ProLaxShop

Results 8th December

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
ThinBlueZebra

Re: Results 8th December

Postby ThinBlueZebra Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:40 pm

Not only should it be played on 3G. It should be played through spring n summer
dalglish

Postby dalglish Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Stockport A 12 Brooklands A 3

This game was the Flags game not league
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Lancashire Cup

Nottingham 14-4 Hull

By far our worst performance of the season. Attack lacked invention, whilst the defence was disjointed throughout. We looked like the Hull of 2 years ago. Will havr to wait 5 weeks to mend the issues now though!

Q1: 3-2
Q2: 5-0
Q3: 4-1
Q4: 3-1
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
whopead

Postby whopead Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

To be fair Gaz i think your attack worked hard but we defended well. I think you played better than the last time we met but our team was stronger 10-3 last time
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 pm

ThinBlueZebra wrote:Not only should it be played on 3G. It should be played through spring n summer

What he said
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
What he said

For crying out loud, will someone please spare a thought for the cricketers!!!
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 am

Won't somebody please think of the Cricket. :(

Wilmslow firsts off; were due to play at Boardman but their pitch unplayable and they didn't want to play at ours. Shame as we had a good game at Timperley in the flags last week (I watched and we lost but put in a good performance) and the lads were up for it.

Our A team won 31-1 I think in the end against Brooklands.

Hats off to Brooklands, they fought until the end and they had a young lad on face who came up with a huge majority; looks a good prospect. I'm sure in time the rest of his game will develop, especially as he's only 16/17, I believe. One for the future.

Our attack was (ahem) experienced with the relatively sprightly Perrin Brothers and Mark Hodkin stille nimble at 72.

We've got a few young players really stepping up in midfield and providing good legs and developing stick skills with Freddie Sheen, Sam Burgess and Harry Broughton, a couple of Young Goalies and long sticks who are all looking to develop. Also at the back are a few older lads which seems to help, especially at this level.

Good mix of age and experience; shame we went down last season as the step up from North 3 to Prem 1 is a massive step up for players and we need to bridge that gap, (preferably with the firsts staying up!).

This season's we've really felt the need to get promoted, making James Perrin captain has helped; not only his Lacrosse mind (have to say I've played with him for donkeys years and hats off; the fella knows the game) but also it's raised the profile for the A team within the club, I think personally.

It's social lacrosse, but I really hope we can clinch promotion this season and it'd be nice to try to push on next season as well.

Enjoying it, personally though; good few seaons out and have missed it.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
Hall0

Postby Hall0 Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

spence_warwicklax wrote:
the pom wrote:
Hall0 wrote:could they not get a University affiliation?

are staffs interested? probably one of the closest units not already affiliated.

as far as I'm aware, City of Stoke LC draw a number of their players from Staffs Uni - they play their home fixtures at the uni's Stoke campus at least

yeah Stoke do use Staffs players - however not all so it could be something to look at in the future or possibly ask Keele or Chester Uni's maybe as i am sure the players there would like more games
Staffordshire Uni Lax #7
City Of Stoke Lax #0
falseteeth0

Postby falseteeth0 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

[quote="mmm...beer"]

Wilmslow firsts off; were due to play at Boardman but their pitch unplayable and they didn't want to play at ours. Shame as we had a good game at Timperley in the flags last week (I watched and we lost but put in a good performance) and the lads were up for it.

Well mmm......beer, i am sure all the other league clubs will be surprised in the future if Wilmslow turn down the chance to give up home field advantage!! Later in the season if time was running out to schedule games then that is different!
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Whoa, easy tiger; no bite in what I said at all, just commenting on what had happened, not pointing fingers.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Home ground advantage?????

What does that come from then, the thousands of chanting spectators roaring on the home side, and creating a wall of sound that the opposition attack cannot penetrate?

Or is it the knowledge the the pie and peas available in the bar after the match are such a gourmet speciality that the team is spurred on to great efforts?

Personal feeling only, but where there is an alternative pitch available within reasonable distance I think it should be mandatory to switch games to avoid any chance of a backlog at the end of the season.
falseteeth0

Postby falseteeth0 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I agree MG, but it has to be all or nothing!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Agreed, it has to apply across the board, so I am not being critical of Boardman's decision ...... just a bit mischievous as is my want at times!
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Moaning Git wrote:
Personal feeling only, but where there is an alternative pitch available within reasonable distance I think it should be mandatory to switch games to avoid any chance of a backlog at the end of the season.

Agreed!
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Moaning Git wrote:Agreed, it has to apply across the board, so I am not being critical of Boardman's decision ...... just a bit mischievous as is my want at times!

Haha .... really?
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm

8)
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

webby wrote:Newcastle 8-12 Norbury.

Newcastle down to 11 men after one missed his train from Durham and another injured himself in the warm up!

Name names.
webby

Postby webby Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Sour37 wrote:
Name names.

Paddy and Eddie. You can guess which was which.
Dan10

Postby Dan10 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm

"Well mmm......beer, i am sure all the other league clubs will be surprised in the future if Wilmslow turn down the chance to give up home field advantage!! Later in the season if time was running out to schedule games then that is different!"

I was one of the players well up for the game on Saturday...and felt it was a bit premature to call off the game at 9:30am due to an unplayable pitch when the sun was out and it was thawing pretty quickly.....smelt a bit funny if you ask me especially with the refusal to play it at Wilmslow!
falseteeth0

Postby falseteeth0 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Dan10 wrote:<null>

Who said it was called off because of a frozen pitch? Please obtain the facts before commenting! And once again we didn't have to move the game!!!

Return to “UK Northern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics