: )?

Mr git i think livteamjones is offering to set up and run trials for the west group
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Paul_lboro/wildcats
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Paul_lboro/wildcats Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 pm

I actually think this really makes sense and is one of the best things that has happened for the BNCs in ages. As it has been brought up time and time again this tournament isn't anywhere near the international standard that the top players should be aspiring to or even that of a regular Northern Prem game (where you have players who play together week in and week out).

What it is though is an excellent tournament that pits players from all over the country against each other and I have seen first hand players take something away from it each year and really go on to massively improve.

All this means is that instead of two quality North West teams (Cheshire and Lancs) you have three giving more players opportunity to play and an extra competitive match for those teams.

In addition what should happen now is that the Cheshire-Lancashire match is again run as a proper individual event separate to this across all age groups with teams clearly divided by those county borders to uphold a long standing tradition.
Reading Wildcats Captain #8
nabster

Postby nabster Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Paul_lboro/wildcats wrote:what should happen now is that the Cheshire-Lancashire match is again run as a proper individual event

like this idea. have it as a showcase game before the final maybe or end of Saturday
Cheadle 2012-?
Blues #45 2010-12
South England Lacrosse
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:52 pm

One Day Two Counties

Cheshire V Lancs at one ground ( Mersey, Brooklands, Timperley WIlmslow for eg) or on astro somewhere

10am: U12
11.30am: U14
1 pm: U16
2.30pm: U-19
4pm: Senior

I am sure this used to happen but i havent seen it since at least 2005.

I guess it needs people to be interested/willing to organise it though...seems a shame there doesnt seem to be
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:05 pm

If there is an offer to organise and run trials amongst any of the groups I would like to hear asap so we can get the process underway.

I can't really say too much at the moment but there is a plan under discussion to reintroduce the Lancs V Cheshire game at a regular and prominent event, all I can say is watch this space.

It is unlikely that we will reintroduce a County format at levels under Seniors as the All Star format used for the U19s proved popular and was supported by clubs , players, and parents. Many people told us that this was the reinvigorated approach that was needed, and so we are looking to build on that approach, working down in age groups as we develop a supporting infrastructure. To do it properly we need volunteers to coach and manage squads, and help with the running of events. The sooner they are in place the sooner we can make progress.
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:16 pm

the pom wrote:
LivTeamJones26 wrote:

What I am interested in, is how will the teams be selected? trials (yay), Invitation (boo), names out of a hat ( :shock: )?

Mr git i think livteamjones is offering to set up and run trials for the west group

Alas, the Cricket season starts next week for us so unless people show up on Sunday, I have no pitch. I'd be more than happy to look into it for next year though, Liverpool is already used for North Trials for women's so I am sure we can come to an arrangement with the Club.

MG, can you PM me your email? Work only allows me to receive PM's, not send!
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
the pom

Postby the pom Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 am

LivTeamJones26 wrote:
the pom wrote:
LivTeamJones26 wrote:

Alas, the Cricket season starts next week for us so unless people show up on Sunday, I have no pitch. I'd be more than happy to look into it for next year though, Liverpool is already used for North Trials for women's so I am sure we can come to an arrangement with the Club.

MG, can you PM me your email? Work only allows me to receive PM's, not send!

I belive cheadle hulme who are in your group normaly have a pitch avaible speak to checky lax stuff you still have time for this year

Return to “UK Northern”