ProLaxShop

Results 10th november

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
LivTeamJones26

Results 10th november

Postby LivTeamJones26 Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Liverpool P-P Stoke due to lack of drivers/players for Stoke
dalglish

Re: Results 10th november

Postby dalglish Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 am

Pathetic IMO
Do not enter a team in any sport if you cant fulfill your fixtures, it makes a mockery of the sport.
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:14 am

Jesus you'd think they'd be chomping at the bit.

To get out of stoke, if nothing else.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 am

I just want to play lacrosse really! We've only played 3 games out of 6 due to other teams lack of players etc, it just makes it harder for us to get a consistent squad out each week as everyone is just waiting for the other team to cancel on us!
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:54 pm

LivTeamJones26 wrote:I just want to play lacrosse really! We've only played 3 games out of 6 due to other teams lack of players etc, it just makes it harder for us to get a consistent squad out each week as everyone is just waiting for the other team to cancel on us!

Wasn't one of the main aims of the restructuring .... to deal with this issue?
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
whopead

Postby whopead Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Reality is, if a "club" is only one team, depending on the size of the club then there will be times when there are not enough players for a team...especially if there are only a few drivers. Last season only 3 of our players had a car so if one isn't available then its hard to travel. Lucky this year as we have plenty of drivers but can sympathize with transport issues. Getting a bus from Stockport to Cheadle is a damn site quicker than Stoke to Liverpool.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
LivTeamJones26

Postby LivTeamJones26 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm

whopead wrote:Reality is, if a "club" is only one team, depending on the size of the club then there will be times when there are not enough players for a team...especially if there are only a few drivers. Last season only 3 of our players had a car so if one isn't available then its hard to travel. Lucky this year as we have plenty of drivers but can sympathize with transport issues. Getting a bus from Stockport to Cheadle is a damn site quicker than Stoke to Liverpool.

I sympathise as much as anyone with the difficulties of driving, but we offered to reverse the fixture and come to them and they declined. I can only ask that any clubs who are struggling to play us let us know as soon as possible as we can try our best to help them and get the fixture played. There wasn't a lot more we could do on Friday night.

Needless to say the news did not go down well with the team when they got together this morning.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Leeds 7 - 18 Sheffield steelers

Steelers were excellent. Not much more to say really
whopead

Postby whopead Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Read the result on league republic and it said Leeds 18 Steelers 7...Was wondering what the hell happened (no offence to Leeds) 18-7 to Steelers sounded more realistic!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
cheekylaxstuff

Postby cheekylaxstuff Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Lincoln 5 - Cheadle Hulme 17
Jewellery,Wooden Shafts,Lacrosse Antiques,Lax Art * Random kit
spence_warwicklax

Postby spence_warwicklax Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:37 pm

HMG 3 - 16 Hull
ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Norbury 7-7 Newcastle
Newcastle were two up with 6 minutes to go before finishing the game with a 4- man zone
Hall0

Postby Hall0 Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm

dalglish wrote:Pathetic IMO
Do not enter a team in any sport if you cant fulfill your fixtures, it makes a mockery of the sport.

whoah!!! what the f*ck!!? i have lads they play university and have injuries - some needed a break and unfortunately my drivers were those injured!! we are still going to fulfill this fixture as we will fulfill ALL our fixtures!!!

f*cking attitude in this sport is shocking and i already can't wait to walk away from it!
Staffordshire Uni Lax #7
City Of Stoke Lax #0
snooplax

Postby snooplax Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 pm

The sport currently is going through se "growing pains" but the fact is it is growing. New clubs should be supported as it's hard work getting off the ground
Best of luck to you Stoke guys
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Hall0 wrote:
whoah!!! what the f*ck!!? i have lads they play university and have injuries - some needed a break and unfortunately my drivers were those injured!! we are still going to fulfill this fixture as we will fulfill ALL our fixtures!!!

f*cking attitude in this sport is shocking and i already can't wait to walk away from it!

Don't worry about it fella. You probably didn't learn to play as a junior, hence why he probably doesn't like you
Hall0

Postby Hall0 Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 pm

young_trig wrote:
Hall0 wrote:

Don't worry about it fella. You probably didn't learn to play as a junior, hence why he probably doesn't like you

well i worked my socks off to set this team up so to hear things like that has really wound me up especially after the day i've had.

i am sorry to anyone that CoS let down but we will play all our games - just be patient with a new team please
Staffordshire Uni Lax #7
City Of Stoke Lax #0
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Hall0 wrote:
well i worked my socks off to set this team up so to hear things like that has really wound me up especially after the day i've had.

i am sorry to anyone that CoS let down but we will play all our games - just be patient with a new team please

Those of us who have ever tried to get a club off the ground fully appreciate what you guys are doing. It ain't easy. Keep up the hard work, i hope it all works out for you guys
Hall0

Postby Hall0 Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:24 pm

young_trig wrote:
Hall0 wrote:

Those of us who have ever tried to get a club off the ground fully appreciate what you guys are doing. It ain't easy. Keep up the hard work, i hope it all works out for you guys

cheers bud, i forget this sport does have some decent people involved too - we will keep working at it. i have got a group that just love the sport and want to play more
Staffordshire Uni Lax #7
City Of Stoke Lax #0
young_trig

Postby young_trig Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Hall0 wrote:
cheers bud, i forget this sport does have some decent people involved too - we will keep working at it. i have got a group that just love the sport and want to play more

No worries. What daglish is forgetting is that it isn't only your top team, its also your bottom team. I'm sure the bottom Stockport team has been guilty of conceding a few fixtures in their time!
OVUZZO85

Postby OVUZZO85 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Come on STOKE!!!
I am Italian. Lacrosse is brand new sport there. This year they organized a pre-season tournament 8 v 8 to help new teams like (Bologna-La Spezia - San marino) lending players as well!! This is the spirit of lacrosse.
Hillcroft B #85 2013/2014
City Of Stoke #11 2011/2013
Staffordshire University #11 2011/2013
RomaLeonesLacrosse #11 2011/2014

Return to “UK Northern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register