ProLaxShop

Players Forum meeting

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Chilli

Re: Players Forum meeting

Postby Chilli Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Several clubs have asked to go down.
We discuss the reason openly at the SEMLA Committee and make a judgement as to what's best for that Club
All the Clubs that have gone down have survived, there has never been an instance of a team manipulating the option, going down and then stuffing the other clubs in the league

Conversely a couple of new clubs joining SEMLA have requested and been allowed to start a division above the bottom in light of their experience, Epsom and Oxford Uni are examples.

The guiding principle in what we have done in SEMLA over the last decade is to do what's best for the game in the longer term not just what suits a few clubs in the immediate term.
Fortunately all the clubs bought into this idea and have been flexible and supportive of the changes and new ideas. The end result has been to create more teams and lots more players.
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 pm

I have to say i agree with the policy SEMLA have taken over the years. Hopefully it will spread northwards in the near future
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I cant account for it! By pedantic i meant the club is City of Stoke playing in Stoke . Stafford is about another 15 miles south. Not being arsey just pointing out.

You are being aresey, Lol! But I thought they were playing and the University of Staffordshire, which may well be in Stoke, but what would I know, anything outside manchester is a total mystery to me of course

Return to “UK Northern”